Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Meet the Super Trip members!

VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Archives
I figured it would be productive to have a little introduction thread, an icebreaker for those going on the West Coast Supertrip!

So use this thread to introduce yourself to fellow tripgoers, say a little about yourself, and so on... I'll make a little icebreaker template, but feel free to add whatever you want.

Name:
Hometown:
Where you're meeting up:
Why you're psyched about PAX:
Interests:
Favorite game(s):
Anything else!

Moe Fwacky on
3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    here, I'll start it off.

Name: Alex (you can call me Al, Big Al, whatever you like) =)
    Hometown: Sacramento, CA
    Where I'm meeting up: Sacto, CA (It figures! =) )
    Why I'm psyched about PAX: I'm eager to do some gaming before the start of the semester, and to do some Pen & Paper too!
    Interests: Programming (mostly C, C++, ASP.NET), Poetry, gaming, history (especially Asian), politics (I'm heavy to the left one might say), and Philosophy (go Kant! =) ).
    Favorite Game(s): My favorite of all time would have to be Final Fantasy III, followed closely by Fallout 2.
    Anything Else: I'm eager to go on this trip and meet some cool people! =)

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • SnowGhostSnowGhost Registered User
    edited June 2004
    Name: Porter
    Hometown: Phoenix AZ.
    Where I'm meeting up: uh... Phoenix AZ.
    Why I'm psyched about PAX: A gaming oriented vacation: you can't go wrong with that!
    Interests: Film production, screenwriting and cinematography and the application of the cinematic disciplines in the gaming industry. Console gaming. Automobiles (German + fast = euphoria). History, particularly the European theater of WWII on through the Cold War.
    Favorite games: GTA 1, 2, 3, L69 and VC. Radiant Silvergun (Saturn for life, bitchs!)... too many to list.
    Anything else: Hopefully I luck-out and find a job in Seattle.

• Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2004
    Hm. Interesting.

Name: D
    Hometown: Phoenix, AZ
    Where you're meeting up: Phoenix
    Why you're psyched about PAX: I'm going to kick Optimus Rhyme's collective ASS at SSBM.
    Interests: Video games, online stuff, making fun of Mundus.
    Favorite game(s): FF7, Ikaruga, Lunar: SS, Gran Turismo 3, Armored Core series

Fencingsax wrote:
    Death metal hippies: BLARRRGRH!!! PEACE MAN!!11!
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2004
    Name: Aaron
    Hometown: Marysville
    Where you're meeting up: Sacramento
    Why you're psyched about PAX: all that had to be said: woodstock of gaming expos...that and this is all coming together so nicely...I hope to fund the trip by selling vinyl stickers along the road to seattle, and making sure everybody has a "going to pax" sticker on their car!
    Interests: Gaming, Music, Graphic Design
    Favorite game(s): Chrono Trigger, Halo, Soul Caliber series
    Anything else!: I am so stoked to go to this event...it's like all the concerts I've ever been to rolled into a fat gaming magazine and lit with glorious joy with a +2 torch of lighting...Uh, where was I?

• nebula_nebula_ Registered User
    edited June 2004
    Name: Eric
    Town: Chico at the moment
    Where I'm meeting up: Redding
    Why I'm psyched about PAX: I want to get into a pen and paper RPG, probably something cyberpunkish.. i want to check out the cheapass tabletop games too.
    Interests: Games, Programming, Texas hold'em, Blackjack, Anime
    Favorite game(s): FF7, Half-life (single player), Secret of Mana, Zelda, Metroid Prime

and because tycho mentioned Darren Aronofsky today, i have to mention my favorite movie: Pi

• galen_myth1galen_myth1 Registered User
    edited June 2004
    I would like to go also I am in Sacramento...any idea yet on how many people will have cars? I will have my license at least by the date, if not my own car. More info upon request!

"You use weird things"-Dingo from ZOE 2

XBL:MythPlus

anyone for halo? :winky:
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2004
    Name: Erik
    Hometown: Detroit, MI
    Where you're meeting up: Phoenix, AZ
    Why you're psyched about PAX: The gaming is cool, but its the musical guests that cemented my resolve to attend.
    Interests: All gaming, computers in general, anime, reading (lots of non-fiction), comics (Big DC fan at the moment)
    Favorite game(s): Civilization I & III, Disgaea, Red Alert, Worms United, Deus Ex, Battletech (minis), Chess, Mtg, Chez Geek, Munchkin, and Liverpool Rummy (aka Chicago Rummy).
    Anything else!: I was already going to Gencon in Indy the weekend prior to PAX when the chance to extend my time off from work came up. PAX alone probably wouldn't have drawn me in, but between that and the Supertrip and the chance to see some old Air Force buddies... I just couldn't resist! Here is what I plan to do...

Aug 18-22 = Gencon (IL)
    Aug 23-25/26 = Drive to TX to see an AF buddy, see the Grand Canyon, and meet up in Phoenix for the Supertrip (not sure when they are starting... plans are flexible).
    Aug 25/26-27 = Supertrip!
    Aug 27-29 = PAX and see another AF buddy.
    Aug 30-Sept1/2 = Drive home to Michigan (and collapse!)

Yes, I am insane. ^_^ I'll have a co-pilot, just not sure who yet (its too far out for ppl with less forgiving jobs to plan). I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you, although at 30 I'm starting to feel like the grandpa of the group.

This discussion has been closed.