Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

HEY, QUILTBAG, WE DON'T LIKE YOUR KIND 'ROUND HERE

1235»

• KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    no it does not, what a weird bug

since there is no other real place for it, I wanted to write about how the categories I posted for when I want to label a person used to just be (A) normal/gay/bi (B) normal/trans instead of the (A) Likes: boys/girls/both/neither/other (B) Is: cis/trans/other system I use now

and to a certain extent in my mind I still think of the hetero "Likes: boys/girls" and the "Is: cis" as normal with the rest being abnormal (for lack of a better term) but I no longer speak or write about it that way, due in large part to either observing or taking part in discussions in SE++

I also kinda have an issue with "Is: Other", because even though I have no difficulty with the concept of "sex is genetic and thus immutable while gender is identity and therefore subject to change" I have more of a problem with the idea of gender binary being a false construct because in my mind the gender binary is so closely linked with the sex binary

I guess a big part of that is the fact that I just do not hold a concept in my mind of a gender outside of male/female, there is just nothing in my reality that allows me to get a firm grip on the idea. But I accept the idea because it makes sense given the already accepted mutability of gender. Simply because I have no reference for a gender outside the binary does not preclude its existence nor does it give me the right to tell other people that they can't have it.

this has been a kwoaru post about my internal bigotries and thought processes

newsigtrimmed.jpg
1235»