As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Occupy Hell: How come 1% of the forumers get 99% of the gifts?! [Secret Satans]

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote:
    Year of the Hare
    13th of December

Dearest friends,
    With the hunting season drawn to a close there has been precious little of curiosity of late. The long dark of winter envelops the land, shortening the days and leaves adventures of valor to mull the year’s events in their halls by night, comforted by the warmth of their fires that push back the Ice King’s fingers of frost nipping at their heels. It goes without my saying that one would rather venture forth into the wilds then stand to in their chambers, cordoned in by winter’s white prison. Of course, one not always needs to seek out glory to have a story to tell! And so begins my tale.

In the midst of ferrying my dearest sister’s worldly belongings from her home in the wilds of Plaistow to my estate in the valley, a courier arrived with two packages, addressed to myself.
    ss2011_01.jpg

He left without a word, simply leaving them at the west side of the manor house. We had been in the midst of moving dear sister’s supremely heavy mattress into the homestead (how does a material that is as soft as a cloud feel heavier then stone? A riddle for the ages), so I had no inclination to investigate the unexpected containers until our toil had been completed, as dear sister’s furniture appeared to be multiplying in our absence from the carriage. But that is a story for another time…

Much later in the day, as I reclined and rested from my troubles the memory of the strange packages crept back into my skull. With renewed vigor I delved into the first box, which despite signs of distress had all of its contents still intact.
    ss2011_02.jpg

A note was found within:
    ss2011_03.jpgss2011_04.jpg

Naphtali,

Contained within your two packages, you will find supplies which I hope will come in handy during your adventures, whether you need a pack, a sword, some health and mana, or some gold! (if the gold melts… let me know and I’ll gladly replace the affected items…)

Enjoy! And have a Merry Christmas!

Sincerely, your friend
    godmode

PS: The Life Savers Storybook has been a tradition in my family for stocking stuffers and they’re my personal favorite, I hope you like it!

The mystery gift-giver now had a name! Sir @godmode! What an unexpected boon to have received such bounty from a noblemen such as him.

The box contained the following treasures:
    ss2011_05.jpg

Ah! Board games to help pass the time in the long winter months! No doubt these contain tales inspired by the adventures of Sir godmode himself! Truly a blessing. My kin and I shall use them to sharpen our intellect before setting out once again at the first thaw of spring.
    ss2011_06.jpg

Next in the box was a Bag of Holding! How could he have known my old bag had been torn asunder by the Redcap my kin and I had fought last spring? Within it I found even more treasure. The three side pouches contained,
    ss2011_07.jpg

Dice forged by elves and dragons,
    ss2011_08a.jpgss2011_08b.jpg

A Critical Hit die with a health potion (very handy),
    ss2011_09.jpg

A mana potion along with several pieces of gold! And if you thought Sir godmode’s generosity ended there, well, what a fool you’d be!
    ss2011_10.jpg

The main pouch was stuffed full of even more gold and potions! My expeditions for the spring are already paid for in full, and well stocked! However underneath them all I found…
    ss2011_11.jpg

What a strange item? No doubt it is meant to train for skill on the field of battle, but the soldier wields a weapon I have never seen before and the container is covered in strange glyphs. I trust my alchemist can decipher what magic this item embodies, but a gift is a gift none the less.

After tailing up my gifts, I noticed a few mentioned by the note unaccounted for. Digging back into the box I found…
    ss2011_12.jpgss2011_12b.jpg

Ah! The precious familial keepsake! Delicious candies and a heartfelt story inside. A wonderful gift. All that remained missing was the sword… of course! The other box!
    ss2011_13a.jpg

Upon opening the final package, a smaller box was contained within. Could it be…
    ss2011_13b.jpgss2011_13c.jpgss2011_13d.jpg

Yes! A marvelous long sword. The craftsmanship of it appears to be of a high caliber, but the blade itself is made of a strange metal… some sort of starmetal? Quite exquisite.

ss2011_14.jpg
    Words cannot fully capture my gratitude towards Sir godmode for this amazing bounty. He is truly one of the finest knight’s the land has ever known, or will ever know.

TL;DR RP

While helping my sister move back home today some packages arrived, I was too busy to look at them until later. When I finally remember about them after all the chaos, I discovered all the amazing and really well thought out gifts @godmode got me! I’m gonna play the heck out of those D&D board games with my friends, probably share all the gold bullion with my coworkers because there’s no way I can eat all that candy, but I’ll save the lifesavers for myself. And I’ll totally use the backpack for carrying… something! Probably at least ferry dice & other belongings to and from Pendragon games my cousin’s group has been running. And I have never had an actual sword before, going to have to look up how to maintain them (the blade was covered in a ton of oil that I cleaned off of it to start, but the scabbard is pretty well lubricated now from it). And Battlefield was a nice gift, my friends have been nagging me to get it and now I don’t have an excuse. Thank you so much @godmode, everything you got me was awesome!

Ho

Lee

Shit.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Now that is how you do a theme gift!

Tomorrow I have to be up early for finals, then from finals I go straight to work for 9 hours. Hopefully when I get home there is something there to cheer me up. Besides the dark and the cold.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    A fucking sword is the bossest of gifts. I gave a little shout when I opened that last spoiler.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Not only is the gift itself awesome, the way that it was presented to us was equally awesome.

Well done, lads.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Legba wrote:
    A fucking sword is the bossest of gifts.

A SWORD IS NOT A TOY. A SWORD WILL KILL YOU FUCKING DEAD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RpbaUU7NI

• Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Such a cool gift. If I got that, I'd be smiling for a week straight. Awesome job!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DrZiplock wrote:
    Not only is the gift itself awesome, the way that it was presented to us was equally awesome.

Well done, lads.

Yeah absolutely. Presentation is 9/10 of the (Satanismas) law!

Legba on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I have a Satans gift for all of you: http://procatinator.com/?cat=36

the song this came up with was Air's Sexy Boy, which I actually love

Now I am just letting it run in the background

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I have a Satans gift for all of you: http://procatinator.com/?cat=36

That site would be awesome if it were, say, corgis instead of cats.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    man these are some amazing gifts!

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    finally caught up on what everyone got

people are as generous and rad as ever

@zonugal how do you like the audiobook for ASOIAF? I'm on book two now and I can't read or watch the show without hearing Roy Dotrice voicing the characters' lines

Squall on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    @godmode that is the best gift goddamn. Good job, sir. So jelly about the sword

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    gifts are out!

welp, no going back now. I've made my decision and hope it was the right one.

Legba wrote:
    Yeah absolutely. Presentation is 9/10 of the (Satanismas) law!

i suck at presentation. it's just something we're all going to have to live with (sorry past, present and future satanees).

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Glad my presentation wasn't too bad. I just didn't want to do a simple "and that's what I got!" post since @godmode clearly put a lot of thought into the whole horde of gifts. Many thanks again man <3

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Forget presentation, it's all about presenttation

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    goal for the weekend: find the tackiest wrapping paper

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote:
    Glad my presentation wasn't too bad. I just didn't want to do a simple "and that's what I got!" post since @godmode clearly put a lot of thought into the whole horde of gifts. Many thanks again man <3

It was my pleasure :D

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited December 2011
    I found the worst wrapping paper (Justin Bieber holiday) mere hours after sending out my gift last Friday, so unfortunately my Satan won't get to experience that. It'll be specially reserved for my brother/sister/future Satans.

Also, that sword gift is amazing! I can guarantee that if I had been the lucky recipient, I would have broken many things or injured myself with it by now. :P

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Squall wrote:
    finally caught up on what everyone got

people are as generous and rad as ever

@zonugal how do you like the audiobook for ASOIAF? I'm on book two now and I can't read or watch the show without hearing Roy Dotrice voicing the characters' lines

I haven't started it yet, but beginning next week I should have two weeks of two hour a day commutes for work so I'm going to use it for that.

I'll let you know what I think though!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    yeah i often make 4 hour trips down to ohio so it is way useful to have something constructive to listen to

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Squall, what you been up to lately?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    the song of ice and fire audiobooks are so fantastic

the fourth one had to be done by John Lee which was a bit of a letdown, but he gets better after the first few chapters

and then Dance with Dragons is back to Dotrice, I think i'm going to pick it up soon instead of re-reading the hardcover

• Options
    Zonugal wrote:

i am buyin a new car and getting married and whoa where did all my money go

how are tricks w/ you

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Rolo wrote:
    and then Dance with Dragons is back to Dotrice, I think i'm going to pick it up soon instead of re-reading the hardcover

This is the best news. I'm going to do that too.

Legba on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Psh.

Audiobooks.

More like Stupid Dumb Baby MP3s For Stupid Dumb Babies.
    Still have not finished the hardcover version of DwD, and it has been six months.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Squall wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

i am buyin a new car and getting married and whoa where did all my money go

how are tricks w/ you

Living at home, working a job, doing professional improv in the evening.

Hoping once this job goes from part-time to full-time I can begin to look at moving out on my own.

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Psh.

Audiobooks.

More like Stupid Dumb Baby MP3s For Stupid Dumb Babies.
    Still have not finished the hardcover version of DwD, and it has been six months.

I have all these books (I read pretty voraciously) that I got for plane trips... but now with my Kindle, I don't wanna lug around books.
    Trying to decide if I just buy my new books for it... or if I buy some old ones too and just donate my books.
    Hmmmmm

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    riddleheroriddlehero Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I've been defeated. Bat-Dan has proven that he truly is a "smart hero" by solving all my riddles and finding all his gifts my secret identity is....
    smart hero

riddlehero on
  • Options
    riddleheroriddlehero Registered User regular
    Just kidding I'm

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Well done sir!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Well done indeed

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Ahhhhh

AHHHHHH

Tacos you are the bestevez!

Thank you so much!

I read the Hellboy|Batman|Starman comic last night and it was so gooooooood.

I piece together the rest of the Riddle Hero thing on Storify and then post a link.

YAY

• Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    I had a blast doing it. You should probably thank heather too. She helped a ton.

• Options
    splendid work tacos

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Rocking job Tacos. My only sadness is that Dino D-Day is too beautiful to run on my poor little laptop.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Amazing job, @SenorTacos! That was a lot of fun to watch. :^:

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    good show sir

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    good jorb there, Taco Man

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    nearly finished with the construction of one of these gifts, and the last one i ordered should come in the mail by friday, so hopefully i can put out the shipment on saturday

might even get to my satanee before xmas!

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Are we doing secret saints this year?

This discussion has been closed.