As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You are all the dumb ones for drinking regular water

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote:
    Fucking homeopathy/conspiracy theories/ energy field bullshit is pissing me off a lot more now that I have a family member who whole-heartedly believes in it

there's a lot of girls on the football team that buy $30 homeopathic creams for their injuries and they try to get me to buy it too and then I just stare at them and remind myself it would be very unsporting to stab my own teammates.

My mother is completely convinced that homeopathy is helping her. Both my dad and I have tried to explain to her why it's bullshit, but she brushes us off (or, more often, gets incredibly defensive and angry, because she thinks we're calling her stupid).

So we've learned to keep our mouths shut, because arguing just isn't worth it.
    Carl Sagan wrote:
    One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. The bamboozle has captured us. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Pshhhh you guys just don't know how delicious this Kangen Water is

It's soooooo alkaline

It's like drinking battery acid!

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    one of the few benefits of living in western new york: great tap water

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    this acid is so alkaline

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    I drink real water straight from the source. Just find myself a big puddle and start lapping it up. So healthy and natural!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I only drink water that has been poured over the buttocks of a tibetan monk

it makes me wiser

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    When dealing with homeopathy advocates, just ask them a few questions about how it works.

Like, why are cleaning chemicals are more dangerous before you mix them with water, if diluting things is supposed to make them more powerful.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Stilts wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Fucking homeopathy/conspiracy theories/ energy field bullshit is pissing me off a lot more now that I have a family member who whole-heartedly believes in it

there's a lot of girls on the football team that buy $30 homeopathic creams for their injuries and they try to get me to buy it too and then I just stare at them and remind myself it would be very unsporting to stab my own teammates.

My mother is completely convinced that homeopathy is helping her. Both my dad and I have tried to explain to her why it's bullshit, but she brushes us off (or, more often, gets incredibly defensive and angry, because she thinks we're calling her stupid).

Try giving her a homeopathic meal for thanksgiving. Put a crumb of turkey in a bucket of water.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    When dealing with homeopathy advocates, just ask them a few questions about how it works.

Like, why are cleaning chemicals are more dangerous before you mix them with water, if diluting things is supposed to make them more powerful.

It's quantum physics, you wouldn't understand.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    Stilts wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Try giving her a homeopathic meal for thanksgiving. Put a crumb of turkey in a bucket of water.

The worst part is she will say that's not diluted enough for it to be powerful or something equally fucked

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    A visible piece of something in an amount of water you can fit in this solar system is to much of that something.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    you're all just jealous because I'm an indigo child and you're not

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    This is always fun to post whenever homeopathy comes up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0c5yClip4o&feature=player_embedded

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    the tap water in some places can be straight nasty

the tap at my apartment smells a bit manky, so I get a big ten gallon jug of water at the supermarket for a buck
    with an initial investment of 11 bucks for a full jug

• Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    I used to have a job selling people crap like this.

In my defense, I was raised by crazy people who told me my whole life that all this stuff was real. It wasn't until I got older and actually looked for things like evidence and valid studies that I realized it was all a sham.

Also my job was in taking incoming calls, so the people I was talking to were already convinced that the water had emotions and needed to be cared for. I don't feel too bad separating those people from their money.

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I always love it when I hear about people saying they used to believe in this shit but wised up. Gives me hope for humanity as a whole.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote:
    Pssssh..... you all drink water from taps and bottles and all that nonsensical bullshit. You know how I get my water? I catch hailstones as they fall from the sky with my bare hands and eat them! I don't mean baby hailstones either... oh no.... I'm talking bigger than grapefruit size! BIG ENOUGH TO HIT AND KILL A COW SIZE! BUHAHAHAHA....

You're a man's man, lady.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    naporeon wrote:
    Druhim wrote:
    mensch it sounds like you're surrounded by negative energy and it's poisoning your thoughts and also probably trapping bad electrons in your body

His positrons are negatized.

But then he should have a weird mustache.

Does he have a weird mustache?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    naporeon wrote:
    Druhim wrote:
    mensch it sounds like you're surrounded by negative energy and it's poisoning your thoughts and also probably trapping bad electrons in your body

whoa now we talkin' bout positrons

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Took one quick look at the OP and it reminded me of that energy healing bullshit that people show up on here with occasionally.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    my chemistry professor spoke briefly on homeopathy and mentioned that water, supposedly having memory, changes out its hydrogen ions 100 million times per second

he also had to fight back a laugh the entire time he was talking about this

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    naporeon wrote:
    Druhim wrote:

whoa now we talkin' bout positrons

The question isn't 'bout, Constable, but when.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:

To which the response is "I'd understand more of it than you".

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:

you see the water has a memory and INSERT COIN TO CONTINUE

sig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    heh, jokes on you suckers

Wired X505 Energy Drink Review

5KlIP.jpg

Cost: $2.99 - 12 Pack for $36.00 (shipped)
    Cost Per Ounce:$0.13
    Active Ingredients:CAFFEINE, Taurine, B-Vitamins
    Taste Rating:8.7
    Kick Rating:11
    Final Judgment Rating:9.9
    Energy Drink Ratings Explained

Wired X505 Energy Drink Review
    I have done several reviews on the Wired Energy Drink Line and last month I tried the Wired X344 which has 344 milligrams of caffeine crammed into 16 ounces which turns out to be about 21.5 milligrams per ounce and packs one hell of a mean kick. Today I have the pleasure of reviewing X-344's mutant brother - The Wired X-505. Why do I say mutant brother? If you really need to know skip down to the "kick" review and you will find out pretty fast. I'll give you a hint. Wired Energy Drinks has pushed the caffeine envelope as far as I have ever seen it pushed. Are you excited yet? I know I am. Onto the review!

Buy Wired Energy Drinks Here

Enter the Wired Crackdown Sweepstakes

Wired X505 Energy Drink Review: Taste
    Well first off the taste is pretty much the same as the Wired X-344 meaning it has a citrus base to it with maybe a hint of orange flavor. Now there is a hint of medicinal aftertaste to the drink. However, it is nothing to cringe over and it is still probably better than the aftertaste you get from let's say a Red Bull. Even with a slight aftertaste Wired X505 is still enjoyable. Since the X505 is 23.5 ounces, yes that's right its huge, I drank this in two sittings - one in the early morning and one after lunch. Why did I drink this in two sittings? Was it because I could not stand the taste? No that was definitely not the reason. Read the kick review to find out why I drank this in two sittings. Taste Rating - 8.7

Wired X505 Energy Drink Review: Kick
    Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. I have been building up anticipation for the kick review for the last couple paragraphs. But why? Well this is by far the strongest energy drink I have yet to drink. This mutant has 505 milligrams of caffeine in it. No thats not a typo. That's right 505 milligrams of caffeine. Combine that with 4400 milligrams of taurine (Redbull has about 1000 milligrams) and a ton of B-vitamins and.... I am speechless. Compare that to Redbull at about 80 milligrams of caffeine per serving. That means you would have to drink about 6.5 Redbulls to equal one Wired X-505. And that answers your question as to why I drank this in two sittings. I try all different kinds of energy drinks every day. This is the first that I did not drink in one single sitting. Was I scared? A little. But drinking this mutant bad boy in two sittings gave me a TON of energy. If you drink one of these and feel you need another energy drink let me know. I'll give you a medal. Kick Rating - 10 (only because that is as high as my scale will let me go). Screw it. It's my scale I am giving the damn drink a Kick Rating of 11 and adding in the #1 spot of my Strongest Energy Drink list.

Wired X505 Energy Drink Review: Final Judgment
    The taste is pretty good. The kick is off the scale (literally) and the price of $2.99 is unbelievable for what you get. If you have been buying two or three energy drinks throughout the day stop wasting your money (or give it to me). You only need one of these mutant energy drinks to get you through the day. Just be careful when drinking the X505. Heed the warning on the can and drink plenty of water to offset this massive amount of caffeine. Final Judgment 9.9!

all i drink are energy drinks

Brolo on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    344 mgs?

Why would anyone ever drink that?

Ever?

• Options
    because it makes me SO STRONG

i get SO STRONG when i drink energy drinks i don't even exercise

• Options
    also it's 505 mg

the 344 is for pussy weakass drinks

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    But not as strong as the guys drinking the X505

You're not getting those essential 161 mgs

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    I would die.

I'd be dead.

• Options
    wait

this has given me a brilliant idea

homeopathic energy drinks

i'm going to be fucking rich

sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I think they make those with like melatonin water or something.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    the caffeine has been diluted 1,000,000 times to achieve maximum harmonious energizing through the natural resonance of aqua

sig.png
  • Options
    can someone just deposit the money in my checking account already

sig.png
  • Options
    Tossrock wrote:

I'm homeopathically giving you money right now.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Tossrock wrote:

I'm homeopathically giving you money right now.
    wet tshirt contest?

• Options
    The molecules in this water are smaller, so you can absorb them better

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    My boss bought one of those Kangen machines for the sink in the office.

She paid three thousand fucking dollars for it.

When I asked her why she got it, she did invoke the "microclusters" thing.

desc on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Is there a water version of fan death?