As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

IC Dark Times- Have Yourself a Merry Life Day

SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Critical Failures
The Asteriod Dancer

You are gathered in what was once the lower deck cargo bay of a CEC HWK-290 transport ship, however the vessel's owner has put the room to a new use. Enormous tapestries depicting scenes and species from more than a dozen worlds are lining the walls. A large obsidian colored statue carved in the likenss of a Togruta female occupies the corner. The Togruta's stone body has been traced with elaborate red and white designs and she is holding a curved blade in her left hand.

A large durasteel display case against the far wall holds several interesting weapons. A trio of ryyk blades in excellent condition and what appears to be the hilt of a lightsaber are of special interest. A few antique droids are also arranged around the chamber atop large stands.

You are seated in high backed chairs around an enormous circular wooden table. Dishes and trays heaped with a wide variety of food and drink are scattered across the table. A plucked Ryloth vulture dressed in a dark blue gravy and surrounded by orange root vegtables stands at the center of the table. Bowls filled with salads composed largely of syrup weed, a sticky sweet plant native to Rodia, are arranged within arm's reach of each of you. A steaming bowl of orange soup flecked with what appears to be dark brown moss and bread bubbles heartily nearby.

The door of the chamber opens and Bendu Kreeb steps into the room carrying a datapad in one hand and a dark blue bottle in the other. He moves around the table smiling at each of you as he passes until he arrives at an unoccupied seat next. Settling himself down into the seat hetosses the datapad aside and begins trying to draw the cork out of his bottle. "Sorry to keep all of you waiting for so long butthe Duros labor guild's representative wanted to have a few words with me. He says the Twi'leks have been stealing some of his best contracts with slave labor."

Catching a curious glance from Tissen the elder Duros smiles. "Don't worry I didn't ask you to join me because I need help with the tentacle heads. I have something much more profitable in mind. Assuming you don't mind earning a great deal of credits while you're making the Empire look dumber than a Gammorean."

The cork of the bottle comes free with a loud pop and bounces across the durasteel floor. Bendu pours a large amount of the glittering blue liquid within the bottle into the a glass before setting it on the table. "Ithorian crystal water, seven thousand credits a bottle but it is worth it. The Ithorians claim that it gives them visions of the Mother Jungle. Help yourselves if you care to try some."

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
GM of Dresden Files Low Life
GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
GM of Wyvern Watch
Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
Sakutian on

• immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    ... however, it seems the Duros had interrupted a heated discussion that continued despite his new opportunity. Zero's glowing eye observed Bendu's entrance, even while it's vocabulator continued the debate with a tone more condescending than most would think a droid could manage.

"... and Supporting Item #74: The continuing spread of Life Day celebrations beyond the wookie homeworld ensures that what little cultural value was to be derived from the event will be lost to inevitable commercial exploitation and false symbolism. Reference growing statistics of young organics that associate Life Day solely with toys and Wookie-claus, instead of any historically accurate representation of the celebration's origin."

immortal squish on
    <3
  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    Bendu shot Zero an amused glance. "Droids could never appreciate the holiday. Not a big shock there. It is called life day, you've got to have a pulse to enjoy it I suppose."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Stubborn-minded as only a mechanical brain could manage, Zero's response carried none of Bendu's mirth, "Any celebration commemorating Life Day is illogical and an inefficient use of resources that would be better directed toward more functional industries, such as developing more advanced weaponry that would be capable of directly affecting the battle against 'evil and darkness' that the holiday supposedly espouses."

immortal squish on
    <3
  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    "Life day means more to the Wookies than a chance to celebrate. To them it is a symbol of their hope for the future. It allows them to continue in spite of having their homeworld turned into an Imperial hunting ground."

Bendu shifted in his seat and poured himself a second glass full of crystal water. "That said I wouldn't mind seeing them spend as much time setting aside clan fueds as they do planning for Life Day."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch