Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

These Police will serve us a peppery stew...

124»

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    TLB, I am a little confused. You are throwing our the term the worst, does this relieve Wandering of being the worst?

Or is the worst a separate title than the King of Bad Opinions?

the worst is different than king of bad opinions

a throne wandering steadfastly refuses to abdicate

• Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    Guy, I don't know who you are, but you just went into the "cool kids" section of my book for posting love for The Police.

Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
  • ZonugalZonugal Freelance Bio-Exorcist Adam Maitland's Model TownRegistered User regular
    TLB, I expect a 500-word essay answering my question.

In cursive.

Beetlejuice_sig.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Snerkywizards Registered User regular
    I like the word fuck

PIZTDhW.jpg
    Instead of the essay I will get hot for teacher and smoke in the boy's room

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Tef wrote:
    Tox you make a good point and I can see the rationale of why you would say fuck the police based on that rationale.

Lawinator why would you be willing to make a claim like fuck the police if, in fact, the majority of cops aren't corrupt?

Alright, the call of "Fuck the police" has become something more than the simple stringing of those 3 words. It no longer really means "hey i hate all cops" or whatever. It is really an institutional thing now. The corruption is systemic and stains the reputation and honor of the good cops in there, when they are pressured to cover up for other people's mistakes or malicious deeds. They may not be acting in overtly corrupt ways, but they are forced to be complicit in other people's crimes.

Ok then that's cool, I just didn't get this from your first post.

I guess I'm not qualified to make a judgment on the respectives police departments over there in the US, but I have a hard time swallowing the assumption that the negatives of the Australian police force outweigh the good work they do, as an organisation.

I understand the point that fuck the police is now regarded as an idiom for general dissatifaction with the constabulary, as opposed to someone voicing their animosity towards the coppers who make up the force.

• rfilyawrfilyaw Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    ChicoBlue wrote:
    Y
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Spoiler:

rfilyaw on
    ErEX7tY.jpg
    "Daddy knows what he needs, and it's Fart Patrol." - Justin McElroy
  • ZonugalZonugal Freelance Bio-Exorcist Adam Maitland's Model TownRegistered User regular
    Instead of the essay I will get hot for teacher and smoke in the boy's room

Beetlejuice_sig.jpg
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote:
    ChicoBlue wrote:
    Y
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Spoiler:

230px-Sting-FeydRautha.jpg 230px-Sting-FeydRautha.jpg 230px-Sting-FeydRautha.jpg

Three out of Four Stings Approve This Post.

Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
  • FencingsaxFencingsax Bondage Discipline Spider-Man Registered User regular
    Please have mercy.

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it
    yesssssssss I got 3 stings

ErEX7tY.jpg
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    shit can't believe I didn't think of the police connection earlier. That's why Ronnie's the webcomic guy and not me

• FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    A big part of why individual cops can get away with shit like this is probably the esprit de corps among them. You have ONE person who fucks up, and the rest might disagree with their behavior but they sure as hell ain't gonna rat out one of their own.

Which is understandable to a degree.

Police brutality is a problem in pretty much every western country nowadays.

I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    Spoiler:
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Ronnie just copy pasted that Police post from the webcomic thread

just like a webcomicing hack would.
    Spoiler:

zkHcp.jpg
    Sadly I didn't copy paste. I actually got all the links again. Haha.

ErEX7tY.jpg
    ronnie I believed in you

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    godmode wrote:
    e: I really wish I could find more videos of the good cops, but as was stated earlier, no one gives a shit about that. Everyone just wants to see them fucking up.

This isn't even really the case for most decent people. They hate seeing them fuck up, and focus on it in hopes of preventing further instances.

• MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    With all this serious talk going on, I'm surprised we haven't started getting page long quotes from people arguing.

• BrogeyBrogey High Maintenance Santa Monica, CASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    Nope, we're not doing this here.

Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

Wampa Milk lives!!!
124»
This discussion has been closed.