As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

11/19/11, 5:00 EST - The Republican Social Values [Debate], now with 600% more Wingnut!

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    ok....

how does Romney answer this? All the answers so far have been, "I love christ!!!" (other than cain, his was actually human, good, and not contrived in the slightest.)

The answer would actually be the same.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i have a strong desire to smack the living hell out of these guys.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Okay, I muted the thing, are we still on this bullshit question?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    this is.... absolutely heartbreaking, it really is.

but i just had a thought, you have a child with this kind of disease and problem.... how do you not know CPR? how do you need your wife to push you out of the way to do cpr on your baby that's not breathing?

Edit, Yea, Sax. Santorum is talking about his baby Bella, the one with Trisomy 19

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Oh fuck, now I'm sympathetic to Rick fucking Santorum?

Edit: And we're done. Socialized medicine!

Lawndart on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    this is.... absolutely heartbreaking, it really is.

but i just had a thought, you have a child with this kind of disease and problem.... how do you not know CPR? how do you need your wife to push you out of the way to do cpr on your baby that's not breathing?

He mentioned a amp bag, and the bag can be much better if you know how to use it.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Is this thing going to be archived somewhere? Forgot about it and I don't want to start watching in the middle or wherever it is right now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Supreme Court is not unchecked, idiot. It can be hampered by legislation. Santorum does not understand checks and balances.

Maybe he means with today's non existent congress the supreme court is unchecked?

• Options
    And just there, that little bit about special needs kids not getting what the need.

That, you lost it.

Fuck You, Rick santorum. I'm glad your baby is doing alright. But seriously, Fuck You.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:

Well, there's usually a reason people get the crazy eyes. At least for Santorum you can respect that he genuinely does believe what he says, even if what he says is awful.

To me by far the most loathsome guy up there is Gingrich, the only thing he loves is himself.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Oh hey, the moderator is that pollster from those Colbert Report segments. Those are some of my favorite Colbert bits ever.

Came off as a smart and funny guy, even if (I assume) I don't agree with him on anything really.

Talka on
  • Options
    TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    Ramble ramble ramble, DEATH PANELS!

History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • Options
    Kana wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:

Well, there's usually a reason people get the crazy eyes. At least for Santorum you can respect that he genuinely does believe what he says, even if what he says is awful.

To me by far the most loathsome guy up there is Gingrich, the only thing he loves is himself.

Yeah, I've never doubted Santorum's sincerity. It's just that 99.9% of the things he's sincere about are absolutely horrible.

I do wish he'd have left his personal story as just that, rather than trying to tie to blatantly into his "look at my pro-life cred! I hate socialized medicine" pandering.

• Options
    Did he just stare at Gingrich when he said failures?

• Options
    Talka wrote:
    Oh hey, the moderator is that pollster from those Colbert Report segments. Those are some of my favorite Colbert bits ever.

Came off as a smart and funny guy, even if (I assume) I don't agree with him on anything really.

Oh, he's totally a smart dude. That's why he's so evil. He's all about manipulating reasonable people into thinking crazy things.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    And now we're into public confessions, part two. Let's get with the humanizing!

"My biggest failure is that I haven't stopped abortion and overturned Obamacare yet!"

• Options
    CrakesCrakes Registered User regular
    I'm scared to watch. The moment I heard about this I figured that this was basically going to be Santorum's evening to spew his hateful bullshit.

• Options
    Yeah I can't handle this.

Gonna go play skyrim.

• Options
    Really, Gingrich's story of failure was "I accomplished so many awesome things that for a moment it was almost too much even for someone as amazing as me to handle"?

• Options
    I hate Gingrinch's answer in so many ways.

• Options
    Ron Paul's biggest failure is, apparently, his incredible humility.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    Ron Paul's biggest failure is, apparently, his incredible humility.

Oh God, I'm in a coffee shop. Don't make me laugh like that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Let's be honest, this is always a bullshit question.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Let's be honest, this is always a bullshit question.

221514938_xtAqy-L-2.jpg

• Options
    Ugh, Ron, your point was partly lost in your babbling again. Now we have to listen to all these other idiots talk about why we need to change the constitution to restrict gay people without a coherent counterpoint.

• Options
    Actually, Obama said he wouldn't defend it's constitutionality.

Also, that's kind of the point of the Ultimate Appeals Court.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Cain wants to ... overturn the Supreme Court?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Oh man, no one wants this question. That's hilarious.

• Options
    Isn't a common good basically a collective action problem?

• Options
    Cain comes out in support of laws.

Bold.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Question: Should schools teach right from wrong?

Santorum started to have a right answer, but is about to plunge off the deep end.

He went with "School is for the parents"

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Whoaaa whoa whoa, are Romney and Huntsman not here?

• Options
    Crakes wrote:
    Whoaaa whoa whoa, are Romney and Huntsman not here?

Romney doesn't give a damn about Iowa, and Huntsman was not asked.

• Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    This is the jesus freak summit.

Mormans are not welcome.

• Options
    Hmm, I wonder if Romney wasn't asked as well. Not like a Mormon would be especially welcome in that room.

• Options
    Crakes wrote:
    Hmm, I wonder if Romney wasn't asked as well. Not like a Mormon would be especially welcome in that room.

They can't really avoid the fact that he's the frontrunner.

• Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    I'm serious--Bachmann pronounces it "U-nine-ted States."

• Options
    Crakes wrote:

Nah, they wanted Romney to come because he's still the frontrunner. Once he announced he wasn't coming, C-SPAN decided not to bother televising it.

But really there was absolutely nothing for Romney to gain from showing up, and a lot to lose. And Huntsman would come across as WAY too much of a decent human being for this crowd.

• Options
    Last Question: How can Christians go to war?

• Options
    Bachmann is pro-torture, lying again about detention.