As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fortytwo is getting married [weddings n' such]

FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Social Entropy++
So yeah, four months from now I will be married. I am super excited and we are in the thick of final planning. Still need to lock down the photographer, I need to buy my suit and we need to send out invitations by the end of the month.

What are your stories of marriage and weddings? Advice for the teacher and his betrothed as we spend ourselves into the poorhouse for a single day's party?

I honestly can't wait for my wedding, I am just a big man-girl about it.

FortyTwo on

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Congrats, buddy! I'm getting married next August. Pretty excited about it!

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Congratz, broski.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Congrats, buddy! I'm getting married next August. Pretty excited about it!

Thanks guys!

Krunk - What do you think your ceremony will be like?

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Congratssss!

I'm getting married in July, trying to keep everything to a minimum cost-wise except the food. Even doing that there's a lot of shit to think about, can't imagine trying to stay on top of the whole kaboodle.

• Options
    KalTorak wrote:
    Congratssss!

I'm getting married in July, trying to keep everything to a minimum cost-wise except the food. Even doing that there's a lot of shit to think about, can't imagine trying to stay on top of the whole kaboodle.

Honestly I am amazed how this adds up. Catering for 85-95 people will come in at around three grand. That doesn't include tax or tip. The place we got at a steal for $1800. My fiance spent $400 on her dress, my Mom will be buying my suit. The photographer will probably run another $1200.

Seriously dude, keeping it cheap is still super expensive, but we are making it happen. I love her, and we are gonna make the day great.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I cannot imagine Artie marrying anyone. He's far too busy pushing the earth down away from him.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Congratulations FortyTwo! What sort of setup is the ceremony/reception going to be? Has you fiancée got her dress sorted yet? ARE YOU FREAKING OUT YET? :D

I'm getting married in about 3 weeks and I don't think it has quite hit me properly yet, hah.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Congrats FortyTwo!

I just have the one wedding story. A friend of mine's sister got married in Scotland, and one of the groom's friends decided he would go all out and wear a kilt. He bought a proper kilt that fit well, but had always tried it on over his trousers. On the morning of the wedding he realised he had the whitest legs in the world, which looked truly awful under the tartan. Since he was *far* to much of a man to arse about with fake tan, the brainiac got some Oxo stock cubes and rubbed them on his legs to brown them up a bit.

To cut a long story short, the reception was held outdoors and he spent almost all of it trying to get away from two dogs that would not stop licking his legs. The bride is still super pissy about it and has never let us upload the wedding video on YouTube.

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    grats!

You'll be the most married man.... IN THE UNIVERSE!

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Man, when did you guys all start getting married all of a sudden?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Congratulations!

I was a guest at a Bavarian wedding a few years ago. I've never seen so many grown men drink themselves senseless.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Way to go FortyTwo!

I should be working a wedding come this December, pretty excited to gain some extra cash that way.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Veldrin wrote:
    Congratulations FortyTwo! What sort of setup is the ceremony/reception going to be? Has you fiancée got her dress sorted yet? ARE YOU FREAKING OUT YET? :D

I'm getting married in about 3 weeks and I don't think it has quite hit me properly yet, hah.

That's great dude!

Yes she has a dress, our reception is cocktail style because we are trying to keep things small and intimate with our friends and family. We found a nice gothic ex-church in the city. Amazing place.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    This past year I have attended four weddings.

Every single once has been awesome but none were crazier than my older brother's wedding.

• Options
    Tell us about your older brother's crazy wedding, Zonugal, you tease.

• Options
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    If only I had a wife...

dbrock270 on
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Awwwwww how exciting. I'm not overly girly, but weddings still make me happy. It's a giant awesome party.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    congratulations, everyone in this thread who is getting married! hope all of the planning goes smoothly!

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    300754_10150916464260525_868990524_21704164_1228009967_n.jpg

easysig2.jpg
  • Options

My sister-in-law had twenty people show up, my side of the family at forty. We had five begs of beer made custom made for us and purchased 120 bottles of wine. By the end of the evening the kegs had been obliterated and we'd consumed 80 bottles of wine.

I got so drunk I ended up grinding with my crazy aunt on the dance floor while the rest of the wedding cheered us on.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    My wedding consisted of signing a piece of paper.
    it was epic

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote:

My sister-in-law had twenty people show up, my side of the family at forty. We had five begs of beer made custom made for us and purchased 120 bottles of wine. By the end of the evening the kegs had been obliterated and we'd consumed 80 bottles of wine.

I got so drunk I ended up grinding with my crazy aunt on the dance floor while the rest of the wedding cheered us on.

Drunk dancefloor incest! awesome!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    My wedding was small and inexpensive.

It was pretty nice.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I have 4 weddings to attend next year. None of them are mine.

cough

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    also congrats 42 and Krunk! :D

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    FortyTwo wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

First thing that comes to mind.

[edit] Fixed.

Platy on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    My wedding plan is signing the license + fancy-as-hell dinner for ~50 people.

Also, no gifts. My fiancé and I each picked a charity, and on the invitation we're asking people to donate to one of them in lieu of buying us something. There's at least one website set up to do it like a wedding registry.

I probably don't have to say which charity I picked.

• Options
    Oh yeah, and congrats!

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    after attending like 10 cousin weddings in the period of 2 years

ive avoided all of them for the past six. B)

• Options
    I also got laid off right after I got married. Startin' it out right.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote:
    I also got laid off right after I got married. Startin' it out right.

Maybe next time you'll learn to respect an employer's prima nocta rights!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I forgot to bring the rings to my wedding. You guys that haven't gotten married yet, don't do that.

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    I liked my Wedding
    It was pretty small (about fifty people)
    Nice location, good food
    I got to pick the dance music and there was champagne and Bellini's for all

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Remember to introduce your wedding party to each other.

Sier and I forgot to do that.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    My wedding was very small and private.

We kept it low key, even though I wanted to have a big celebration.

My preacher told me that most people would frown on me marrying a child.

Who is dead.

And also fictional.

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Did you marry one of the twins from The Shining?

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    FortyTwo wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

The groomsmen bought a couple fifths of different alcohol and stored them in the men's bathroom. As the wedding went on we'd all go to the bathroom to take shots. Eventually it just became me bringing my aunts & cousins in there for shots. We'd exit the bathroom reeking of tequila.

I am the worst.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    KalTorak wrote:
    My wedding plan is signing the license + fancy-as-hell dinner for ~50 people.

Also, no gifts. My fiancé and I each picked a charity, and on the invitation we're asking people to donate to one of them in lieu of buying us something. There's at least one website set up to do it like a wedding registry.

I probably don't have to say which charity I picked.

Yes, this. I feel like the vow exchange or whatever should be a much more private thing than it is. Also: spending mind-blowing money on the part of the ceremony that lasts maybe 15 minutes is silly. Throw all that money at the fun party party section of the event!!

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    FortyTwo wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

The groomsmen bought a couple fifths of different alcohol and stored them in the men's bathroom. As the wedding went on we'd all go to the bathroom to take shots. Eventually it just became me bringing my aunts & cousins in there for shots. We'd exit the bathroom reeking of tequila.

I am the worst.

This makes me glad that no one in my family drinks.

EyQGd.jpg