As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ache[chat]

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote:
    This is gonna sound kind of terrible, but well, I'm a Nebraska fan, and Nebraska plays Penn State this weekend. It feels to me that we should cancel the game.

nah, don't take this out on the players
    I don't think the game's happening after tonight. At least, not at Beaver Stadium.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Al Baron wrote:
    So It Goes wrote:
    This is gonna sound kind of terrible, but well, I'm a Nebraska fan, and Nebraska plays Penn State this weekend. It feels to me that we should cancel the game.

nah, don't take this out on the players
    I don't think the game's happening after tonight. At least, not at Beaver Stadium.

eh, I think things will be calmed down by the weekend

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    i know this is gender essentialist and all

but what he says about men here is incredibly, poignantly true (for me, at least)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPesKyIhGZg

So, old people don't exist? :P

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    i know this is gender essentialist and all

but what he says about men here is incredibly, poignantly true (for me, at least)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPesKyIhGZg

So, old people don't exist? :P

what?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    A couple years ago I was shocked to find out that my old high school science teacher - the best teacher I've ever had - had a sexual relationship with at least one of his students.

It never occurred to me that I should report this to anybody.

According to his facebook page he's still teaching.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Nearly coffee time...my favourite part of the morning :D

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    what?

Or people with kids...

Men and women reduce their lifestyles and sexual behavior on a regular basis, often voluntarily.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote:
    Nearly coffee time...my favourite part of the morning :D

get some chocolate!

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    what?

Or people with kids...

Men and women reduce their lifestyles and sexual behavior on a regular basis, often voluntarily.

not me, dogg

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    wandering wrote:
    A couple years ago I was shocked to find out that my old high school science teacher - the best teacher I've ever had - had a sexual relationship with at least one of his students.

yes, that should be reported. how did you find out?

• Options
    wandering wrote:
    not me, dogg

Are you even old enough to rent a car? :P

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    wandering wrote:

One of my maths teachers started seeing a student (he was in sixth form though, so 17 or 18). Eventually, he dropped out of school and moved in with her. Then she kicked him out for being a deadbeat (from having dropped out of school). I presume that as she never actually taught the student in question, it was somehow not such a scandal?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    DUE at 17 - Courtesy of Xanga

3. Apparently i've reached the pinnacle of my childhood. The same cusp of my adolescence which is said to bring an individual into the awkward fledgeling years of not quite-adulthood. Don't get me wrong, I'm infatuated by the concept of being eligible to die in the armed services or serve a life time sentence in jail along with the fact that my record will become indelible. It's just something about all of the conotations that come with the number 18 that scare me out of my fucking mind. December First of the year twenty-oh-six will be such a tragic unnerving celebration for me. Maybe the severity eludes you, but this may also be because the proximity does the same. I'm considering that there is a kid, no, he's a guy because he's 18, that became the mayor of some frivolous town. Think about that, in my entire life I will not accomplish what that fucker did by the 18th year celebration that's less than a week away for me? Fuck that. There shouldn't be a celebration, without an achievement. Losing, although I do it exceptionally well. . .is not something to be proud of. That's what i've done. I honestly believe that every word anyone has presumed to be intelligent to come from me within the past two or so years has been absolute drivel. Drivel of the highest, most asinine caliber fathomable. In all seriousness, I do not believe I have learned a single thing since I was about 15. I haven't accomplished a thing. And I sure as hell never managed to mean a thing. When I turn 18, i'll be burying a whole lot of dreams. Yeah, they've been dead for a long ass time but there's something comforting in the husk of an aspiration, it's a much easier thing to live with than a ghost. I guess i'm not going to be fortunate enough to die a day before I turn 18. (Note: People still care if you die before your 18. . .you're not a statistic, a life lost under 18 is still a tragedy as opposed to a natural occurence.)

I couldn't even pull off being a minor. . .talk about discouragement.

-Intermission-

4. The car. Basically despite it being a piece of shit, it's the nicest piece of shit I have going for me. I need an easy way to make it faster but there isn't one. Manual transmission + Turbo = well over 4,000 dollars. So I really, really don't want to start leaning in that direction. Too bad the wind is fucking stalwart. Yes what i'm saying is, I would spend everything I have just to have something that makes me a little bit less than no one, who wouldn't?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Incenjucar wrote:
    chu wrote:
    not me, dogg

Are you even old enough to rent a car? :P

are you 70 now

why are you not getting this

it's casually sexist comedy- of course it's not ubiquitously true

but for me his male comment resonates very much and is an accurate characterization of my sex life

that is all

you goddamned butt

Organichu on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    is it about guys with super small weiners

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Organichu wrote:
    are you 70 now

why are you not getting this

it's casually sexist comedy- of course it's not ubiquitously true

but for me his male comment resonates very much and is an accurate characterization of my sex life

that is all

you goddamned butt

I have been 70 forever. You know that.

• Options
    Variable wrote:
    is it about guys with super small weiners

it's actually about men with normal weiners but tremendously huge balls

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I think Chu has won the SS list game by asking for AA and AAA batteries.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    I think Chu has won the SS list game by asking for AA and AAA batteries.

hey, man

i got remotes

this wireless trackpad

a wireless mouse

vibes

i need them shits

• Options
    I totally feel your pain, I play with my 360 controller plugged in. Like a damn sucka. And all because I can never remember to buy batteries.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Man, as far as casually sexist comedy that is totally true:

Any time a comedian talks about women expecting men to figure out how they feel about things on their own. The whole "it's fine" bit.

So many women I know do it and it is so incredibly aggravating, even when I am not the clueless man (or other woman) in question.

I am all if you are upset you fucking tell him.

I just cannot imagine the appeal of forcing someone to play the guessing game with your feelings.

• Options
    Winky wrote:

Any time a comedian talks about women expecting men to figure out how they feel about things on their own. The whole "it's fine" bit.

So many women I know do it and it is so incredibly aggravating, even when I am not the clueless man (or other woman) in question.

I just cannot imagine the appeal of forcing someone to play the guessing game with your feelings.

Eh, I do that. It's not a desire to play games, it's a desire to not burden other people.

• Options
    Winky wrote:

My ladylove is very open and honest with everyone. She is very, very direct.

It pisses people off like you wouldn't fucking believe.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Winky wrote:

Eh, I do that. It's not a desire to play games, it's a desire to not burden other people.

It's not the part where you hide your feelings.

It's the part where you hide your feelings and then get pissed off when other people don't figure them out.

• Options
    Like "He should just know" is a line I have heard spoken unironically in far too many instances.

• Options
    like, this magic trackpad is on its last leg

every hour or so it dies and i take out the batteries and switch their position

it works surprisingly well

it first died like 6 hours ago and it's working 8)

but obvs i need some batteries

• Options
    Most people are terrible at communication and introspection. They often couldn't explain their feelings if their life depended on it.

It's kind of strange how relieved people are when you understand them enough to explain them to them.

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Winky wrote:

I love overt brutal honesty.

• Options
    Winky wrote:
    Like "He should just know" is a line I have heard spoken unironically in far too many instances.

while your point is received, there are some things you should know and if you can't intuit my basic expectations and feelings after we've known one another for a while and i've made an effort to understand and become receptive to your nuances- then yeah fuck you

while i'm angry, at least

• Options
    never ever re-read your diaries dudes. never.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Most people are terrible at communication and introspection. They often couldn't explain their feelings if their life depended on it.

It's kind of strange how relieved people are when you understand them enough to explain them to them.

This is kind of why I want to make that confabulation thread!

Because I honestly think that it's the truth that people don't really have any privileged access to knowledge about their own feelings and motivations. We're all just filled with drives and actions and we very often have absolutely no clue why this is the case.

• Options
    the very fact of you being so completely unreceptive to how this person thinks and feels- i.e. what lead to them feeling this way- is oftentimes the greater offense than that you caused him/her grief in the first place

• Options
    Winky wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Winky wrote:

I love overt brutal honesty.

Oh hell yeah. It's part of why I love her so much.

But it gets her in so much trouble she's started asking me for advice. That's why I was looking for that video on indirect communication the other day.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Winky wrote:

while your point is received, there are some things you should know and if you can't intuit my basic expectations and feelings after we've known one another for a while and i've made an effort to understand and become receptive to your nuances- then yeah fuck you

Yeah, I suppose I get your point.

But I think there's definitely got to be a limit to how much you can expect someone to intuit about your emotions no matter how close you are to them.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    the very fact of you being so completely unreceptive to how this person thinks and feels- i.e. what lead to them feeling this way- is oftentimes the greater offense than that you caused him/her grief in the first place

True. Part of it is that a lot of people go into relationships hoping to find a mate with certain highly desirable traits, including those associated with romance, such as a deep psychological mutual understanding. Fairly few actually get anything like that, and it's frustrating as hell.

• Options

Ugh, I have a blog somewhere. It is super embarrassing.

Though it almost got me laid.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    DIS STEAK

• Options
    Winky wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Winky wrote:

Yeah, I suppose I get your point.

But I think there's definitely got to be a limit to how much you can expect someone to intuit about your emotions no matter how close you are to them.

well yes obviously if you're walking with them and you wave at an old friend and it turns out she is furious because that old friend was wearing a blue jacket and that was the color of her ex's car and he broke her heart... fine.

but too often this entire caveman-ish complaint- JUST GIVE ME THE PROBLEM SO I CAN FIX IT, I DON'T WANT TO BE INTELLECTUALLY OR EMOTIONALLY ACTIVE IN OUR RELATIONSHIP- is because of something ridiculously insensitive and preventable.

• Options
    FroThulhu wrote:
    DIS STEAK

Uggghh fooooood

Why is it 2 in the morning

No one is open at 2 in the morning

• Options
    Winky wrote:

Ugh, I have a blog somewhere. It is super embarrassing.

Though it almost got me laid.

i feel really bad

because i think i had a better grasp of grammar and words when I was younger. cept i was a whiny bitch also.

hm.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.