Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Happy Birthday, Carl

I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck toughbe coolRegistered User regular
edited November 2011 in Singularity Engine++
Today is Carl Sagan's birthday.

carl_sagan.jpg
Carl Edward Sagan was an American astronomer, astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, science popularizer and science communicator in astronomy and natural sciences. He published more than 600 scientific papers and articles and was author, co-author or editor of more than 20 books. He advocated scientifically skeptical inquiry and the scientific method, pioneered exobiology and promoted the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI).

Mr. Sagan, along with Stephen Hawking, are responsible for my love of and fascination with the world outside our own. I read Cosmos and A Brief History of the Universe in seventh grade and haven't looked back since.

Quite simply, the man was genius. Isaac Asimov described Sagan as one of only two people whose intellect surpassed his own. And he was charismatic, and he was kind, and he is responsible for making something so vast and breathtaking seem so mind-bogglingly close to home, for me.

Happy Birthday, Carl.