As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Metal Gear] Ground Zeroes footage in the OP. Fox Engine. Holy moly.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That's super hard to pull off! You shot the exclamation point above his head. If you hit that, white bubbles appear instead, and they're out of action for about 30 seconds.

Oh brilliant
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    That's super hard to pull off! You shot the exclamation point above his head. If you hit that, white bubbles appear instead, and they're out of action for about 30 seconds.

Oh, shit. I don't remember if I've ever done it before, but I knew that. I'm dumb.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The only problem with MGS3's trophies/achievements is that if you're going to try and get them all in one playthrough... It can be done, and they're all easy enough on their own, but you have such a metric fuckton on your plate that if you're not keeping a diligent checklist, you're likely going to forget something, or slip up somewhere, and the chances of you being able to fix it are almost nil.

I almost did it, but I forgot the water facepaint too. Screw them putting it on the other side of that long river where no sane person would backtrack to.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    The only problem with MGS3's trophies/achievements is that if you're going to try and get them all in one playthrough... It can be done, and they're all easy enough on their own, but you have such a metric fuckton on your plate that if you're not keeping a diligent checklist, you're likely going to forget something, or slip up somewhere, and the chances of you being able to fix it are almost nil.

I almost did it, but I forgot the water facepaint too. Screw them putting it on the other side of that long river where no sane person would backtrack to.

Same but instead of the facepaint, I missed ONE kerotan frog. Luckily I didn't have to finish the entire game again, the trophy popped up as soon as I shot it.

MGS2's trophies on the other hand are bullshit. Fucking dog tags and VR Missions. I'm pretty sure I spent more time earning its trophies than I did FFXIII-2...

Peace Walker was the best of the three. I guess the co-op one would've pissed me off but I played through almost the entire game with a partner anyway, so I never had a problem.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Another codeword has been discovered for metalgearsolid.com/rising using clues from this photo:

576816_10150714590965986_285152375985_9844785_746070063_n.jpg

The codeword is
    Mastiff.
    It unlocks this piece of concept art:
    mastiff_blueprint_1e334f65cd3f4d5201947fea82ce3fde.jpg

And another video has been posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hU6hQsA_M

Igort on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Not too much extra, but rather disturbing to see Jack's 'image training' from his child soldier days.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    not exactly MGS but, kojima and konami confirmed yesterday they have started work on a new ZoE game

• LaliluleloLalilulelo Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    http://youtu.be/2ONT6-8B94Y

*THROWS MONEY AT COMPUTER SCREEN*
    IS SAD IT DIDN'T WORK.

Lalilulelo on
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Lalilulelo wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/2ONT6-8B94Y

*THROWS MONEY AT COMPUTER SCREEN*
    IS SAD IT DIDN'T WORK.
    Went from skeptical to must buy. My GOD THIS LOOKS SO GOOD.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    :shock:

:shock:

:D

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    stealth is back(partially at least)

slicing the environment and fucking enemies up with it is back

WATERMELONS are back

MULTIPLE WEAPONS(of course there's multiple weapons it's a platinum game)

EARLY 2013?!

THEY MADE IT RIGHT, YOU GUYS

edited June 2012
    here's the konami pre-e3 show with more info(15:25 if it doesn't put you there by itself)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brqasHJCuoM&t=15m18s

playable build on the show floor, demo packed in with the zoe collection, same demo gets put up on the ps store and the xbox marketplace this winter.

VALVEjunkie on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I'm just a little leery on the plot. The voiceover gives the impression that this is set after Sons of the Patriots. So...
    Why is Raiden back in full ninja mode, and why is the world still torn to shit. I mean, I guess the world wouldn't become instantly rainbows and kittens at the end. But Raiden backsliding back into full ninja cybernetics is weird.

Oh well. Still time to see how things play out. I never was big on hack'n'slash games, but this does look balls to the wall awesome.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Little iffy on the trailer at first (what was with that cheesy song?), but it had me hooked by the end.

And I am loving the whole #MakeItRight thing.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I liked the part with the sword.

Igort wrote: »
    Little iffy on the trailer at first (what was with that cheesy song?), but it had me hooked by the end.

lisen to the lyrics man, it's like the perfect summary of Jacks life

and come on, who doesn't like depeche mode?

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Holy shit!

DO WANT

I knew Platinum could get this thing back on track, can't wait!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.

There is something about "Make It Right" that's really stuck with me for some reason. I love that too.

The way he slams his sword into that Gekko... so awesome.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    I liked the part with the sword.

Yeah. That was the best part.

Overall, good trailer, didn't like the narrator but everything else was cool.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    wasn't the narrator solidus?

Colonel Campbell, I thought.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Neither Solidus or Colonel Campbell. Don't know who he is, but he's neither of those.

• MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Lots of pretty moves there.

Doesn't mean the game will be necessarily good or something I'll want to play ever, but they're nice eye candy.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Pretty sure the game will be good from what I've seen.

Dragkonias wrote: »

Some people just aren't into hack 'n' slash games. Which is fair enough. I've only liked a small amount of the one's I've played.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    Lots of pretty moves there.

Doesn't mean the game will be necessarily good or something I'll want to play ever, but they're nice eye candy.

It's a Platinum Games third person brawler.

It's probably good by default.

Am I the only one getting an Arkham City vibe from the gameplay? Because for a game like this, Arkham City is a good source to crib from for the stealth sections.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    Probably more Arkham Asylum than City. I don't see it being an open world thing.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Lalilulelo wrote: »
    Yes. This is extremely acceptable.

• LaliluleloLalilulelo Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    Well, At the end of MGS4, Raiden had a human looking body, but he was still 80% cyborg. Once SOP collapsed and the Patriots themselves, there was probably a power vacuum. And Raiden/Jack has very specific skillset and he needed a job. :P

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    the way I just read that post implied that Sunny went on vacation to france and was kidnapped while on the phone with jack.

• MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular

Some people just aren't into hack 'n' slash games. Which is fair enough. I've only liked a small amount of the one's I've played.

Or they just liked the earlier MGS games with Snake as protagonist more. But to those who end up enjoying Revengence; more power to you.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
    MrVyngaard wrote: »

Or they just liked the earlier MGS games with Snake as protagonist more. But to those who end up enjoying Revengence; more power to you.

You mean MGS1? And...4?

• PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    <- My face watching the trailer

I want this SO HARD YOU GUYS.

IcdplGM.png
    Yes this looks fantastic.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    This game is like a dream come true for me. I think about devs I'd like to see make games from different franchises. Like, I'd love to see BioWare make a Red Dead RPG. So Platinum taking a crack at a Metal Gear game is a wet dream made reality :D

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    7315343530_13d76d5993_z.jpg

Yeah, that's basically the game I was expecting to see based on the original tech demo they showed off years ago. Today has been one metric fuck-ton of a great day, what with this, Dishonored and Lords of Shadow 2 trailers...

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    FUUUUU-

Did you guys see that helicopter kill?

This is like... the best thing for Raiden ever.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    what the fuck did i just watch.