As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoD] Shotgun Nerf Inbound. Somehow, this isn't a joke.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote:
    I think the thing that's really going to matter to your streak idea Ducks is if the attack helicopter is any good in this game. I've had games in MW2 and Blops where I put up 3 attack helicopters in a game and get no kills. If that's the kind of work they're going to do throwing them up all the time isn't going to do much good. I might go with Pred/Air Strike/Strafe.

A fair assessment. And even if it were awesome, you'll always have to contend with the fact that it won't fire at anybody wearing Blind Eye. If that were the case, rather than replace Attack Helicopter with something higher tiered (like Strafe), I'd be more inclined to go with something lower, like UAV or Care Package (2 and 3 kills with Hardline, respectively). That would maintain the load-outs' consistency.

• Options
    NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    milk ducks wrote:
    And that might work for them, because they're much more consistent at being effective slayers. That's not really my thing, though. So I'll be working on constantly generating low-tier Assault chains. I'll also have Support Chains ready to go, however, in case we need them.
    Dude, seriously? I just watched a video where you went 28-2. I'd say that's consistent slaying.

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote:
    I'm still not sold on the assist part of hardline.

How many times do you really get assists that you couldn't have killed yourself.

In that Nuketown video I posted this past weekend, I had 8 Assists over the course of the match. Pretty certain that about 6 of them were in the same life. Even if it were only 2 Assists in a life, though, how many times have you said, "Damnit! I was one away from my Dogs." Hardline Pro's going to be great for that. Like I said, I got 8 Assists in one match before, and I wasn't even attempting to get Assists, the way I might be inclined to do with Hardline Pro.

Speaking of "trying to get Assists" by throwing Stuns and Flashes all over the place with Scavenger, keep in mind that Bowling's said they've completely revamped the way Scavenger will work in Modern Warfare 3. He's talked about it in relation to noob tubes in the past, but from the way he talked in the Livestream yesterday, it seems pretty clear that the changes will be across the board. To clarify, in the past, when asked about whether or not Scavenger will resupply noob tubes, Bowling said that it would, but only if the guy who dropped the bag had a grenade launcher equipped.

Yesterday, in the Livestream, someone on Twitter asked if Scavenger would replace frags. Again, Bowling said that it would, but only if the guy you killed was running frags, and only if he still had some when he died. He seemed to indicate that Scavenger would work that way with everything. So, yes, it probably will resupply Claymores, but only if the guy you killed had a Claymore on him; yes it'll probably resupply C4, but only if the guy you killed had C4 on him; yes, it'll resupply flashes, but only if the guy you killed had flashes on him; etc.

So the idea of running around and constantly chucking stuns and flashes probably isn't going to work as well as people think.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    NeuralFizz wrote:
    milk ducks wrote:
    And that might work for them, because they're much more consistent at being effective slayers. That's not really my thing, though. So I'll be working on constantly generating low-tier Assault chains. I'll also have Support Chains ready to go, however, in case we need them.
    Dude, seriously? I just watched a video where you went 28-2. I'd say that's consistent slaying.

Well, I post my good games, lol. I don't go 50-1, 30-0, 28-1, etc on every map. I've got a 2.31 K/D, and it's hanging pretty consistent at this point. I'm on the higher end amongst my group in terms of Win/Loss (mine's 10.6 or so, at the moment), but I'm among the lowest in terms of Kill to Death: most of the guys have around a 2.8 -- and then there's Swarvz, who has a 4.0+, which makes me fucking angry just to look at, lol.

That guy is a consistent slayer. :P

milk ducks on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I don't see why they didn't keep Scavenger the way it was. It was pretty much always a utility perk.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm just repeating what Robert Bowling said.

For all we know, it may not have changed at all, except in regard to frags and tubes.

[edit] Speaking of Robert Bowling confirming shit: he confirmed yesterday on the Livestream that Modern Warfare 3 will be using Treyarch's weapon mobility system, which kind of blew me away. For clarity, Infinity Ward always has your mobility based upon your primary weapon when you spawn, and Treyarch always adjusts mobility based upon whatever weapon you're currently holding (so switching to a pistol makes you run faster in most cases). I just thought that was interesting, I guess. I didn't expect that.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Musicool wrote:
    milk ducks wrote:
    So, you don't think everyone's going to play Assassin anyway? :P

Call me an optimist! Until proved wrong I've decided to trust the kiddies will use Quickdraw and the smarties will use Hardline Pro and Tac Jacket Pro.

Meanwhile Tuba gets proven wrong and goes out to drink away his embarrassment...

porcopreto.gif

EDIT:

Also GTA Hype....

iRevert on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:
    I'm just repeating what Robert Bowling said.

For all we know, it may not have changed at all, except in regard to frags and tubes.

[edit] Speaking of Robert Bowling confirming shit: he confirmed yesterday on the Livestream that Modern Warfare 3 will be using Treyarch's weapon mobility system, which kind of blew me away. For clarity, Infinity Ward always has your mobility based upon your primary weapon when you spawn, and Treyarch always adjusts mobility based upon whatever weapon you're currently holding (so switching to a pistol makes you run faster in most cases). I just thought that was interesting, I guess. I didn't expect that.

Good. The original way was stupid as hell. Just encourages me to spawn an smg and drop it for an AR the second possible.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I guess that will help my LMG class.

Getting to the action while lugging a LMG about was always a pain in MW2.

• Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    Isn't that how Counter-Strike used to do it?

Run around at the start of a match with a knife/pistol (for the speed increase), then switch to your main weapon?

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Yes. W@W tonight. Get to 60 starts in two hours.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I'll be getting MW3 just for some Hardcore TDM. I love BF3, but when I want to do some infantry Hardcore TDM, it is not the game you want to do that on. Also ..killstreaks.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Who was it in canada who couldn't get dub xp codes?

The second question is are you French Canadian.

Because if you answer these question correctly you may win the princely sum of one double xp code.

• Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    Sivraj wrote:

Run around at the start of a match with a knife/pistol (for the speed increase), then switch to your main weapon?

You run faster with your knife out.

It's science.

smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote:

Because if you answer these question correctly you may win the princely sum of one double xp code.

I'm pretty sure the correct answers are Acid (?) and fuck the Quebecois

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    I thought it was mFiend, and see above.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Apolloh wrote:
    Sivraj wrote:

You run faster with your knife out.

It's science.

Yes, you see you cut the wind resistance in half and then run through the gap.

Aerodynamic hyperspace!

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mFiendmFiend l33t quarkscooper America's HatRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    iRevert wrote:

It was I, and I'm not French Canadian.

Mostly I was just asking to see if this was a nationwide lack of participation or if my local shops just don't carry the MW3 crossover products.

Edit: a handout 2XP code would be superfantastic though. I'm not above grovelling.

mFiend on
    PS4: mFiend
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    I have a question. I went to call of duty signed and signed in to my old account to link my PSN account because I bought Elite off of PSN. I don't think it's linking my PSN account when I try it and I can;t get in to Elite to see if it took properly.

Anyone else had this problem?

• Options
    mFiend wrote:
    iRevert wrote:

It was I, and I'm not French Canadian.

Mostly I was just asking to see if this was a nationwide lack of participation or if my local shops just don't carry the MW3 crossover products.

Edit: a handout 2XP code would be superfantastic though. I'm not above grovelling.

Well I have a mighty 3 dub xp codes so I shall send one your way.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I just had a delightful experience with sniping fucks in MW1. I was playing hardcore headquarters and I was of course capping the objective and after a couple of successful caps my teammates started killing me because they didn't appreciate that. One guy told me he was going to kill me before he did it, but missed so I turned on my teammate and killed him first. That made him super angry and then he asked his buddy how many people he'd shot in real life and told him to find my IP address and I was even more delighted. Goddamnit I love sniper kids when they talk to me.

So close to being able to prestige in MW1. I'm under 100xp to 55 and then the last grind to prestiging and I will be happy and then play Gears or MW2. I haven't decided yet.

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I could give up some codes if I hadn't already applied them. I completed a set of "battle cards" and am up to a nice 7 1/2 hours. I'm thinking that should at least grind me through a prestige. I'm pretty sure the guys with 300+ hours on the leaderboard are just swiping codes off bags of chips.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    iRevert wrote:
    Well I have a mighty 3 dub xp codes so I shall send one your way.

Excellent. I did some reading and it seems the MW3 products aren't being shipped out of the continental US. I really figure that would've extended to USA's Hat by now.

• Options
    sPider817 wrote:
    I could give up some codes if I hadn't already applied them. I completed a set of "battle cards" and am up to a nice 7 1/2 hours. I'm thinking that should at least grind me through a prestige. I'm pretty sure the guys with 300+ hours on the leaderboard are just swiping codes off bags of chips.

If I can give up one of my three codes from a 12oz you can give away a code or two to those floppy headed Canadians that don't get the products...its not like your paying for them either.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Heh, I just came across this:

http://imgur.com/vqVRW

Image spoilered because it's too fucking big and it's just a photo of some Mountain Dew in a store drinks case minus the lids.
    vqVRW.jpg
    Went to grab a drink and get a code for a friend and saw this. People are stealing caps for the double xp codes.. This was two of many in the fridge without caps lol

mFiend on
  • Options
    mFiend wrote:
    Heh, I just came across this:

http://imgur.com/vqVRW

Image spoilered because it's too fucking big and it's just a photo of some Mountain Dew in a store drinks case minus the lids.
    vqVRW.jpg
    Went to grab a drink and get a code for a friend and saw this. People are stealing caps for the double xp codes.. This was two of many in the fridge without caps lol

Shit they're onto me.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Hey Tibbly, my AD700's crackle when I adjust the volume when audio is playing. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Dashui wrote:
    Hey Tibbly, my AD700's crackle when I adjust the volume. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Major adjustments or anytime you adjust?

Also with the mixamp or without?

I get a crackle with the mixamp and mine when I do major adjustments when somethings going down, but with my computer I get no crackle/white noise if I adjust them without the mixamp (as in the headphones plugged directly into the computer).

Also:

http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/219614-crackling-on-mixamp/

iRevert on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Tibbly: I have purchased 99% of the product that gave me codes. I did just get a text from a friend with one, though. Who wants it? I'll give the code to my favorite of the Canadans (if their country were called Canadia, I'd call them Canadians).

sPider817 on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yay I get the 8th and the 9th off, excellent timing.

• Options

*anger beams*
    I requested the day off over a month in advance. The schedule gets posted and I have to work Sunday through Thursday next week.

• Options
    sPider817 wrote:
    Tibbly: I have purchased 99% of the product that gave me codes. I did just get a text from a friend with one, though. Who wants it? I'll give the code to my favorite of the Canadans (if their country were called Canadia, I'd call them Canadians).

Ah I thought you were the one who raided a pallet of Doritos for codes or that might have been someone on a different forum with a similar name. All I know some dude had a pallet of Doritos come into the place he worked and he spent the night taking down all the codes from the bags.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    sPider817 wrote:

*anger beams*
    I requested the day off over a month in advance. The schedule gets posted and I have to work Sunday through Thursday next week.

I also don't do as much games stuff anymore so even when the stock arrives I probably won't have the torture of processing it all day.

Plus there are always people who ask if you've played it on the date it's been released, asdfllkjlj.

• Options
    iRevert wrote:
    sPider817 wrote:

Ah I thought you were the one who raided a pallet of Doritos for codes or that might have been someone on a different forum with a similar name. All I know some dude had a pallet of Doritos come into the place he worked and he spent the night taking down all the codes from the bags.
    I joked about doing it, but the time involved would cut into the little bit of social life I have and I don't want to get fired for CoD.

• Options
    Yeah, it would be pretty sad if people are actually doing that. Just buy some fucking chips, cheapskates!

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    I would like some codes. I'd nominate my brother SizeQueen, but he lives in French Canadia. Apparently it's cheaper to live on the French Canadia side of Ottawa than it is to live on the correct side of Ottawa. I imagine it's cheaper because Quebecois are always excluded from every kind of sweepstakes, prizes, and promotional events.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    I do like Doritos so if we do have this promo going I'll probably give away the code, not like I'm going to be prestiging or anything.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    oh also, anyone up for some cowadoody 4 tonight? I'm at level 54 so I'm dangerously close to presteeegin

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Don't worry about Queen, Acid. I'll make sure he gets some codes.

• Options
    Acid: check your XBL inbox. I'm pretty sure that's a 45 minute code.