As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CNBC Republican Debate Thread - 90 Minutes of Not Mentioning Obama's Jobs Bill

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    God Gingrich is a fucking pussy

• Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    I like her.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    This moderator is holding his balls to the fire.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    She just eyerolled at his response.

Oh man I likey her.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    bwahahahaha

• Options
    s7apsters7apster Registered User regular
    How can they say that they want to turn healthcare over to the "free market"? These fucking people...

• Options
    And when he finally gets around to his response it's about iron lungs?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Bachmann wants a race to the bottom for insurance.

• Options
    Bachmann: I do not understand what insurance commissioners actually do.

• Options
    Kana wrote:
    And when he finally gets around to his response it's about iron lungs?

He forgot how to say preventative medicine.

• Options
    100% tax free health care expenditures. This will surely contain cost.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Bachmann is shooting some serious crazy eyes tonight.

NONE OF THE BUREAUCRACY EVEN EXISTS YET UNTIL 2014

Kana on
  • Options
    Santorum is complaining that everyone is stealing his ideas. The concept is terrifying.

• Options
    Hey guys, remember Phil Gramm? Yeah I was buddies with him!

I WROTE A LETTER

Also Santorum was one of the guys who helped get rid of the regulations that allowed our current shitfest.

• Options
    Santorum: I would have given you a depression! Five out of these eight people wouldn't have done that.

• Options
    Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    Oh man, totally unnecessary split screen with Santorum to Perry's response. He awkward.

• Options
    Romney does have a point on removing the obfuscation of healthcare costs.

• Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    What does "giving the patient a stake in their healthcare" even meeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaan?!?!

• Options
    I'm confused, how has the patient doctor relationship been removed by Obamacare?

• Options
    Ron Paul: I deal with medicaid by ending it.

• Options
    Olorin wrote:
    What does "giving the patient a stake in their healthcare" even meeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaan?!?!

Apparently people don't have enough stake in their health.

• Options
    Ron Paul: I will save the world by burning it down

• Options
    This debate is boring me...

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Ron Paul: Batshit crazy, but at least upfront about it.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Kana wrote:
    Ron Paul: I will save the world by burning it down

Exterminatus?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    dbrock270 wrote:
    This debate is boring me...

The moderators are fun

• Options
    s7apsters7apster Registered User regular
    Mitt wants patients to have a stake in care cost and quality (personally I feel most patients already have a stake in the quality of their treatment), as well as more information and more transparency so that they can identify cost-cutting measures... "I'm not having that life-saving emergency procedure until you can get the price under $12,000 - I have identified superfluous overhead costs and I won't be grifted!"

Get real.

• Options
    This debate stole the Olympics theme.

And is anyone else seeing Romney's hair?

• Options
    s7apster wrote:
    Mitt wants patients to have a stake in care cost and quality (personally I feel most patients already have a stake in the quality of their treatment), as well as more information and more transparency so that they can identify cost-cutting measures... "I'm not having that life-saving emergency procedure until you can get the price under $12,000 - I have identified superfluous overhead costs and I won't be grifted!"

Get real.

Don't forget about that super expensive emergency procedure that has a 20% success rate. Come back to me when it's an 80% success rate, then we'll talk.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So I've seen about 90 seconds of this debate. 60 seconds of incoherency from the candidates and 30 seconds of CNBC blatantly lying about the status of social security.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    s7apster wrote:

Get real.

On the other hand, it's totally reasonable for patients to expect to be able to say "I have fucking kidney stones, I don't need a goddamn CT scan."

• Options
    While the debate itself was bland, I'd happily have Maria moderate again.

• Options
    Yeah I'm done with this debate.

I'd rather see them spar over a plethora of topics. Economics gets boring after a while.

• Options
    Santorum thinks he can work bipartisanly.

• Options
    In fact, this question is hilarious.

• Options
    Santorum: I'll fix legislative gridlock by creating a plan that Democrats can buy into
    Me: Like Obama did with the Republicans, you slimy cocksucking piece of shit?!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Santorum: I'll fix legislative gridlock by creating a plan that Democrats can buy into

hahahaha

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Romney is being hilarious.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

You're misunderstanding the meaning of his name.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Holy christ did he just say that?