As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CNBC Republican Debate Thread - 90 Minutes of Not Mentioning Obama's Jobs Bill

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    The GDP of texas isn't negative!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    God damn this fucking shit video stream.

What did Romney just say was the reason we have a housing problem?
    government hands

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Chanus wrote:

What did Romney just say was the reason we have a housing problem?

Government and Obama

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Mitt Romney is the only guy on this stage who wouldn't look like a child debating Obama.

Although Obama is awfully good at actually using real facts, Romney might have a tough time when he can't casually drop things that he knows are lies.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote:
    Chanus wrote:

What did Romney just say was the reason we have a insert problem here problem?

Government and Obama

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Oh, that was it?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Romney looks a little haggard.

His voice is so sonorous, though, I wouldn't mind having that voice. It sounds like he's being auto-tuned a little or something.

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Is the stream dead or was that it?

Bonuses are disgusting.
    Unless it's bonuses to job creators.

• dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Kana wrote:
    Mitt Romney is the only guy on this stage who wouldn't look like a child debating Obama.

Huntsman.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Is the stream dead or was that it?

It's still going, it's just shit.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    50 minute debate? Awfully short.

Alt stream location, since the previous one died for me. Kinda shitty, though: http://www.rentadrone.tv/debate/

Man Gingrich gets so chewed up when people actually get to ask him specific questions about his sleazy life.

So he got paid how many dollars to answer uh, one question? Riiiight.

I don't know which stream you guys are using, but http://livestation.me/2011/cnbc/ is working perfectly for me.

Why the fuck does CNBC not just have a stream

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Cain likes saying bold

Uncertainty is hurting the economy, so we have to REBUILD THE ENTIRE TAX STRUCTURE

Q: How would you deal with Freddie and Franny?

A: I would deal with Freddie and Franny

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Q: Huntsman, let's have a discussion that resembles sanity

• s7apsters7apster Registered User regular
    These people say they want the free market to take over everything...but they simply don't understand what a free market is.

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
  • Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    I wonder if Huntsman is actually trying to win himself a gig in the Obama administration?

Huntsman gets mild applause.

Huntsman: There are no easy solutions to housing. Break up Goldman, Citigroup, BoA, JPMorgan-Chase. Charge the banks for insurance.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Pi-r8 wrote:
    I wonder if Huntsman is actually trying to win himself a gig in the Obama administration?

He was Obama's ambassador to China already.

I love how 'Too big to fail' is totally anathema to republican ideals, but since people hate banks the republicans are trying to pretend they're angry too. Except that for some reason it's the government's fault and taxing companies less is the only solution.

Huntsman's answer would've been totally at home in a democratic debate.

Huntsman: We need cost-controls for healthcare. But, uh, free market.

every one of the idiots up there are like, i have herpes but i can fix it this time around while ron paul is like, the constitution allows you to do that and private market initiatives means you have the best chance of taking care of that herpes. you can see ron paul idealism is rare. that's why as a gook, i support mr. paul, real hope for america

• Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    Prediction: Cain answers this health care question with 9-9-9

I think Huntsman has finally had a full dose of crazy and he's eying a bid for a Obama 2012 job.

• s7apsters7apster Registered User regular
    Healthcare costs have skyrocketed because of inflation, Ron Paul?

• Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote:
    Pi-r8 wrote:

I know. But there's room to move up.

Romney's hair looks like it's purposely askew.

• MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    If inflation is causing healthcare costs to skyrocket, why do all inflation adjusted graphs still show it skyrocketing every year?

• enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    Will we hear "Noun. Verb. 9-9-9." in these debates.

Pi-r8 wrote:
    rhylith wrote:
    Pi-r8 wrote:

I know. But there's room to move up.

In the same administration, he would have stayed on, then quietly moved up to a senior State position. Obama likes being bipartisan.

There's been a lot of awkward silences after Cain answers tonight.

• Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    Skoal Cat wrote:
    Prediction: Cain answers this health care question with 9-9-9
    Ahh, I see he's gone with, "fuck if I know, let's go with the more recent idea before Obamacare" route

Gingrich is still pissy about getting slapped in the face by the moderators

Gingrich complains about how time and debates work.

Also, touts his Lincoln-Douglass debates idea