As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] 2012 Challenge Coins - Orders Closed

• MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    I will be wherever people need me to be, I guess if people really need they can PM me and I can give them my number for texting/calling so I can meet up with people throughout the week. Otherwise i'll be at parts of the MMT, the PPD, Pokecrawl of course, and various other things I haven't decided on yet.

Picking up should be simple, I mean 3 forms of ID, a credit check and a CORI check and they're all yours =)

what too much?

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    :)
    Thanks. This is my first Pax East. So, I'm a bit over enthusiastic. :)
    Don't worry - it's my third, and I'M still a bit over enthusiastic . . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    hee hee. I think that's the best thing about Pax. The over enthusiasm never really goes away. Does it?

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I'll be at JJ Foley's as well on tuesday, MMT on wednesday and thursday, PPD, and will be free if anyone wants to get theirs during the weekend. PM me for my number if you need it as well.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
    @MxWood: PPD would be a good place for me to get in touch with my coins. That'll be my first pax event.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    @MxWood: PPD would be a good place for me to get in touch with my coins. That'll be my first pax event.

sounds good, me and Giga should both be there, nice and simple.

Yay! So happy!!

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    Invoice received, payment sent, so excited! Thanks karma!

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Payment sent. Thanks!
    I'll have to find somebody on Thursday I suppose, I'm not attending any events or anything.

NSw0gum.png
  • karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    As a note, I'm sending out the invoices now, it's not a super fast process. Once I get through this batch of invoices, I'll start sending out confirmations to those that I have received payment from.

"In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    Payment sent via paypal thanks!

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Payment made!

• adastraadastra Registered User regular
    Paid! Yay! Can't wait to add this to my challenge coin collection!

Invoice received and payment sent. Awesome!

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    edited February 2012
    A few notes, I am using a couple of e-mail addresses interchangably. It really depends on if I remembered to change a drop down to the one I intended to use. Don't panic, it's just me being shell shocked while I process all the paperwork.
    I do sound like a robot or something in most of the mails. I have some spreadsheets and I'm doing a ton of cut/paste. I guess some people have fancy invoicing software, but not for me! I apologize if I come off kind of wooden in the mails.

The current reservation list has been completely invoiced. All payments that have been made so far have been recorded and acknowledged. If you think you were on the main list (not the standby list) and didn't receive an invoice, or if you made a payment and no acknowledgement was sent, or if your invoice seems to be wrong, please let me know. I'm doing it all by hand and spreadsheet, so mistakes are bound to be my fault.

karmacappa on
  • mishappmishapp CalgaryRegistered User regular
    Thanks Karmacappa, really awesome of you to do all of this. I'll need to set up something with one of the volunteers to pick up my coins either during PAX or at the Pokecrawl.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    A note for me as a will-call:

I will be at: The Pokecrawl (Team yellow something or other), the Cigar smoke, the Coin Lunch (Friday, 12:30, leave BCEC at 12, registration begins next week), BYOC by appointment, Various locations near Boston PRIOR to Pax, Free Play 6-7 PM Saturday (Specifically to hand out coins), and possibly more as scheduling solidifies.

If people see me walking around, I may or may not have spare coins with me (I plan to carry at least 10 at any given time, but most will be stored in BYOC unless needed to be distributed for a specific reason) and you can pick them up then. It depends on how many I end up having to distribute on whether I carry them all around at all times. You can look back in the thread for a detailed description- I'm going to be rather noticeable, I promise.

Realistically, the Coin Lunch is the easiest way to get your coins though!

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    What is this "Coin Lunch"?

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Coin lunch:
    Leave BCEC at 12:00 PM, Take bus to Legal Sea Food Test Kitchen (Or Legal Sea Food, see below)
    Friday, 12:30-done
    Legal Sea Food Test Kitchen (Alt location if they can't handle us, Legal Sea Food across the street)

I'm organizing it as a simple coin pick up location- I don't know if other volunteers are attending, but they're encouraged!

You do not have to pick up a coin to attend, but if we hit number limits, people who need their coins get priority. (Based on the numbers I've seen, we should be fine)

Sign ups are being posted next week, once invoices and payments are sorted out to a degree.

Shuttles run directly from the BCEC to the place. All people are expected to handle their own bills. KISS, I guess. Unless they offer me a crazy awesome deal when I call with the numbers, then we might take that, but at the moment it's just a large reservation.

an "awesome" offer from them would be 20 bucks a head, liquor not included, pretty much anything on the menu- But I'll see when I have a feel for how many people want to come.

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    FYI, Legal sea foods is expensive, I wont be making it to that, but I am at BYOC and obviouslly PAX, so hopefully we can arrange a meetup for me to get my coin!

Thanks!

PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
    FYI, Legal sea foods is expensive, I wont be making it to that, but I am at BYOC and obviouslly PAX, so hopefully we can arrange a meetup for me to get my coin!

Thanks!

We can, no problem. BYOC is my home base- I'm not there all the time, but I can organize something to make sure we cross paths!

Yes, it is somewhat expensive- Trout is about 14 + tax, but it actually isn't that bad compared to other real restaurant options. For general lunch options, there is definitly easier- a deli is nearby that you can eat at for 6 bucks or so, and Andale is next to south station, they're about 7 bucks (Great burritos though)

In any case, the lunch isn't the only option, it just is a good one. :)

Sounds interesting. I might be able to peel myself away from the expo hall for a quick pop-by and bite.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    There's an LTK about a 5 minute walk from the BCEC, if you want to get your Legal fix without taking a bus.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Is anyone else having an issue with the wepay link? It gives me a security error and won't load the page.

Seems to be working in firefox but not in chrome for me. Odd.

TopherRocks on
  • KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Khadour wrote:
    There's an LTK about a 5 minute walk from the BCEC, if you want to get your Legal fix without taking a bus.

Actually, there's also a regular Legal Sea Food across the street from the LTK now. It's new, but I just had dinner there last night (I'm not a local, but I was in town for a ski trip). There's three floors, each with a different menu and price point. I ate on the bottom floor, which is apparently the "casual dining," and has mostly lower priced items like lobster rolls and such (lower priced as in under $20).

• Tap Master CTap Master C Registered User regular
    Payment made! Now to pick one of the Will Callers and pester them for a method of coin retrieval...

PAX East 2013 Omeganaut

Hmm... I seem to have misplaced my signature...
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to think us Will Call coin holders should walk around with giant signs that say "COIN WILL CALL HERE"

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
    gigabrain wrote: »
    I'm starting to think us Will Call coin holders should walk around with giant signs that say "COIN WILL CALL HERE"

Now you're using your GIGABRAIN! :)

To everyone that is doing Will Call, I'll be doing a mailing once the will call list building settles down. Basically, we'll be asking what information you feel comfortable sharing with the Will Call volunteers. By all means, you can also PM them here on the boards, as they all have access to a shared document to put down your preferences for coin delivery. Things that might help them figure out how to meet up with you are the hotel you're staying at, a phone number you can be reached at during PAX, events that you'll be attending, or even just a time and place. We do have a good ratio of volunteers to will call (about 1 to 6), so chances are very high that one or more of them will be able to accomodate you. Some of them will even be in BYOC, so you can even set up a time that you'll stop by and they can come out to hand you your coins.

Again, the will call volunteers are:
    KoalaBro2
    Gigabrain
    Khadour
    Kiashien
    Mxwood
    Mikemuck1

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    D'oh. Spent too much time in the Pokecrawl thread and missed this. Request sent. Hope I'm not too late.

I'm assembling a standby list. Any invoices still outstanding by next Sun will be closed and the coins reserved for those invoices will go to the standby list.

If you've already received your invoice, you can register for the lunch here:
    RSVP link

Once you have your invoice, feel free to register. One week after Karma's last wave of invoices go out, I'll be calling Legal, based on how many people we have who want to go.

If you are not picking up coins at all, and want to come, you can register now too. Just put in N/A for your invoice number, and select the "Lunching" option.

It's implied that if you say you're picking up your coins at this, that I'm your coin handler, but it might be different if several Will Call volunteers opt to come to this :)

So I got the coins today. When outside of their capsules, they do not quite lie flat. Both sides have a little bit of above the rim. Not a ton, but they do not lie 100% flat. They look really great, and I think you'll all enjoy them. We're still trucking away on the invoices, we've received payment on about 3/4 of them so far.

• KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    As an FYI for people, I'll be arriving on the Metal Gear train (scheduled to arrive in Boston at 9 PM Thursday), then will spend the balance of Thursday night at the Pre-PAX Westin Gaming Night. I am running the cigar outing, so obviously I'll be there along with Kiashien. The cigar outing is currently projected to be Friday night/Saturday morning at 2 AM, when PAX closes, so just come to the designated spot once the BCEC closes and you could get your coins then. Finally, I'm working on setting up a "last chance" event, where I'll be hanging out with some other folks in the tabletop freeplay area Sunday afternoon, and that will presumably represent the last possible time to get your coins.

Unfortunately, I will NOT have coins with me on the Metal Gear train (I'm meeting my buddy who's a Boston local and he is receiving the shipment).

Lunch sounds nice. But my WorkPLace friends are wanting to do the Sam Adams tour on Friday. So I'll get my coin from MxWood or Giga at the PPD.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Lunch sounds nice. But my WorkPLace friends are wanting to do the Sam Adams tour on Friday. So I'll get my coin from MxWood or Giga at the PPD.

I'll probably be at the PPD too, realistically. Heh. Also, going to the brewery on a pax day?! That's just missing too much! Heh.

Heehee. I'm not sure exactly which day we'll decide on. But last I heard was Friday morning or around noon. I'd like to get a look around the expo hall before leaving.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Payed with WePay. Very very excited! Thanks Karma.
    Also - MxWood - I'm on your Pokecrawl team, if that works to hand them off before things get crazy?

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • LuptoniumLuptonium Registered User regular
    Just sent my request, hope they aren't gone....

• Mikemuck1Mikemuck1 Registered User regular
    Hello everyone! I will be handing out will coins as well.. Most of my time will be spent in the tabletop/ccg areas. I will set up a twitter feed for current location and you can always pm me for cell contact! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

In the first run that I financed, we had 300 coins produced. Since there is a demand for more, I've gone ahead and requested that 100 more be produced. Right now about 330 are accounted for. It will require a bit more money fronted on my part, but I'm ok with it to make sure we as few people are left out as possible. To guarantee their availability by PAX, I'm having them shipped directly to one of the Will Call volunteers in MA. At some point, I will not be accepting new requests for coins by mail, all orders will have to be picked up Will Call.
    So everyone, orders are open again, please request your coins (5 max) ASAP and try to take care of the invoices in a timely manner.

This discussion has been closed.