As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East registration is live! - 3 Day, Friday and Saturday Passes Sold Out

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2011
    bushnrvn wrote:
    "An e-mail confirmation will be sent after your order is complete. Your e-mail confirmation provides support options and additional information about the show." ....anyone get that email yet? I got an email titled Your Email Confirmation but it doesn't provide any new information.

Looks like a misprint. I'm guessing that there's only one confirmation email, not two.

zerzhul on
  • MesoianMesoian Registered User regular
    Purchased! Spreading the word.

• SQLCowboySQLCowboy Registered User regular
    Purchased and spreading the word. I actually saw it on Google+ first.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    3-day badge secured, westin room reserved. pax is go.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • MTSonic11MTSonic11 Registered User regular
    I just purchased 2 badges for myself and my man! Between booking the Westin and buying the PAX badges today, it's almost real (even if it's 150+ days away still)!

Can't wait to see everyone again! :)

• stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    Awesome news. Tomorrow is payday, so I will purchase mine in the morning :D

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    PAX Train Ticket Purchased, Westin Room Reserved, and now a 3 Day Badge. Finally done! See you all there!

1tLJUH2O.png
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Wonderful news. I will be purchasing a pair of tickets as soon as I get paid next.

For those in the know about hotel situations (while I'm stuck at work) what is the pricing and availability at the Seaport Hotel?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
    Penumbra wrote:
    Wonderful news. I will be purchasing a pair of tickets as soon as I get paid next.

For those in the know about hotel situations (while I'm stuck at work) what is the pricing and availability at the Seaport Hotel?

Go to the hotel registration website, it will tell you when you do a search.

• CyantCyant Registered User regular
    Pax Pass - Check
    Anime Boston Pass - Check
    Hotel - Check (since July)

Ready to go! Now i have to wait... *sigh*

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Bought my 3 day pass like a boss!

Now I just have to endure the next 6 month....

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • BostonPokeBostonPoke Registered User regular
    I'm in! 2x 3-day passes! (And a room at the Westin for Saturday night!!)

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    Got me a 3 day badger!

• WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    I have been visiting the site every single day since September! Boyfriend and I will be there for all 3 days! <3

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Badge bought, fuck yes

• GoodFriendAliGoodFriendAli A Lady Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Are they not doing group discounts this year? I don't see anything on the registration page or the FAQ page about it...

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    There are no group discounts anymore. Sorry.

E6LkoFK.png

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    What a good way to finish off a few miserable weeks of midterms. 2 Passes bought

AN9buWz.png
  • KatyaKatya Registered User regular
    FYI: apparently the registration system does not like it if you live in Washington, DC. I tried to register with two different credit cards like 20 times before i realized thats what was messing up the system. You have to switch to "Other" for your State/Country and then fill it in yourself. Annnoooying.

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Plane Tickets: Bought, Hotel: Booked, 3 Day Pass: Bought, Achievement Unlocked: PAX Booked
    If anyone has a time machine I would be really happy if you let me use it to go to April 5.

• RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    As of 3:40pm EST today, I have acquired a new item: 3 day pass.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Stoked that I happened to be checking in on the forums today! 2 3-day passes acquired!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION FAILED
    Invalid account number. Please check the card number entered.

Denied interactive ticketing hates my shazam debit mastercard

I'm an idiot, i got the date wrong, under bad lighting the 5 looked like a 3 FUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

rileyper on
    Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
  • smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Do you get any sort of discount for buying your pass way ahead of time? It doesn't seem like it ($65) I guess I'm just used to other cons where the earlier you buy the cheaper your pass is

• RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    It's only cheaper to buy a 3 day pass as opposed to 3 single day passes. No discounts otherwise

Rayze on
  • rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    3 day pass $65 (limited supply) <<<<BEST VALUE and its a discount
    3 day individual day passes $105 ($35e)
    after april 4th $120($40 each)

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
    smorggie wrote:
    Do you get any sort of discount for buying your pass way ahead of time? It doesn't seem like it ($65) I guess I'm just used to other cons where the earlier you buy the cheaper your pass is

A long while ago there was a discount for purchasing online pre-con as opposed to at the door. This no longer matters because the con always sells out via online purchases and has zero "at the door" badges available.

• GausGaus Registered User regular
    smorggie wrote:

It does seem more expensive this year, doesn't it.

Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun
    edited November 2011
    Gaus wrote:
    smorggie wrote:

It does seem more expensive this year, doesn't it.

For 3 day badges East 2011 was $55, Prime 2011 was $60, East 2012 is $65.

Blizzcon for 2 days was $175. It's all relative (and value is 100% subjective)... but I think PAX is still a pretty good deal ;)

zerzhul on
  • KailKail Keeper of Awesomeness WMASSRegistered User regular
    3 day badge bought! First time going. Super Excited!!!

PAXEast 2013 Status - [] 3-day badge [] Hotel [] Challenge Coin
    VP of 5x5Servers.com
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Also note that where price is concerned, some amount of that is going toward new anti-counterfeiting measures, which will cut down on the excessive crowding that some experienced at Prime due to the surge of fakes; many would argue that's money well spent!

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    My signature is now complete.

That is worth a cheevo as well.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I've already booked my hotel but frankly I wasn't ready for this to hit - hopefully in a few weeks I'll have the $$ to pick up my tickets. They generally last until the end of the year don't they?

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    I've already booked my hotel but frankly I wasn't ready for this to hit - hopefully in a few weeks I'll have the $$ to pick up my tickets. They generally last until the end of the year don't they?

It's going to be a sell out for sure, but I don't recall when they start running short. There's also the fact that the event seems to get more popular with each year, so you have to be careful about holding out.

They do tend to give a warning on the PAX site before they run out.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Time off confirmed, Westin hotel booked, one three day pass purchased. My life is complete!!!! Now I just need to get these next 150 days out of the way.

• xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Katya wrote:
    FYI: apparently the registration system does not like it if you live in Washington, DC. I tried to register with two different credit cards like 20 times before i realized thats what was messing up the system. You have to switch to "Other" for your State/Country and then fill it in yourself. Annnoooying.

This was the exact same problem I had. I thought there was something wrong with my card the first 10 times

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    Badges, room at the Westin and time off all secured. Just need a flight now. Are we there yet?

Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    @cwgabriel
    a couple people have asked. Yes we have increased the size of PAX East this year. I think by about 20%

Frugus wrote:

It's going to be a sell out for sure, but I don't recall when they start running short. There's also the fact that the event seems to get more popular with each year, so you have to be careful about holding out.

They do tend to give a warning on the PAX site before they run out.

Last year, badges lasted until February. I suppose due to them making it larger that could still happen, but PAX Prime 3 day badges sold out in 22 days. I am guessing somewhere between those two times is where we will lie ;)

The key is, if you don't *have* to wait, don't wait.

• LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    Thanks for the update. Passes purchased. =) I have a feeling the convention is going to sell out rapidly this year.

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut