Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Benign Keylogger for Mac

saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
First of all, this is for totally benign research purposes. I'm not trying to mine passwords or spy on anyone.

I'm looking for a free and unobtrusive keylogger (and mouse-click or tablet-click in my specific case-logger if possible) for Mac OS X. I work as a photo retoucher and partly for the purposes of enhancing efficiency through data analysation and partly for shits and giggles of seeing how many damn times I hit the same keyboard shortcuts each day I want to record my input activity over the course of a week or so.

The program needs to be as unobtrusive as possible because the scripting we use on these machines is very sensitive to any changes we make. It also needs to be completely benign and absent of any more overly-nefarious looking features (apart from the obvious keylogging) if I stand any chance of getting approval from my superiors to use the program.

Any advice? Or am I better off not risking using something like this at my place of employment?

XBL: heavenkils

This discussion has been closed.