As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Alternative Vote Method [Phalla]: Day 5 I Approval vote this Message

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I thought that was just a rule for mains.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote:
    I thought that was just a rule for mains.
    It's a hard rule for mains and a soft rule of thumb for minis.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    It's true roughly 70-80% of the time!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    With odds like that no wonder we always trust him!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Day 2: Bucklin Voting

Or rather, a modified version thereof. Once again, each person will be making an ordered list of people, at least 2 but no more than 5. The 1st place votes will be counted first, and if there is anyone who has more than a third of the votes (9) they will be eliminated immediately. Then the 2nd place votes will be added to the total, with an equal weight as the 1st place ones, and any additional vote kills will be determined by a fraction as required to reach the desired three deaths.

If there aren't enough votes for a single person, or there is a tie which would result in more than the 3 deaths, it will go on to higher numbered rounds, ignoring those votes for people who are eliminated from earlier rounds. If at the end of the 5th round there is still not a clear 3 winners, it will go to the person(s) with the largest number of combined votes. If there is still a tie, then it will be determined by whichever has the most votes from the earliest rounds. And in the exceedingly unlikely event that it is still a tie it will be determined by whoever reached that number first.

The Dead:
    Infidel
    Phyphor
    Taya
    Slym

Kime

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Yesssssssss

Wait I mean NooooOoOoOoooOooOOOOOooo

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    oOoOoOoOoOo
    Spoit wrote:
    Taya
    Slym
    What the fuck is this shit?

WHAT

THE

FUCK

is this

SHIT?

OoOoOoOoOoO

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Ok, rubber banding go! I'll throw the village a bone. There were 5 mafia, 4 left

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    OoooOOooOOoooooo
    Hell has frozen over and pigs are slamming into airplanes all over the world.

Also, kime evil?!

OOOooOOOooooOOo

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Proof that Kime is always evil

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Damn you mafia. Grudges for all!

Oooooooooooo

Phyphor on
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote:
    Proof that Kime is always evil

As if we needed any more proof.

Also based on voting records, these folks seem like kime's bedfellows.
    1. JLARPSON
    2. Cythraul
    3. Cayrus

• Options
    Three vote kills and two mafia kills per day?

We're boned.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote:
    Three vote kills and two mafia kills per day?

We're boned.
    The village will be fine as long as I'm still around, and anyone else who's Never Evil.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I'm kime's bedfellow for not bandwagoning him day one like everybody else? Well shit, you caught me.

1. B:L
    2. Anomalousvandal
    3. Corvidae

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    See? He even admits it! :P

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    You'd be rather silly to assume my votes meant anything. Not to mention with all the vote switching going on -I- made your list?

laughable!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I'm gonna throw out that I think more votes benefits the village. Mostly because of records.

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular

1. Anomalousvandal
    2. cayrus

cayrus? y u grudge me so hard?

• Options
    TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    Today's system perplexes me a bit. Could we get a concrete example of how it works?

1. Cythraul
    2. jdarksun
    3. FecklessRogue
    4. Alegis
    5. MrTLicious

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Sorry Corv, I'm still grudging you for the Phalla of Angels and I don't think I've gotten you back yet.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Cayrus wrote:
    I'm kime's bedfellow for not bandwagoning him day one like everybody else? Well shit, you caught me.
    Well that and putting the Never Evil guy who wanted kime dead in your first slot, that was kinda a big EVILMAFIA tell as well.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm sorry, yes. 1/3 of 25 is 8 1/3, so anyone with 9 votes will be eliminated the first round.

So for example, say that at the end of round one, kime and taya, being always evil, have 10 votes each, and are eliminated right there, and slym has the remaining 5 votes. Since 5 isn't enough to eliminate him, we go to the 2nd round. Say he picks up 4 more votes there, giving him 9 total. However, that isn't a majority (since there's only 1 vote left), or even a third, of the 30 votes in that pool, so it goes the next round.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OOOOOooooOOOOO

eviiiiiiiill

OOOOOoooOOOOO

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    1. JLARPSON
    2. Cythraul
    3. Cayrus
    B:L leading the charge is good enough for me.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Cayrus wrote:
    @Citizen: Rule #2: kime is always evil

Frighteningly accurate.

1.Sir Fabulous
    2.Shiny New Toys

Despite guessing right with kime I'm drawing at straws today. These two are just the ones that voted for multiple innocents and not for kime.
    EDIT: I can't spell names.

Citizen on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    !JDarksun
    !B;L
    !Warban

I had a Question avatar at some point, now it's secret paramilitary types making off with alien corpses. This means, naturally, that you should trust everything I say.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Gogo gadget rudimentary vote analysis:

Since last night's vote was basically a barely modified standard voting system where the top three first place votes ate it. Second and third place votes only served to break a tie between anomalousvandal, kime and taya. Hell, that was common knowledge even midway through the day that second and third place votes barely mattered. So in the interests of saving one of their own, there are probably quite a few mafia with first place votes for taya, slym or anomalousvandal. I.e in the following list.

Bedlam
    Cayrus
    Corvidae
    fatwombatt
    fecklessrogue
    MrTlicious
    segatai
    sirfabulous
    void slayer.

Now both Sir fabulous and corvidae went on to vote for one of the three aforementioned in third place, bumping them above the others so far and since we don't know anomalousvandal's allegiance yet, those voting for him are less suspicious, leading me to the following list.

1. Sir Fabulous
    2. Corvidae
    3. fecklessrogue
    4. fatwombatt
    5. MrTlicious

Admittedly, i haven't been bothered to read all the posts and work out who changed votes when or whatever, to see if there are mafia that could have been trying to save kime and then gave up, by all means if someone else does that, let us know...

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Okay, throwing my 2 cents in.

There were 19 of the remaining 25 players who didn't vote for Kime. (I'm on that list btw)

Of those 19 there are 2 who voted for both Taya and SLyM, - Jdarksun (3rd and 2nd) and Sir Fabulous (3rd and 1st)
    4 voted for SLyM - Shiny new toys(3rd), romanqwerty(3rd), MrTlicious(1st), fecklessrogue(1st),
    3 voted for Taya - Corvidae(1st), fatwombatt(1st), tayrun(2nd)

So the question I ask myself is would the mafia vote like this to try and save Kime, or would they realise half way through the day that this was pretty impossible and hence throw a vote on kime to hide themselves from vote analysis? (In which case I need to go back and look at the timing of the votes.)

I'm going to assume day 1 that they tried to save kime, so

1. Jdarksun
    2. Sir Fabulous
    3. MrTlicious
    4. Fecklessrogue
    5. Corvidae

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Ha! You guys are pretty awesome with the vote analysis stuff...

I avoided kime cause it is kinda foolish for the hate be gets, although he unfortunately turned up evil.... I'm starting to wonder if phalla makers slew the results to make him evil and perpetuate the meme...

I voted for taya for several long standing grudges, nothing else..and she's gonna get some more from me in the future.....

Trying to over analyze a day one vote is kind of useless.

Although, I do appreciate the recognition of my overall day to day shadiness....

• Options
    edited November 2011
    So the question I ask myself is would the mafia vote like this to try and save Kime, or would they realise half way through the day that this was pretty impossible and hence throw a vote on kime to hide themselves from vote analysis? (In which case I need to go back and look at the timing of the votes.)
    If the mafia was any smart, they'd realise that kime was doomed to die early from the beginning....Its KIME remember so they'd jump on once the bandwagon was inevitable. Did anyone switch to kime or vote him late in the day?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Thank you shiny new toys, always good to have other people shift the narrative away from innocent villagers like myself.

The funny thing is my vote really was trying to save kime, just because I didn't think it was fair to vote him out just due to evilness.

I am not helping my case am I?

I would think that mafia members might have been willing to second and third place vote each other, particularly when it was realized it would not matter much.

In terms of third place votes, Kime (SLyM, Phyphor, B:L), SLyM (Infidel, romanqwerty, Shiny New Toys) and Taya (jdarksun, Sir Fabulous, The Anonymous) all got 3 third place votes while Shiny new toys (Alegis, anomalousvandal, Citizen, fecklessrogue, Taya) got a surprising 5.

In terms of second place votes, Me (sir fab, fecklessrogue), SeGaTai (Alegis, anomalousvandal), Sir Fabulous (daniant, Captainplanet82) and Shiny (MrTLicious, Phyphor) are the ones still alive to get two second place votes while Bedlam (fatwombatt, romanqwerty, SeGaTai, Tastydonuts) got 4! and NO votes for first or third oddly enough.

That is messy, let me try to clean it up.

Third place multiple votes:
    • Kime (SLyM, Phyphor, B:L)
    • SLyM (Infidel, romanqwerty, Shiny New Toys)
    • Taya (jdarksun, Sir Fabulous, The Anonymous)
    • Shiny new toys (Alegis, anomalousvandal, Citizen, fecklessrogue, Taya)

Second place multiple votes:
    • Void Slayer (sir fab, fecklessrogue)
    • Shiny new toys (MrTLicious, Phyphor)
    • Sir Fabulous (daniant, Captainplanet82)
    • SeGaTai (Alegis, anomalousvandal)
    • Kime (Bedlam, Infidel, Taya)
    • Taya (Tayrun, B:L, SLyM)
    • Bedlam (fatwombatt, romanqwerty, SeGaTai, Tastydonuts)

This is all based on MrT's spreadsheet, so if that is wrong please tell me!

Hope that is helpful to someone I do not know myself...

The most important fact is I am not inside any of the ( )... so if someone else can find a way to explain why I am not a good voting choice I would appreciate it.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    2. anomalousvandal
    3. warban

That's all I've got.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    The most important fact is I am not inside any of the ( )... so if someone else can find a way to explain why I am not a good voting choice I would appreciate it.

No one likes you Zapp Branigan?

• Options
    anomalousvandalanomalousvandal Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    2. Sir Fabulous
    3. Shiny New Toys
    4. jdarksun

Jdarksun and shiny new toys both make good points, but on the flipside it could be mafia shenanigans.

anomalousvandal on
    You can take letters off my username, but you cannot take my FREEDOM!!
  • Options
    Im making lists for putting kime second? Because I started out with him in first. But when I switched slym had around 3.5 points where many of us were hovering in the 2-3 range. It was more important to widen the gap from 3rd to 4th than to make sure kime had absolute first, for reasons I stated yesterday.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote:
    Im making lists for putting kime second? Because I started out with him in first. But when I switched slym had around 3.5 points where many of us were hovering in the 2-3 range. It was more important to widen the gap from 3rd to 4th than to make sure kime had absolute first, for reasons I stated yesterday.

You're not making any lists....Why are you so paranoid?

• Options
    Actually bedlam my lists were concerned with who voted for you... but you make a good point. It is mighty suspicious that you showed up on so many peoples second place.

Or people kinda want to vote for you but have other priorities.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Bedlam wrote:

You're not making any lists....Why are you so paranoid?
    Top of your list, bottom of voids list and brain chemical imbalance.

Actually just suprised people are putting theorys together already and I wanted to make my intentions clear. I'll maybe be able to add somthing better latter after having a good think but it is still kind of early here and we have very little to work with.
    Actually bedlam my lists were concerned with who voted for you... but you make a good point. It is mighty suspicious that you showed up on so many peoples second place.

Or people kinda want to vote for you but have other priorities.
    Yeah I dont really think the logic of getting votes making someone good or evil holds water, but it wouldnt be unheard of for mafia to vote for each other day 1.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    1. fecklessrogue
    2. romanqwerty
    3. Sir Fabulous
    4. Alegis
    5. anomalousvandal