As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Car Got Keyed

2»

• WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    Just for anyone who wants to know since it was brought up above, those " we pay your deductible" shops do it by adding the cost of the deductible to your repair, charging your insurance for the repair + deductible, then reimbursing you. It can always backfire though, as your insurance company usually has a pretty good idea of what things cost and won't be willing to hand over an extra $500 unless you can justify it.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I had a mark from... something. looked like a key. Got a touch up kit for $10 and fixed it. doesn't look as good as getting it done at a shop obviously, but it's protected from rust which is the main thing in new york winters.

Jars on
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    Karrmer wrote:
    They tried raising your rates for an accident you weren't at fault for? And the other party didn't pay.. why?

To the OP, hope it all works out. Vandalism like that is probably my biggest pet peeve - literally only the scum of the earth stoop so low.

they said they enrolled me in a "new program" and it wasn't technically a rate increase, even though i got a letter that said "rate increase due to no fault accident" which i don't think i was supposed to get. Erie insurance can suck a dick.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I have them currently. I might consider switching to allstate in the future, I like that vanishing deductible stuff, seems like it'd be right up my alley.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote:
    I have them currently. I might consider switching to allstate in the future, I like that vanishing deductible stuff, seems like it'd be right up my alley.

Isn't that Nationwide with that creepy dude singing?

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Allstate has it too, I think.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    Allstate is the president from 24, Nationwide is "on your side"

I'm sure your premiums will reflect it, but i agree vanishing deductible sounds peachy.