As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hell On Wheels: I've Been Working on the Fail Road

1235»

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh there was an episode on new years day? Man I don't know if I care enough to watch it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Oh there was an episode on new years day? Man I don't know if I care enough to watch it.

I'd say 'pass'. I didn't even find it unintentionally funny, but maybe that has to do with the cold I caught.

I just started reading about the civil war in the states too (provoked partly by this show, and realizing that I didn't know as much as I ought to know about the Confederate states), so that doesn't help any.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    yotesyotes Registered User regular
    I enjoyed it for the dirty skirt slapstick. Can't get enough of that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

I'd say 'pass'. I didn't even find it unintentionally funny, but maybe that has to do with the cold I caught.

I just started reading about the civil war in the states too (provoked partly by this show, and realizing that I didn't know as much as I ought to know about the Confederate states), so that doesn't help any.

The most recent episode really doubled down on the "Northerners were the real racists, and a bunch of pussies" ahistorical nonsense that the show has already been laying on pretty thick.

Did you think that Frontier Jesus and his new BFF, The Angriest Magical Negro In The West was a rather jarring example of race relations in post-Civil War America? How about those two characters forming the multiracial Mod Squad with The Indian Who Loves Jesus?

Did you miss those previous monologues where Frontier Jesus is a total Lost Cause asshole to a Northerner, especially those with valid grudges against the Confederacy? How about another monologue about how brave and smart and victorious the Confederate Army was compared to those dumb Yankees?

• Options
    Oh wow, so it really did get worse. Well then super pass, jesus thats not even funny to watch to see how bad it is. I'll just play more ToR.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I thought the season ended , they are still giving episodes? Well either way I got the season one walking dead dvds for Christmas and haven't re watched them yet. So I think I will do that.

• Options
    It still has another episode left. They did the unthinkable and ran a new ep on new years so they could finish up their first "season".

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:

SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE!

• Options
    Wait wait wait wait wait fucking wait. The irish guy who got his head blown off came back alive? WHAT THE FUCK!?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    This is the show that keeps on giving. Because breaking into your home and stealing everything that isn't nailed down is the best kind of giving.

I don't get it. Is this intended to be satirical and I'm just misunderstanding? Is there is a significant population in the United States who believes this narrative?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote:
    I don't get it. Is this intended to be satirical and I'm just misunderstanding? Is there is a significant population in the United States who believes this narrative?

There is a significant population in the United States who have no reason to disbelieve in the narrative.

It's on television.

On AMC.

It cost a lot of time and money to make all these authentic sets.

Of course it's believable. It's harder to believe that AMC could spend so much time and effort on a subpar project that fails basic history, writing, drama, and sociology.

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    There, a terrible season over. Now I will never watch this awful show ever again. Seriously, what the fuck was that shit.

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Wait wait wait wait wait fucking wait. The irish guy who got his head blown off came back alive? WHAT THE FUCK!?

We've been watching this wrong the whole time. It's obvious now that this is Deadlands: the Series and the Irish guy is the first Harrowed. I can't wait to see the Magical Negro turn out to be a Huckster, and Colm Meaney use the completed rail line in a ritual to summon the Reckoners!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    So this show is back, and I'm left wondering why I'm watching...

• Options
    Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    Still watching! Now with Ulysses Grant!

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Letting it build up on the DVR. A guy here at work says this season is a lot better. I might start to find out for myself this weekend. Or, I could use it as a cleanser when Breaking Bad is over to get over all the sad, and excellent writing and acting.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    They've nearly hit the reset button on the series with a new showrunner.