As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoD] Shotgun Nerf Inbound. Somehow, this isn't a joke.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote:
    Don't put intel in time sensitive missions IW.

Which one's giving you trouble? The final mission?

Also, what advantage does holographic have over Red Dot? Because I'm not seeing any advantages, and the Holographic sticks up really far, its kind of distracting.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    That's exactly why I don't use the holo, Skull. It takes up too much room on the screen. I either stick to the standard red-dot or just go iron-sights.

• Options
    Ah, ok. So there's no added benefit, just a big ol hunk of plastic to plop ontop of your gun.

Silly thing.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    joshgotro wrote:
    Don't put intel in time sensitive missions IW.

Which one's giving you trouble? The final mission?

Also, what advantage does holographic have over Red Dot? Because I'm not seeing any advantages, and the Holographic sticks up really far, its kind of distracting.

For whatever fucking reason they gave the holo like a 1.5 zoom which is really annoying. Unless your using a 3x FTS or 5 or 8 on a FTS mount there should be no zoom from a EO or Aimpoint.

Speaking of that where the fuck is my Aimpoint IW? You can go ahead and brand the Holo with the EOtech name but you can't use an Aimpoint model or even a Trijicon?

Fucking SRS would have been the perfect RDS for MW3 and they could have collected a nice bit of cash for using it in game and hyping it up for Trijicon...Its not like they didn't use the RMR for MW2 so I don't think it would have been all that hard to get ahold of a beta-SRS for modeling.

EDIT:
    Aimpoint, Trijicon, EOtech

100611odtrijiconsrs19.jpg

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    ugh, I can handle glee talk, but real gun talk gives me the wiggles.

j/k.

• Options
    edited December 2011

j/k.

Wiggles.jpg

iRevert on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    So I just played a couple of rounds of team defender with Magell. The final killcam of the last game was 4 pubbies running directly at an assault drone. There was not enough facedeskheadpalmWTF.

I died in that killcam as well, but I learned something important EMP grenades are not as effective against a robot as I had anticipated. Granted I could have missed the threat of being machine gunned might have hurt my aim. This feels like a thing I need to test sometime. Especially considering the fact that I put EMP grenades on a class for that specific result.

• Options
    Magell wrote:
    So I just played a couple of rounds of team defender with Magell. The final killcam of the last game was 4 pubbies running directly at an assault drone. There was not enough facedeskheadpalmWTF.

I died in that killcam as well, but I learned something important EMP grenades are not as effective against a robot as I had anticipated. Granted I could have missed the threat of being machine gunned might have hurt my aim. This feels like a thing I need to test sometime. Especially considering the fact that I put EMP grenades on a class for that specific result.

EMP nades only damage Wall-e they don't instakill it. Stupid as hell as I think it should at the very least lock it up for 5 seconds or so.

• Options
    iRevert wrote:

j/k.

Wiggles.jpg

Those look like four dudes that I would never ever want to leave any child alone with... ever.

Also, know what's awesome? Banking an EMP nade off a wall and back in your face. I'm so horrible sometimes...

• Options
    I don't use EMP grenades because I've never not hit myself with one... and that sucks balls.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Jurgen_ wrote:
    Damn, I actually thought they were gonna nerf the shotguns untill I read this: ''In this case it’s not lowering the damage output of the shotguns directly, but adjusting the amount of pellets a shotgun fires when it’s equipped with Extended Magazines. You may or may not know, but some weapons receive extra bonuses when they’re equipped with a certain combination of attachments / perks.''

I mean I thought they were gonna nerf the damage or range, but somehow this doesn't seem right either.

aka

"We are taking away the only thing that makes shotguns somewhat competitive"

• Options
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Fuck Yo Shotguns, Bitch: The Movie: The Game

• Options
    Oh I forgot. Mercy, it looks like you have parkinsons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKEn6yjJITg

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    It is just comical how terrible the decisions TreyFinityHammer are.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    It makes perfect sense if you consider them to be angry children.

So basically, like the twelve year olds that were trying to quickscope on the demo consoles at the midnight launch I went to.

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Good grief. Maybe I should go back to Black Ops too.

• Options
    I have never been upset at being killed by a striker, even if they had ext mags. This is just stupid, and I don't even use shotguns.

Terrible.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I need a bro for the last three survival maps.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If anyone cares a dude I know has a Hauppauge (1212) HD PVR for sale for $125 shipped CONUS, chances are I could talk him down to like a single bill for ya.

Also MW3 to-fucking-night.

He's using a KBAM and spilled his R&C and he's frantically trying to wipe it up with the mouse. Either that or he's Stevie Wonder'ing the fuck out of the game

iRevert on
  • Options
    Just went to Wave 14 on Arkaden. So fucking close. With two people the insane difficulty maps should be a cake.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    iRevert wrote:
    EMP nades only damage Wall-e they don't instakill it.

Wait, we're calling them Wall-E? I thought we were calling them Johnny Five.

There's so many more phrases to yell out when calling it Johnny Five.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKsPBMILeik

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    257 kills and 14 deaths, lol. That beats my personal best by like ... almost a hundred kills.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    You the man now, dawg.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Haters gonna hate.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:
    Haters gonna hate.

I don't know man, 14 deaths is a lot. :P

• Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote:
    If anyone cares a dude I know has a Hauppauge (1212) HD PVR for sale for $125 shipped CONUS, chances are I could talk him down to like a single bill for ya.

He's using a KBAM and spilled his R&C and he's frantically trying to wipe it up with the mouse. Either that or he's Stevie Wonder'ing the fuck out of the game

Yeah, I watched that replay too. It must be some sort of lag thing. It just turns 30 degrees in a random direction for no reason.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    Jurgen_Jurgen_ FinlandRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote:
    Jurgen_ wrote:
    Damn, I actually thought they were gonna nerf the shotguns untill I read this: ''In this case it’s not lowering the damage output of the shotguns directly, but adjusting the amount of pellets a shotgun fires when it’s equipped with Extended Magazines. You may or may not know, but some weapons receive extra bonuses when they’re equipped with a certain combination of attachments / perks.''

I mean I thought they were gonna nerf the damage or range, but somehow this doesn't seem right either.

aka

Well, Striker is pretty decent. In a sense that you can actually kill with it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    Also, that gameplay is entirely unimpressive. I bet if, when I saw dudes on the radar rushing my position, I set up instead of rushing to meet them, I'd die less. But where's the fun in that? I still love those two triples in the first 30 seconds of the game though. That's good times.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I will say that it was impressive that you looked to have been playing Ground War and your connection didn't completely fuck you over. Whenever I get on Ground War...hitmarkers everywhere.

• Options
    Yeah, I watched that replay too. It must be some sort of lag thing. It just turns 30 degrees in a random direction for no reason.

You just need a better quality aim bot!

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Pretty much every replay does that for some reason.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    iRevert wrote:

It's just something theater mode does. It's not like the previous CoD game had a theater mode that was way better.

• Options
    milk ducks wrote:
    257 kills and 14 deaths, lol. That beats my personal best by like ... almost a hundred kills.

Upload the video.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Jurgen_ wrote:
    Burtletoy wrote:
    Jurgen_ wrote:

aka

Well, Striker is pretty decent. In a sense that you can actually kill with it.

The striker is decent.

When it has extended mags!

• Options
    joshgotro wrote:
    milk ducks wrote:

Upload the video.

The game's longer than 15 minutes, unfortunately, so I can't upload it in full to YouTube. If you're familiar with my strategy from the 118-6 video, you're not missing out on much; it's pretty much the exact same thing, only better. By the way: the difference between 118 kills and 257? Gunship instead of Attack Dogs, pretty much.

• Options
    milk ducks wrote:
    joshgotro wrote:
    milk ducks wrote:

Upload the video.

The game's longer than 15 minutes, unfortunately, so I can't upload it in full to YouTube. If you're familiar with my strategy from the 118-6 video, you're not missing out on much; it's pretty much the exact same thing, only better. By the way: the difference between 118 kills and 257? Gunship instead of Attack Dogs, pretty much.

I think he just wants proof.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, right on. Give me a minute.

[edit] Meh, it'll have to wait until Thomas the Tank is over, lol.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    Magell wrote:
    I think he just wants proof.

It was 257, not 255. No idea why Theater Mode wouldn't count those other 2, lol.

375220_10150529076245864_627550863_10824135_1374378287_n.jpg

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Apparently Treyfinity... Whatever, forgot to do prestige in their scoring system overview, as of now, I apparently have gotten 126000 points per match, alrighty then. (It resets your matches, but not your points/kills, so the "Average" per match is going to be bonkers.)

Quickscoping is getting pretty obnoxious in my opinion, if shotguns has to be shit, maybe sniper rifles should have auto aim turned off and ofcourse Assault Rifles should have more recoil to balance it out, maybe lowered damage too? Same for SMG's.

EDIT: I never use Shotguns, so it's not supposed to be a "MAKE MY WEAPON BETTER" statement at all, I just think the current balancing is way off in some areas
    I've never been killed by any shotguns other than the Striker, yesterday a guy shot me point blank 3 times with a SPAS I think, and I just turned around and killed him, that is bullshit.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    Stop using shotties and use a SMG. Same close range flavor but with actual killing of mans. This is not directed at any one person. Just in general.