As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Presents: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
edited November 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Bogey on

• Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Man this is exciting! I can't wait for the rest.

I'm happy that Gabe is happy and that new and exciting things keep happening for these two.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i really like the coloring in this first page

can't wait to see what the other ones are like

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I haven't really been paying attention to SS

I knew I'd buy it and that I'd enjoy it but until I could play it I've just been ignoring it

this has gotten me really excited though

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    This is now my new background!

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    This is what I want.

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    yes

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    oh god and now I am reading the interview with the development team and they're talking about a boss that can block your sword from any angle and are hinting that the trick to beating him is to swing, stop short, and swing from a different direction to juke him out

fuck I need this game

• Options
    more like SPOILERS RACER

• Options
    if it is in a prerelease interview I think it is safe to talk about!

• Options
    I know I just thought that was funny also jesus christ I need this game three years ago

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I keep reading these interviews
    Tominaga: Sure. I'm Tominaga from the Entertainment Analysis Division (EAD). I mostly worked on the volcano game field and the planning of the dungeons.

photo001.jpg

Iwata: You made the volcano.

Tominaga: Yes, that's right. Thanks for having me here today.

why do I find this so funny

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Is there a schedule for when the later pages will go up? I want to see all of it!

• Options
    Mister KrossMister Kross Registered User regular
    Wow! I really like that drawing and like everyone I want to see the rest. Although his tiny feet are odd :)

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote:
    Is there a schedule for when the later pages will go up? I want to see all of it!

^^^ also wondering this

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2011

Because they keep translating the original Japanese dialogue literally.

Dialogue in that language is weird when you translate it, it's something like

"Hello, I mowed the lawn with the mower today"

"Yes, you mowed the lawn today"

or

"I fed the dog and cat an hour ago"

"Thank you, you fed the pets an hour ago."

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    FyreWulff wrote:

Because they keep translating the original Japanese dialogue literally.

Dialogue in that language is weird when you translate it, it's something like

"Hello, I mowed the lawn with the mower today"

"Yes, you mowed the lawn today"

or

"I fed the dog and cat an hour ago"

"Thank you, you fed the pets an hour ago."

That's part of it

the other is just how deadpan it sounds and how ridiculous it is out of context

"Hi there. I made a volcano."

"You made a volcano?!"

"Yyyup."

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    New page is good. I think I know the direction they're taking with this and I like it.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
  • Options
    think you messed up your image tags there

gallery2.jpg

• Options
    Mister KrossMister Kross Registered User regular
    I'm really liking this. I want the first page as a huge print!

• Options
    bleh from what gabe's saying it's not what I thought it was. so not as fun.

http://penny-arcade.com/2011/11/21/zelda-page-2
    The second page of our Zelda: Skyward Sword comic is now live over on Nintendo’s site.

When we first sat down to write this project we had a hard time. Link doesn’t speak and Nintendo didn’t want him to even have an internal monologue. So the narration had to come from someplace else. After we started playing though the game we discovered what a cool character Gaepora was. He is Zelda’s father and as Dads ourselves, we tried to immagine what all of this must be like for him. His daughter is missing and the only person who can save her is this kid? It seemed like an interesting angle to us and I think the final product is a cool look inside the mind of someone you might just skip over otherwise.

Here are a couple detail shots from the high res version.

i-HdR85b8.jpg

i-z8S23nB.jpg
    I want that second shot as a wall paper

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    He got the colors all wrong on Link in the second panel.
    Screw the green dufus, let's follow Pippit!

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The first high res panel has a bad case of Trenches-nose.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    Well at least it's not trench foot

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Ba dum psh

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Oh, nuts. I was thinking the narrator was going to shift in every page.

• Options
    new pages.... can..... can you do that with your shield O_O hours and hours of fighting spiders, wasted

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Last one is up now.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    solarnoisesolarnoise Registered User regular
    Really fell flat for me... I think they did much, much better work with Automata and Lookouts. Makes this kinda look "bleh" in comparison.