As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CNBC Republican Debate Thread - 90 Minutes of Not Mentioning Obama's Jobs Bill

• KelzorKelzor The Grey Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    previously resolved

Kelzor on
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Is Huntsman here tonight?

this could be his moment to shine

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    CRAMER is shouting about Italy now. Paul is being wrong about the economy.

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Cramer: "Ron Paul, if the Italian banks fail you'll crush the financial sector entirely. Surely you're not going to let economic apocalypse occur."

Ron Paul: "Fuck that, let the world burn."

Ron Paul wrong again...

• Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    ron paul: we need to liquidate them all!

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Mitt Romney: Serious about the debt
    Thursdays Mitt Romney: Serious about bailouts
    Ron Paul: The broken clock is right about the housing market

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    Wow. Cramer really is shouty.

I now love Jim Cramer as a moderator.

Right or wrong hes going to shout like a motherfucker

Cramer: "Huntsman, are you sane?"

Huntsman: "Eh, kinda? Also, fuck Goldman et al."

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Ugh. Can't tell if its the streams or my internets that're sucking.

Oh hey, it finally loaded.

Man I don't want Huntsman to be president, but he's one of the only guys in that room who even knew wtf Cramer was talking about.

I can't wait for Paul and Cramer to be in a screaming match.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    CRAMER asks Huntsman about Italy and Europe. Huntsman is talking about how too big to fail is not exactly a foolproof idea. Actually gets some applause

WHY THE FUCK IS JOHN HUNTSMAN POLLING LIKE HE IS

FUCK YOU REPUBLICAN BASE, FUCK OFF AND DIE

Uuuuuuh, Detroit bailout question.

Romney is getting called on his flippyfloppies.

Oh Mitt you're so delectably flip floppy

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote:

It's probably good for Huntsman.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    RedTide wrote:

seriously...

Not Cramer Guy: "Romney, you said 'fuck Detroit.' What the fuck?"

Romney: (Squirms.)

enc0re wrote:

I think it was more "Romney, you keep changing your mind. How unreliable are you?"

Decent save by Mitt, even if he's totally bullshitting.

• Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    normally I hate Jim Cramer, but he's kind of awesome as a moderator for this debate.

Wow the CNBC moderators are kinda brutal tonight

Now he is explicitly being called out on being a flipflopper.

I AM GOING TO POST AS JIM CRAMER TONIGHT

MITT ROMNEY CALLS TEN STATES HIS HOME.

SERIOUSLY, THE GUY HAS LIKE TEN HOUSES

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote:
    enc0re wrote:

I think it was more "Romney, you keep changing your mind. How unreliable are you?"

The debate is in Rochester, MI. This had local flavor.

RedTide wrote:
    I AM GOING TO POST AS JIM CRAMER TONIGHT

MITT ROMNEY CALLS TEN STATES HIS HOME.

SERIOUSLY, THE GUY HAS LIKE TEN HOUSES

I just call him CRAMER.

Also good gods, Perry looks kinda like Reagan, and I think he is doing it on purpose.

Perry '12: Wishful thinking.

Not-Cramer: "Perry, is the flexibility Romney's shown a good thing?"

Perry: "NON-SEQUITOR."

Man you could just SEE Perry's eyes glazing over in the middle half of that question.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    wait....

did rick perry just echo OWS?

Where's Santorum?

Where's Gary Johnson?

Ok I'm tired of Cramering.

Being mad at Rick Perry is like being mad at a dog, he just doesn't understand. Also doesn't understand the question asked of him.

Question:Unemployment is crippling us? Why are tax cuts the answer?

Gingrich: A bunch of blather.

What's with the Bernanke hatred? None of those people are qualified to cast judgement on his performance.

The federal reserve is -always- audited, and Newt knows it. But the audience as usual doesn't, which is why Newt's attacking him.

Reagan raised taxes. Clinton raised taxes.

• ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    Does Gingrich seem fatter than normal?

Woman: "Ben Bernanke says unemployment is bad. Gingrich, will tax reform get people back to work? If not, what else will you do?"

Gingrich: "Fuck Bernanke. REAGAN LOWERED TAXES! CLASS WARFARE!"

enc0re wrote:
    What's with the Bernanke hatred? None of those people are qualified to cast judgement on his performance.

They have no idea what the fuck they are talking about, and playing to an audience that knows less?