Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: 'That's BULLSHIT.' by Rolo

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited November 2011 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
  Abracadaniel likes this Post written by Brolo
about two years ago
"I bet the Chanukah Zombie knows…"
I remember a dude getting on my case because I was black and he had just found out that Kwanzaa was a made-up holiday, and was holding me personally accountable.

And I was all

FGvfm.png

• TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    I laughed

So hard

At this

I'm serious. I had to explain to the person in the cubicle beside me why I was laughing so hard

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Kwanzaa is a made-up holiday, based on things that probably didn't actually happen?!?

So... Just like all the other holidays then?

History is an account, mostly false, of events, mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers, mostly knaves, and soldiers, mostly fools.
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Its not even really based on things that haven't happened as I understand. Its a holiday that's about being together and loving your fellow man and that's it.

Quire.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Pharezon's human garbage heapRegistered User regular
    Its not even really based on things that haven't happened as I understand. Its a holiday that's about being together and loving your fellow man and that's it.

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    James Dean was the actor, Jimmy Dean was in the sausage business.

James Deen is both an actor AND in the sausage business.
    Secret Satans! Post | Gaming Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist Magic'll respond to the dumbest shit sometimes. Registered User regular
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks License Number 137596Registered User regular
    edited November 2011

If I remember correctly, a crazy racist black guy invented Kwanzaa in the 60s so African Americans would have an alternative to the white/Christian dominated Christmas season.

It's more about understanding and respecting your culture's heritage and history, as opposed to Christmas, which is about reading the news to see how many clerks were trampled to death on Black Friday this year.

SmokeStacks on
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Black Friday

This is exactly the problem right here.

Excision wrote: »
    My girlfriend is going down tonight!

Steam:MichaelLC
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus One day I will kill a god.Registered User regular

If I remember correctly, a crazy racist black guy invented Kwanzaa in the 60s so African Americans would have an alternative to the white/Christian dominated Christmas season.

It's more about understanding and respecting your culture's heritage and history, as opposed to Christmas, which is about reading the news to see how many clerks were trampled to death on Black Friday this year.

Christmas is a month after Black Friday?

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Tox wrote:

sounds about right

“I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby