As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Good luck finding the Pizza Planet truck. [BRAVE]

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    sounds like something you ladies need to talk to your therapists about

am I right fellas? 8-)

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Personface wrote:
    I imagine there'll be a covert PP truck mounted on a wall like some trophy beast in a hall somewhere.

I'm thinking some sort of shadow or rock formation. Anything else would actually kind of stupid.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Personface wrote:
    I imagine there'll be a covert PP truck mounted on a wall like some trophy beast in a hall somewhere.

I'm thinking some sort of shadow or rock formation. Anything else would actually kind of stupid.

Kinda hope a series of runes at that ceremonial rock site make up the Pizza Planet truck from a certain angle.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    This is a movie that I will be watching

I got a serious Lookouts vibe from the whole thing

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2011
    Nuzak wrote: »
    Druhim wrote:
    And yeah, Fearghaill is spot on. It's idiotic to say this is Irish Mulan when plenty of works that preceded Mulan also had strong female leads rebelling against a role society expected them to fill. That doesn't make it stale. It's all about how you tell the story, not what the story is. So many people get this completely backwards.

i know, but it's just, does it have to be on her dealing with gender issues just because she's a female and a lead? how many films with male leads are you going to have with males dealing with, i dunno, conscription, or trying to be a good father. like a guy struggling against male social roles. this is pixar's first film with a female lead, i was hoping that they wouldn't feel a need to put a red pen underline for "female"

then again it's just a quick trailer, if spoilers are to believed it won't really centre around her trying to be a soldier or something.

Gee, I dunno. Maybe, just maybe it's because guys don't generally have the same role constraints that women have traditionally had and still struggle against today. So I'd say you're being a pretty silly goose acting like it's such a burden to have a story about a female struggling with her expected role.

I mean, how many stories are there about men with a wife and kids going through a midlife crisis and re-evaluating their life? Or hell, about an underdog that overcomes the odds and fights their way to the top? I don't see you complaining about other premises that are as old as the hills. It's about stories that are relate-able. That's why these themes keep getting revisited. And like I said above, the premise is less important than how well you actually tell the story. Plenty of creative premises that were full of potential have been squandered by poor execution, and plenty of premises that revisit age old themes have been executed extremely well, resulting in an engaging and enjoyable story.

But hey, you want to do something original why don't you make a film about a schmuck who plays soggy biscuit with his friends and then eats the biscuit even though he won? I'm sure that'll be real popular.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I personally really appreciate that we're getting a Princess movie where it is about the relationship between her and her mother, rather than about the relationship between her and her prince.

That is rather refreshing!

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I personally really appreciate that we're getting another PIXAR movie

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Druhim you...made me google soggy biscuit..................

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    So which character is John Ratzenberger?

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Druhim you...made me google soggy biscuit..................

it took you this long to find out what it meant?

pfthahahaha

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    the story is framed Princess Bride-style and as we are zooming into the modern house which contains the book BRAVE, the delivery truck drives by

bam

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Bedigunz wrote:
    Was this movie teased in any other Pixar movie?

I'll bet cashmoney that one of the younger sisters is in amongst the kindergarteners in Toy Story 3

#pipe on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    mensch I am pretty surprised by that.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    the story is framed Princess Bride-style and as we are zooming into the modern house which contains the book BRAVE, the delivery truck drives by

bam

That is entirely plausible. Good call.

BLM - ACAB
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That could also be where Ratzenberger is

I mean his voice doesn't really mesh with the whole Celtic vibe going on

but as a dad/uncle/grandpa reading a story to some kids? Oh yeah.

CYpGAPn.png
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Or maybe the Pizza Planet truck crashes from space at the end and real-life John Ratzenberger jumps out and goes "Made it!"

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Apparently the Brave easter egg is in Cars 2. There's a pub in London they crash into and there's a woodcut of humans that people are starting to think are characters from Brave.

4179.full.jpg

Bravel.png

Gatsby on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote:
    the pictures in SSTTITD are unleaded nightmare fuel

I loved these books in middle school, mostly from the art. So I always pick up a volume or two when I can find them, to save them and give them to various nieces and nephews at an appropriate age (which 3 isn't, really). It's also a travesty that THEY CHANGED THE ARTS IN RECENT PRINTS!

Also what am I missing at :45 in the Pirates trailer. Is it the yell, because it sounds so familiar but I can't place it.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote:
    nevermind i'll do it (kind of)

http://youtubedoubler.com/2lu1

There are a couple moments that match up in a fashion which are nothing less than sublime.

So, yeah, basically as far as I'm concerned Pixar is the best movie studio that exists and I am incredibly excited about this.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Druhim wrote:
    Druhim wrote:
    And yeah, Fearghaill is spot on. It's idiotic to say this is Irish Mulan when plenty of works that preceded Mulan also had strong female leads rebelling against a role society expected them to fill. That doesn't make it stale. It's all about how you tell the story, not what the story is. So many people get this completely backwards.

i know, but it's just, does it have to be on her dealing with gender issues just because she's a female and a lead? how many films with male leads are you going to have with males dealing with, i dunno, conscription, or trying to be a good father. like a guy struggling against male social roles. this is pixar's first film with a female lead, i was hoping that they wouldn't feel a need to put a red pen underline for "female"

then again it's just a quick trailer, if spoilers are to believed it won't really centre around her trying to be a soldier or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndeOhhDgHdw

UnbrokenEva on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waiB8mWOJOA

As soon as I heard this song it made me start thinking of Brave. And then the trailer came out like two weeks later! I am hyped!

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    So which character is John Ratzenberger?

all of them

Ratzenberger tour de force

• NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Druhim wrote:

Gee, I dunno. Maybe, just maybe it's because guys don't generally have the same role constraints that women have traditionally had and still struggle against today. So I'd say you're being a pretty silly goose acting like it's such a burden to have a story about a female struggling with her expected role.

I mean, how many stories are there about men with a wife and kids going through a midlife crisis and re-evaluating their life? Or hell, about an underdog that overcomes the odds and fights their way to the top? I don't see you complaining about other premises that are as old as the hills. It's about stories that are relate-able. That's why these themes keep getting revisited. And like I said above, the premise is less important than how well you actually tell the story. Plenty of creative premises that were full of potential have been squandered by poor execution, and plenty of premises that revisit age old themes have been executed extremely well, resulting in an engaging and enjoyable story.

But hey, you want to do something original why don't you make a film about a schmuck who plays soggy biscuit with his friends and then eats the biscuit even though he won? I'm sure that'll be real popular.

jeeeeeesus. where's this come from? there's 0 need for you to go off on one at me, i'm being quite level about this, i think.

i'm not saying it's a burden to have to have a story about this, it's just that you... actually, i'm gonna be repeating myself. never mind. i said already. you mind not being a dick?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Dru's right though. Complaining about a female character having to deal with gender issues is pretty silly specifically because for most/all of human history, strong females have had issues when it comes to society's assigned role for them. Perhaps if it was in a more contemporary setting it would be easier to avoid, but for a movie to set in medieval scotland she's going to have issues with her expected social role unless you want a movie about a scottish princess that does what her father tells her and marries whoever her parents choose for her.

Fearghaill wrote:
    Dru's right though. Complaining about a female character having to deal with gender issues is pretty silly specifically because for most/all of human history, strong females have had issues when it comes to society's assigned role for them. Perhaps if it was in a more contemporary setting it would be easier to avoid, but for a movie to set in medieval scotland she's going to have issues with her expected social role unless you want a movie about a scottish princess that does what her father tells her and marries whoever her parents choose for her.

Please, please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who. We are here today to witness the union of two young people in the joyful bond of the holy wedlock. Unfortunately, one of them, my son Herbert, has just fallen to his death. But I think I've not lost a son, so much as... gained a daughter! For, since the tragic death of her father...since the near fatal wounding of her father... or, since her own father... who, when he seemed about to recover, suddenly felt the icy hand of death upon him... And I want his only daughter to look upon me... as her own dad -- in a very real, and legally binding sense.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote:
    Fearghaill wrote:

Please, please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who. We are here today to witness the union of two young people in the joyful bond of the holy wedlock. Unfortunately, one of them, my son Herbert, has just fallen to his death. But I think I've not lost a son, so much as... gained a daughter! For, since the tragic death of her father...since the near fatal wounding of her father... or, since her own father... who, when he seemed about to recover, suddenly felt the icy hand of death upon him... And I want his only daughter to look upon me... as her own dad -- in a very real, and legally binding sense.

ohgodwhatisthisfromitskillingme

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    monty python and the holy grail

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    That'd be it.. ahhhhh that would've been bugging me for ages thank you!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Better get a bucket, I'm gonna throw up

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    agoaj wrote:
    Or maybe the Pizza Planet truck crashes from space at the end and real-life John Ratzenberger jumps out and goes "The Aristocrats!"

BLM - ACAB
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    why couldn't that have been an onion article and not an av club article

the tomahawk chop

man even as a kid I new that was crazy racist

• worksintheoryworksintheory Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    This is as ridiculous as the shit that Monster Cable does.

worksintheory on
    still

the atlanta braves won't really be able to do much to pixar

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    For those complaining about Scotland having nothing to do with Vikings

you, uh, do realize large swaths of Scotland were ruled by the Norse for long periods of time, right? Modern Scots are Nordic as well as Celtic.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    agoaj wrote:
    Or maybe the Pizza Planet truck crashes from space at the end and real-life John Ratzenberger jumps out and goes "Made it!"

and then BOOM

the Delorian pops right next to it

greatest crossover of our time

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Am I the only one that found the first trailer released far more compelling than the latest one? I watched them both the other day and the new one either feels sloppily put together (I hope) or a showcase of crappy dialog (I hope not).

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote:
    For those complaining about Scotland having nothing to do with Vikings

you, uh, do realize large swaths of Scotland were ruled by the Norse for long periods of time, right? Modern Scots are Nordic as well as Celtic.

just being ruled by them didn't make them Vikings, though! and Scotland was independent by the 12th century anyhow!

edited December 2011
    Who even gives a shit

It's a new Pixar movie

Let's just all be excited about that

joshofalltrades on