As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The all new, terribly distressing dream thread!

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    yeah, I have touch

can't remember any taste, though

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I usually experience pain and vivid color s

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    Huh, interesting

For all the seemingly perilous dreams that I've had, I've never actually gotten to a point where I was severely harmed or killed.

I've come close, but I always wake up.

Never thought about it before.

• Options
    SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    I started being able to taste in my dreams about two months ago.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I've been afraid in dreams before, and I think I got shot once.

But the majority of them are just me wandering around in strange places. Like in one, I was in some strange version of Georgetown and it was all very noir-ish and I was chasing someone through some large building.

I've had some bad ones the past few days, but I can't remember what they were now.

• Options
    Matey wrote:
    Huh, interesting

For all the seemingly perilous dreams that I've had, I've never actually gotten to a point where I was severely harmed or killed.

yeah me either!

• Options
    Matey wrote:
    Huh, interesting

I was shot in the back in a dream. It was disturbingly painful and when I woke up my back hurt.

I called off work that day.

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Ive always been able to taste and smell and feel and see in color in my dreams for as long as I can remember. I also more often than not have a tail in my dreams.

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    I was wondering because my nightmares (although much less common than they used to be) are getting really fucking terrifying in that there are times when they feel so real I cannot tell if I'm asleep or awake.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    The only thing I can ever remember tasting in a dream is sweet tea

• Options
    Chimera wrote:
    Ive always been able to taste and smell and feel and see in color in my dreams for as long as I can remember. I also more often than not have a tail in my dreams.

stay the fuck out of my brain

all rubbing your tail on my dreamstuff and smelling it

• Options
    I was wondering because my nightmares (although much less common than they used to be) are getting really fucking terrifying in that there are times when they feel so real I cannot tell if I'm asleep or awake.

I've been having this problem a lot lately, too. While not necessarily terrifying in all cases, there will be days where I spend a few hours wondering if certain things actually happened recently or if I just dreamed them. It can get confusing when it comes to the events that seem realistic.

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    Chimera wrote:

I'me going to curl my tail around that brian of yours and taste the smelly fear that gets squeezed out!

• Options

I have this happen every once in awhile

I usually keep a knife close by in case it ever turns out I'm not dreaming

Like I'll dream there's a home invasion going on while I'm sleeping

Something like that

• Options
    Matey wrote:

That wasn't a dream. That was last tuesday after you got drunk and called HIM up. don't you remember? It was after you got us thrown out of the strip club.

• Options

This happens to me. Not just nightmares but usually that's where most sensation occurs. Its less common if I don't lucid dream for a while.

• Options
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:

That wasn't a dream. That was last tuesday after you got drunk and called HIM up. don't you remember? It was after you got us thrown out of the strip club.

This sounds like a good story.

• Options
    godmode wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:

Every good strip club story I got begins and ends with sweet tea

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular

This happens to me. Not just nightmares but usually that's where most sensation occurs. Its less common if I don't lucid dream for a while.

Huh, that's interesting! I haven't been able to stop dreaming lucidly for a few years now, and noticing some interesting side-effects with nightmares, like personifications that seem sentient and independent as a reaction to a mind that is otherwise unimpressed by the normal fare. That went on for a damn good while, it's just recently I'm starting to get these very realistic ones. It's horrible because it feels like at any moment something terrible could happen.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Chimera wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    Chimera wrote:

I'me going to curl my tail around that brian of yours and taste the smelly fear that gets squeezed out!

oh god there's really only one thing for me to do here

call the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiVscqYrtfM

• Options
    Matey wrote:
    godmode wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:

How's his mother doing these days?

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Skull Man wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    Chimera wrote:

oh god there's really only one thing for me to do here

call the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiVscqYrtfM

Oh no, I don't think you understand.... I AM THE DREAM POLICE! >:3

Chimera on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    I had a dream last night there were zombies. And I was walking from my house-ish down the road with a handful of survivors, and ran into Bret Hart and Dwayne Johnson
    Best zombie apocalypse ever

• Options
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    godmode wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:

Still boorish

But what's to be expected from someone who birthed a guy like that

• Options
    Matey wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    godmode wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:

Still boorish

She wasn't to boorish for you after all those beers.... but then again neither was he.

• Options
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    godmode wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:

Still boorish

She wasn't to boorish for you after all those beers.... but then again neither was he.

Beer can do strange things to a man

Strange, wonderful things that I'll never forget

• Options
    get out of my dreams

get into the backseat of my car

• Options
    Where are we going, skull man?

Is it someplace fun?

• Options
    Matey wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    godmode wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Matey wrote:

Still boorish

Beer can do strange things to a man

Strange, wonderful things that I'll never forget

Don't worry, in case you ever do I took the liberty of uploading the video I shot of it to youtube for you.
    Skull Man wrote:
    get out of my dreams

get into the backseat of my car

Oh.... is it nice? Are they leather bucket seats with candy or something? :D

• Options
    That sounds extra super sticky, especially in the heat.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    As a little little kid, while I was sleeping between my parents, I dreamed that I had fallen through into this magical kingdom populated by sentient cartoon sports balls. Baseballs, footballs, soccer balls, golf balls, handballs, etc. I don't recall the specifics of it, but I remember feeling like I'd been there a while. And by a while, I mean I seemingly stayed long enough to defeat an evil human wizard that was trying to take over the kingdom.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    godmode wrote:
    That sounds extra super sticky, especially in the heat.

Just the way momma likes it!..... I on the other hand am not fond of sticky car interiors.

• Options
    TrippyJing wrote:
    As a little little kid, while I was sleeping between my parents, I dreamed about balls.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    man chimera is just all about some freaky-deaky dream shit huh

edit: welp

Skull Man on
  • Options
    Skull Man wrote:

You don't even know the half of it.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Then there's that dream where I and a girl were chased by this big dark something and we fell into a tunnel. We slid through it until it spit us out into a large cave, where we landed on top of a giant mushroom. At this point, I proceed to eat her out.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I cannot remember any of the dreams I've had for a long stretch, but I remember that I had dreams. Sometimes I tell Sarah about them so I don't forget them. Occasionally I fumble for my iPhone and jot them down in a notepad file as ideas for D&D campaigns.

I used to have constant recurring dreams of being in school naked, only it was me as a child in my elementary school classrooms and not only was I stark-ass naked but sporting some exceptionally-rigid wood. I instantly realize I'm exposed in a compromising way and do my best to act natural about it, real nonchalant about my dousing rod bobbing ahead of me and leading the way. I've had the same basic premise occur at work where I am my current age as well, now that I think about it.

At any rate, I get a few dirty glares but otherwise people seem to just ignore me and go about their day and then I feel really anxious and embarrassed and try to figure out an escape plan or at least some way to cover up my private bits. I usually have to rely on something that isn't clothing and usually needs to be awkwardly held in front of my junk to shield the public. The rest of the dream is anticlimactic and I assume it just fades out. I'm sure this is all very representative of something.

It's interesting to me when I hear people explain whole plots of their dreams with beginnings, middles and ends. I'm much more familiar with jumping in mid-stream and never really coming to any kind of conclusion unless it's some huge shock that wakes me up. This typically involves falling or the sensation of falling just before I jolt awake.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    TrippyJing wrote:
    Then there's that dream where I and a girl were chased by this big dark something and we fell into a tunnel. We slid through it until it spit us out into a large cave, where we landed on top of a giant mushroom. At this point, I proceed to eat her out.

Did it cause you to grow in size or shrink?
    Chimera wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:

You don't even know the half of it.

That's only because you won't tell us. You make sexual allusions to things and then shy-away from the details. It's almost as if you want the attention of a bunch of sex-charged nerds like us but don't want to reveal any of your own vulnerability.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    TankHammer wrote:
    TrippyJing wrote:

Did it cause you to grow in size or shrink?

I don't remember how it ended.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    yo tank when you're tarring can you switch brushes plz