As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoD] Shotgun Nerf Inbound. Somehow, this isn't a joke.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    So I'm done prestiging in this game. There's really no point to it anymore. 7 classes is enough for me. I also don't regret "wasting" my tokens on unlocks. It's nice to have an assassin stinger class @ level 7.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Dead Man's Hand is the best thing.

Aw man, you killed me...

Ha ha, no but seriously*BABOOM*

It's actually the best deathstreak ever. It's rare enough and surprising enough that all I can do when it kills me is laugh.

Because seriously. Things were fine and then BOOM. Love it.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    DMH takes a pretty decent number of consecutive deaths to activate too. Chances of breaking your deathstreak before it activates are really high, and if you're having a really bad game, at least you have something to smile about.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I've been doing pretty damn well recently, but where is all the hatemail at, CoD?

In BlOps I got hatemail at the drop of a hat.

Best one was a guy bitching that I killed him using the "overpowered Enfield"... He ofcourse used a FAMAS.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Jurgen_Jurgen_ FinlandRegistered User regular
    Why is the final killcam broken ? I've gotten the final kill so many times, yet it shows something else.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jurgen_ wrote:
    Why is the final killcam broken ? I've gotten the final kill so many times, yet it shows something else.

Does it happen during objective game types? I think Final Killcam on gametypes like Domination only counts for the final kill from the winning team.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Game Winning Killcam.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    DMH takes a pretty decent number of consecutive deaths to activate too. Chances of breaking your deathstreak before it activates are really high, and if you're having a really bad game, at least you have something to smile about.

My problem with DMH is that the person always gets it and ruins my streak. Plus I sit there and shoot them forever thinking they just dropped into final chance.

As frustrating as this game can be it also gives you the most satisfying moments in video games. I was playing Team Defender on village and the enemy team takes the flag and ties it up at 7350 then I get a pred missile and triple it up for the final kill cam to win the game 7550-7450. Fuck Yeah!

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I always have fun. I guess my standards are really low.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote:
    I always have fun. I guess my standards are really low.

That's what SHE SA-

Ok, never mind.

I wish the Assault Drone was a little lower than 10. Not because I think it SHOULD be, but because I want to get it more often. Feels awesome driving your killstreak right into peoples' faces. Now if only a player or two could follow you around in objective modes and take advantage...

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    Unlocked the thermal for the L86 last night and was only able to get one game in with it. Went 12-4 which isn't bad for me, I was trying mostly for longshots to test out the recoil. I don't know that there is no recoil, but there is definitely very very little. I think I'll keep it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a few Ospreys recently, they are a force to be reckoned with when nobody shoots them down, but what is up with the horrible points for sharing Care Packages? I got 35 points for sharing one... In BlOps you got 200 points each and that lead to a challenge too, if I remember correctly.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Greed is the name of the game.

• Options
    They don't want you half way back to another Osprey by sharing all the packages maybe?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    joshgotro wrote:
    They don't want you half way back to another Osprey by sharing all the packages maybe?

Well, they wouldnt work since packages dont count towards your streak, and ofcourse I'll protect my team while they take the Osprey packages, but I'm thinking more of why standard care packages was made worth so very little to share.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    It used to be 50 points per level of streak that the package represented - EMPs in MW2 were 750 points if you shared them.

Now it's fucking 5.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Is there a classic mode in MW3?

Disables all but RPGs form the launchers. Oh god I want that.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Hmm... I might have to rethink this "Every class is using an ACR variant in an effort to get it gold" idea I'm currently running with.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I want a killstreak thats basicly a Recon Drone outfitted with akimbo FMG9's, since that thing is harder to shoot down than a fucking Osprey.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I kind of wish predator missiles worked like they did in Spec Ops.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    I kind of wish I could run three predator missles as my killstreak loadout.

5 6 7
    pred pred pred

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried shooting down an Osprey with a Predator the other day, there is like 1-2 seconds left before it crashes into the Osprey... And they EMP my missile,
    it apparently cancels out predators in mid air, the timing was impeccable, and left me with quite a disbelieving look on my face.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Nocren wrote:
    Hmm... I might have to rethink this "Every class is using an ACR variant in an effort to get it gold" idea I'm currently running with.

I can only imagine you needing one class for this. Unless you're playing on playing teamtac. Then you need two. One with and one without silencer.

• Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    joshgotro wrote:
    Is there a classic mode in MW3?

Disables all but RPGs form the launchers. Oh god I want that.

Bare bones?

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sivraj wrote:
    Bare bones?
    Barebones has no PS.

I want 3 kills you get a UAV, 5 kills an airstrike, 7 kills a pavelow and the only launcher is RPG.

Barebones is okay when I want to act like I'm playing CS.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    I greatly enjoy blowing up helicopters with my predator missiles. I need my clip from last night where I got a helicopter and a person with a pred missile. I had forgotten about that happening until just now.

• Options
    I've had quite a few instances where I deployed my EMP at the same time a guy on the other team was calling in his pavelow/cobra

Big ol trollface grin

• Options
    I like acid because he saves his EMPs until the enemy calls in a Stealth.

And then I never worried about a Stealth again.

• Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    ok i love the daily and weekly challenges. i wish they were more inventive with the challenges like treyarch was with the contracts, but whatever. 1000 points for shooting down a heli? i'll get that in one game. 5000 for calling in 10 recon drones? i'll have that in like 4 games. easy points.

and not to reopen the host lag debate, but i played like 7 games just now. ragequit out of 2 for shitty hit detection/lag issues. both of them i was host. not saying that proves the theory, but thats definitely the way im leaning.

and since i couldnt come up with many christmas gift ideas for my mom, im pretty sure i'll be getting MW3 on xbox. woohoo i still get to cash in on the christmas noobs! in fact, even more so because i'll have a better chance of being paired up with them!

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    I can't wait to ruin you.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    joshgotro wrote:
    I can't wait to ruin you leave my Xbox on and at the MW3 main menu, and never play any games ever.

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote:
    joshgotro wrote:
    I can't wait to ruin you leave my Xbox on and at the MW3 main menu, and never play any games ever.

It's way too early in our relationship for you to know this about me.

• Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    Your mp profile is saved online, right?

• Options
    Fuga wrote:
    Your mp profile is saved online, right?

Yes.

• Options
    joshgotro wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    joshgotro wrote:

It's way too early in our relationship for you to know this about me.

www.angieslist.com

I know everything

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    "Glee" was pretty terrible for the first few episodes this season. I couldn't comment on the rest because they were bad enough that I stopped caring and stopped watching.

They need to remove motherfucking Second Chance/Last Stand/Final Stand whatever it's called now. That's a total "fuck you" to all players. "Oh, this guy died too many times in a row? FUCK YOU!" Grrr...

I don't know if I should unlock the SCAR, the ACR or the G36 when I prestige. Or, do I just unlock the Type 95 for speedy leveling? Scavenger is another option... I have two tokens, will have 3 when I prestige. Not sure what to do. TOO MANY GOOD OPTIONS.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Fawst wrote:
    "Glee" was pretty terrible for the first few episodes this season. I couldn't comment on the rest because they were bad enough that I stopped caring and stopped watching.

They need to remove motherfucking Second Chance/Last Stand/Final Stand whatever it's called now. That's a total "fuck you" to all players. "Oh, this guy died too many times in a row? FUCK YOU!" Grrr...

I don't know if I should unlock the SCAR, the ACR or the G36 when I prestige. Or, do I just unlock the Type 95 for speedy leveling? Scavenger is another option... I have two tokens, will have 3 when I prestige. Not sure what to do. TOO MANY GOOD OPTIONS.

Why spend the token on the SCAR? You earn that gun at level 6.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Yeah. You either unlock the FAD or the MP7. RSASS maybe. Stryker yes.

Anything else is a waste.

• Options
    I'm definitely getting the FAD with my next token. That gun is cool, but I don't get enough time with it.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I got the MK14 with one.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)