As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Virtual Console/WiiWare Secret Santa 2011: DONE! Any tips/thoughs for next year?

BTPBTP Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in Games and Technology
Welcome to the Virtual Console / WiiWare Secret Santa 2011 thread!

215555703_5rhju-L-2.jpg

(Fortunately for you, I am not Div.)
********************************************************************************************

Soon the Great Assigning will begin. Keep an eye on your PM boxes as your Santa/Santee info will be sent sometime in the near future.

********************************************************************************************

Welcome to the FIFTH (?!) annual Virtual Console Secret Santa Thread. Thanks to the "Gift" function on the Nintendo Wii's Shop Channel, it is possible to send other Wii owners classic games from consoles of yore, as well as new games created specifically for Wii Ware. Best of all, it means we can get our Secret Santa on!

The process is easy. In a nutshell... first, everyone who is interested in participating joins up and throws their name into the virtual christmas hat. I then will draw names at random for all participants, matching up Santas with Santees. Gifting ensues.

OFFICIAL RULES OF ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION (MUST READ):

Important stuff!

Two rules which must be obeyed at all times: Wheaton's Law, and Gabe's PA Ping Pong Rule #6

If you can't check the links, these two rules are summarized here:
- "Don't be a dick".
- "Players must bring their A game. We will not allow any weak shit in our house. If someone is caught bringing weak shit we will exclaim in a very loud voice “Yo, why you bring that weak shit up in my house!”"

This is how you bring your "A" game.

GROUND RULES:

I am not going to accept anyone with a forum join date later than November 1st 2011. This is to prevent abuse of the Virtual Console Secret Santa program. Sorry, but there is always the risk that someone will join up only to receive a gift without any intention of ever giving one.

SUGGESTED Gift Value: 1000 Wii Points. No one is going to hunt you down if you decide to give MORE than 1000 Wii Points worth of Virtual Console games, but there is NO requirement of ANYONE to spend more than 1000 Wii Points. This is to ensure EVERYONE has the budget to participate. If you go nuts and buy your Santee every N64 game on the service, and you only get an NES game from your Santa, tough cookies!

Gifts are Country Locked. For whatever reason, Nintendo has restricted the Gift feature to people who live within the same country. This means your Santa and Santee will be forumers who live in the same country as you. This is why you must post what country you live in (More on that in a moment). Don't sweat it, I will match people up based on country so there are no problems. Unfortunately, if only 1 person from a particular country participates, that person will not be able to participate. Sorry, but there isn't much I can do about that.

This thread IS mod approved, and by that, I mean I PM'ed a mod asking if I could do this, and I still haven't heard back yet. The way I see it, no response = no objection. HOWEVER, it is not their problem if you get ripped off by some turd burglar who doesn't send out a gift. Sorry, but thems the terms. This is just one more reason I'm encouraging a spending cap of 1000 Wii Points. LET IT BE KNOWN that if you gift something that costs 0 points such as the news or weather channel or the WiiWare demos, you will be considered a deadbeat santa and beatings will ensue. (Please note that if you wish to send these 0 Points items in addition to your gift to your Santee, you are more than welcome to do so.)
If you are okay with all of the above, then here is.....

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

Step 1: Ensure your Wii is capable of accessing the Wii Shop Channel

This is one of those no-brainer rules. If you can't handle this, don't bother signing up. The last thing we need is someone going "Um, I can't connect to the Wii Shop Channel, and I don't know why." at the last minute because that would suck. It would also break the first two rules that must be obeyed at all times.

Step 2: Sign-up

Everyone that wishes to participate MUST post the following information AS SHOWN IN THE QUOTE BELOW:
ADD ME!
Username / Wii Message Board Code / Country / Available Controllers
(Just copy the quote code if you have to!)

These things are very important, and if you do not post all of the required information then you are not participating.

Any additional information you wish to post, put it in a spoiler. Other helpful information includes what games you already have, what games you would like to have, what games you don't want, and how many points you're willing to spend. It will also serve as a nice guide to your Secret Santa as to what kinds of games you like!

Step 3: Fill up your Wii Address Book

This is where I'm going to have to ask for a little bit of extra work from the Santas, but nothing you can't handle. You will notice at the bottom of this OP is the "Grand List of Secret Santas". It is here where I will collect all the information of those who wish to participate. What ALL SANTAS MUST DO at the end of registration is to ADD YOUR FELLOW SANTAS IN YOUR COUNTRY BY THE DEADLINE STATED BELOW. I will be giving you only the Wii number to whom you send a gift by PM. This way you will not know who your Santa is (at least not easily) until you receive your gift, and if there is a problem, it can be worked out discreetly. By having everyone fill in all Santas Wii Message Board Codes, if a Santa were to post that they can't participate after the deadline has passed, it will take minimal effort to fix the problem. And besides, if you participated last year, you should still have all of the codes from last year still in your list.

If you're not sure how to use the Wii Address Book or even find your Wii Message Board Code, here's two sets of instructions to help educate you.

Quick set of instructions: Watch this video, starting at the Wii Main Menu. (I'm not sure why there is something involving the Mii Channel at the beginning, because that doesn't matter.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WIUVhlcZSM

Long and detailed set of instructions: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/messageBoard.jsp#accessAddressBook

Step 4: Fill up your Wii Shop Account with Nintendo Points

Because you can't send gifts without those Nintendo Points!

Step 5: Congratulations!

You are now ready to be one secretly jolly S.O.B.! How does it feel?

DEADLINES

December 16 at 11:59pm Eastern Time: Deadline to Enter. You must post with your correct information BY THIS DATE AND TIME.

December 17-19: Last chance to register all fellow Santas in your country as listed in the Grand List.

December 19-20*: You will receive the Wii Message Board Code to which you will play Santa and give a gift to that 16 digit number.

January 3: Your Santee must receive his or her gift by this date. I'm extending it to January 2 because if you can't get your gift out by Christmas, I think it would still be cool to send it for New Years. How cool would it be to wake up to a new year to find out your Wii is glowing with a gifted game?

After January 3: I analyze the thread to find out who sent/received their gifts and PM those involved where there are discrepancies. Basically, I find out what's up. (They could have sent/received their gift and just not posted about it, as an example.)

January 10: Deadbeat Santas (if any) are announced.

*December 20 deadline isn't set in stone, but it is what I'm aiming for.
Other Important Stuff

Don't complain about who you got for a Santee! Further, don't complain about what your Santa got for you!

If there are any problems, let me know ASAP! PM'ing me is probably best.

I will be linking this thread to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection thread OP, just like I did last year, just in case something strange happens and no one can find it.

The most important rule: HAVE FUN!

I will be updating the Grand List as often as I can, so hopefully nightly(ish). If you want to be extra sure I get your info, PM me.

This all worked out fantastically last year, with no deadbeat santas and nothing but happy gamers all around. Lets make it a 4 year perfect streak!

The rest of this thread may be used to discuss, post what games you have, etc.

Do know that simply posting "I'm in!" doesn't grant you entry. If you've read this far, you already know how to enter, so there's no excuse.

Now let's get festive as shit!

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
BTP on

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Oh I am so in.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • BTPBTP Registered User regular
    Oh I am so in.

Oh you so need to read the OP.

My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
    Oh I read it, the Wii isn't here right now so I couldn't do the official signing up with the colors and such. Plus like any thread it takes a few posts to get it rolling and noticed. Lots of people do not like posting in an empty thread for some reason!

Anyways people, this is the Wii's last hurrah. Wiiware has some hidden gems and all, but the VC is absolutely tremendous. With fans of pasts consoles of all persuasions posting on these forums you can get some wonderful games that you've never even heard about. Yes, even on Sega consoles!

• Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Last year's was kinda disappointing with only five or six participants, and the VC/Wiiware stuff is on a platform that is going to be moot by next year, maybe we should reconfigure this to be part of Steam or 3DS virtual console then MAYBE I'd...

Oh, the hell with it, I'm too full of cheer to pass this up. I'm in!
    ADD ME!
    Niceguyeddie616 /3984 5248 2526 7889 / USA /Wii Remote, Nunchuck, Classic Controller (Normal and Pro), Wii Zapper, Gamecube controller, Motion +

Games I already have

Wiiware
    -Every Bit.Trip game
    -Art Style; Light Trax
    -All the Konami Rebirth games (Gradius, Contra, and Castlevania)
    -Cave Story
    -Megaman 9 and 10
    -Grill Off with Ultra Hand
    -Muscle March
    -Nyxquest
    -Lostwinds
    -FF:CC My Life as a King
    -Strong Bad episode 1
    -World of Goo
    NES
    -Blaster Master
    -Bubble Bobble
    -Castlevania 1 and 3
    -Excitebike
    -Kid Icarus
    -Kirby's Adventure
    -Megaman 1, 2, and 3
    -Ninja Gaiden
    -River City Ransom
    -Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 2j (Lost Levels), and 3
    Master System
    -Sonic the Hedgehog
    Turbografx 16
    -Air Zonk
    -Bonk's Revenge
    -Bomberman 93 and 94
    -Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
    -Detana! Twinbee
    -Gate of Thunder
    -Soldier Blade
    -Star Parodier
    -Ys I and II
    Sega Genesis
    -Alien Soldier
    -Comix Zone
    -Dynamite Headdy
    -Earthworm Jim 1 and 2
    -Gley Lancer
    -Gunstar Heroes
    -Landstalker
    -Phantasy Star IV
    -Pulseman
    -Puyo Puyo 2
    -Sonic 2
    -Streets of Rage 2
    -Toejam and Earl: Panic on Funkotron
    Super NES
    -Contra III: The Alien Wars
    -Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
    -Final Fantasy III (VI)
    -Final Fantasy : Mystic Quest
    -Kirby Super Star
    -Legend of the Mystical Ninja
    -Zelda: A Link to the Past
    -R-Type III
    -Super Castlevania IV
    -Super Mario Kart
    -Super Mario RPG
    -Super Mario World
    -Super Metroid
    -Zombies ate my Neighbors
    NEO GEO
    -Samurai Shodown
    Nintendo 64
    -Zelda: Majora's Mask
    -Mario Kart 64
    -Paper Mario
    -Pokemon Puzzle League
    -Pokemon Snap
    -Sin and Punishment
    -Starfox 64

Games owned outside of Wiiware and VC
    -All Genesis Sonic games via Sonic Mega Collection, also have Sonic 4 on 360
    -All Megamans and Megaman X via their collections on Gamecube
    -Chrono Trigger
    -Final Fantasy I-VI
    -Street Fighter II in just about every flavor
    -Zelda OOT on Gamecube and 3DS
    -Super Mario 64 (on cartridge and DS)

I don't want...
    -The rest of Strong Bad
    -Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, tried this one and it's far too primitive and difficult to figure out without a strategy guide
    -Phantasy Star II, not as bad as above, but still, see above
    -any other Streets of Rage or Phantasy Star games
    -Donkey Kong Country 3

I'll pretty much play any type of game except RTS or Sports games ( the one exception being NHL 95 on Sega), and I'll appreciate whatever I get. You can probably tell by my list that I pretty much own everything worth owning on the Wii for their downloadable stuff, but I bet you can prove me wrong. Happy Gifting!

EDIT: Added my mega game list into this post.

Niceguyeddie616 on
    "Wii's last hurrah"

AFAIC, as long as the Wii can still be allowed access to the Wii Shop Channel after Wii U is released, unless I'm going to be the only one on this board who will continue to own their Wii and not buy a Wii U, I don't see why this can't keep going into next year.

Of course, if next year this will be based on Wii U, then that will mean someone else will have to take over.

"maybe we should reconfigure this to be part of Steam or 3DS virtual console then MAYBE I'd..."

Can you even gift on the 3DS?

My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
    No you can't gift with the 3DS yet.

It's the last hurrah for the Wii because it is being replaced next year. I'm pretty sure the VC will make it over wholesale and they'll just add some new systems to the list so I doubt we'd even miss a beat.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I'm in, just Copy/Paste my info from last year.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    Bump so that more people can see this thread, and so that you remember to get some Wii Points cards if you can since Black Friday is tomorrow.

I refuse to believe this is all we're going to have for participation this year. Post in here and prove me wrong!

My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Oops, almost missed the thread. Would it be kosher to link this in the regular Secret Santa thread to see if that drums up interest?

ADD ME!
    AaronKI / 2352 9327 8465 5101 / USA / Wii Remote+Nunchuck, Classic Controller (Normal), GameCube, Zapper, Motion+

My Gamelist, Avoid list, and Wishlist:
    NES:
    Blaster Master (Thanks, YellowRanger!)
    Kirby's Adventure
    Legend of Zelda (Zelda Collection)
    Legend of Zelda II (Zelda Collection)
    Punch-Out!!
    StarTropics
    StarTropics II: Zoda's Revenge (Thanks, YellowRanger!)
    Super Mario Bros
    Super Mario Bros. 3

SNES:
    Donkey Kong Country
    Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
    Super Castlevania IV
    Super Ghouls & Ghosts (Thanks, maximumzero!)
    Super Mario World
    Super Metroid
    Super Turrican (Thanks, YellowRanger!)
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors (physical copy)

N64:
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Zelda Collection)
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Zelda Collection)
    Mario Kart 64
    Super Mario 64

Master System:
    Sonic Chaos

Genesis:
    Earthworm Jim (Thanks, maximumzero!)
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    Comix Zone (Physical Copy)

TG-16/TG-CD:
    Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

WiiWare:
    Art Style: Light Trax (Thanks, maximumzero!)
    Bit.Trip Beat (PC Version)
    Bit.Trip Runner (PC Version)
    Cave Story
    Lost Winds
    Mega Man 9
    Sonic The Hedgehog 4 (PS3 Version)
    Tales of Monkey Island (PC version)
    World of Goo (PC version)

Please Avoid:
    -Anything that's available on PC like all of TellTale's stuff
    -The other Bit.Trip games
    -Sports/Strategy/Sim/tower Defense games
    -First Party NES games (Love them, but have played almost all to death)
    -Donkey Kong Country 3
    -MegaMan 10

Wishlist:
    I'm up for just about anything and don't have anything specific in mind. I'd love to check out something that you like. Either one of your favorite childhood games, an overlooked favorite, or even just something that you don't think I've played but need to. This request hasn't let me down yet. :D

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
    AaronKI wrote:
    Oops, almost missed the thread. Would it be kosher to link this in the regular Secret Santa thread to see if that drums up interest?

I'll stick my games here in a bit.

I don't know why it might be a bad idea to post in there. If people are in the mood to give the way they are, adding in some Wii Points shouldn't be much of a financial burden. Give it a shot.

My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I was hoping we'd get one of these this year!

I'll look for my info and add it soon.

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for posting this in the main thread, I would have completely missed it this year (again!) if not for that!

ADD ME!
    Willeth / 0389 1329 4256 1115 / UK / Wii Remote+Nunchuck, Classic Controller (Normal), GameCube, no Motion+ yet but thinking of picking one up soon

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Give me a few days to decide if I want in this action or not... My wife has been pretty upset at the random amount of gift giving I've been doing this year since our finances aren't exactly stellar, but i can't help but give!

Hurrah. Operation "Get a few more people worked." :D

urahonky wrote:
    Give me a few days to decide if I want in this action or not... My wife has been pretty upset at the random amount of gift giving I've been doing this year since our finances aren't exactly stellar, but i can't help but give!

If it helps you sell the idea, the spending rarely goes over 2000 points.

Looking at Wikipedia, these are the new virtual console games released in 2011:

NES:
    Mega Man 5
    Faxanadu
    S.C.A.T.

SNES:
    Natsume Championship Wrestling
    Super Bonk
    Mega Man X
    Rival Turf!
    Chrono Trigger
    Super Adventure Island
    Final Fantasy III
    Super E.D.F.: Earth Defense Force
    Brawl Brothers
    Super Adventure Island II
    The Ignition Factor

N64:
    Bomberman Hero

Bomberman Hero, but no Bomberman 64? Weird.

soempty.jpg
    Wow a pretty good list for the year, honestly.

That's not even a game every third week. Good games up there, sure, but it's nowhere close to what it could be.

Willeth, I hope another UK'er wants to be Santa in here for you. This thread hasn't had great luck outside of North America. Thanks for joining in.
    Turkey wrote:
    I was hoping we'd get one of these this year!

I'll look for my info and add it soon.

Is it the same info as in the 2010 list?

Oh, and BTW, I would join if another Canadian comes in and also joins. I just haven't bothered to do so because I'll have enough opportunity just from all the times I'd have to be here updating the OP anyway. :P (But I've also been a bit picky with this too, and I need to reconsider some things from past VC/WW SS's.

My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
    edited November 2011
    Ha, I forgot I could just copy and update last year's info!
    ADD ME!
    Turkey / 5221 5996 5959 4895 / USA / Remote, Nunchuck, Classic Controller Pro, GameCube controller

Stuff I already own
    Paper Mario
    Final Fantasy 3 (6)
    Bomberman Hero
    Ogre Battle 64
    Startropics
    Secret of Mana
    Muscle March
    Majora's Mask

Turkey on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    BTP wrote:
    Willeth, I hope another UK'er wants to be Santa in here for you. This thread hasn't had great luck outside of North America. Thanks for joining in.

Hey, no worries - if we don't get anyone, I'll take a recommendation from someone and get myself something :P

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    Filled my Wii up with points. I am so ready to gift shit!

Now I know I did this one year... But I'm not in the past lists. :(

edited November 2011
    Screw it. I'm in. Gimme a sec to update this post with the correct information.
    ADD ME!
    urahonky / 8812 0986 6761 3066 / USA / Nunchuck, classic, gamecube, motion+

urahonky on
    Also I had a Canadian SS the last time I did it, and was able to switch my region to Canada and gift him a game... Then switch back. Is that not allowed anymore?

urahonky wrote:
    Also I had a Canadian SS the last time I did it, and was able to switch my region to Canada and gift him a game... Then switch back. Is that not allowed anymore?

I've heard that if you change your console region, it dumps all of the points you have on your account and you can't get them back. Not sure if it's true or not.

soempty.jpg
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I would join but if Santees aren't handed out till the 21st I'll be out of town, then I go skiing in Tahoe from the 28th-2nd..which puts me over the deadline :(

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
    Grove wrote:
    I would join but if Santees aren't handed out till the 21st I'll be out of town, then I go skiing in Tahoe from the 28th-2nd..which puts me over the deadline :(

To be fair, I simply just copy/pasted last year's thread. I could double check that scheduling to see how it works out this year, though I don't know if it'd work out in your favour.

My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
    edited November 2011
    Okay! After looking at how Dec 2010 and Dec 2011 differ, December deadline days are one day sooner, with gift-giving ending January 3 (one day later). Does that still work out for everyone?

BTP on
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
    Grove wrote:

I don't mind having to wait if it means you get to participate.

FU7kFbw.png
    BTP wrote:
    Okay! After looking at how Dec 2010 and Dec 2011 differ, December deadline days are one day sooner, with gift-giving ending January 3 (one day later). Does that still work out for everyone?

Yeah I think I could make that happen, or maybe I could just get a Santee sooner. I don't need to receive my gift early, I just didn't want anyone waiting on me!

I'll my official sign up in a bit. Thanks!

Guess I'll add everybody in the opening post tonight and double-check that the folks from last year are still there.

FU7kFbw.png
    edited December 2011
    ADD ME!
    Grove / 4347 3923 5144 0739 / USA / Nunchuck, classic, gamecube, motion+

OK I'm going off of memory since I can't get to my Wii right now:
    SMB 1, 2, 3 and Mario world
    Mario Kart 64
    Star Fox 64
    Ocarina of Time
    Link to the Past
    Secret of Mana
    Sonic 3
    Toe Jam & Earl
    DKC 1
    Street Fighter II
    Ninja Gaiden 1
    Lost Winds
    Balloon Fight
    F Zero
    Super Metroid
    Ice Hockey
    Super Mario RPG
    Bubble Bobble
    Kid Icarus
    Mega Man 2
    Punch Out
    Ninja Spirit
    Soldier Blade
    Legend of Zelda
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Super Empire Strikes Back
    World Heroes

That's all I can remember now. I promise to boot up tomorrow! Life is crazy with xmas

Grove on
    I picked up a Wii Point card today. I am prepared to gift.

soempty.jpg
  • Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    I got my Wii points loaded and ready to go. It's show time.

As for my Santa, huuuuge list incoming,
    Games I already have

Wiiware
    -Every Bit.Trip game
    -Art Style; Light Trax
    -All the Konami Rebirth games (Gradius, Contra, and Castlevania)
    -Cave Story
    -Megaman 9 and 10
    -Grill Off with Ultra Hand
    -Muscle March
    -Nyxquest
    -Lostwinds
    -FF:CC My Life as a King
    -Strong Bad episode 1
    -World of Goo
    NES
    -Blaster Master
    -Bubble Bobble
    -Castlevania 1 and 3
    -Excitebike
    -Kid Icarus
    -Kirby's Adventure
    -Megaman 1, 2, and 3
    -Ninja Gaiden
    -River City Ransom
    -Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 2j (Lost Levels), and 3
    Master System
    -Sonic the Hedgehog
    Turbografx 16
    -Air Zonk
    -Bonk's Revenge
    -Bomberman 93 and 94
    -Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
    -Detana! Twinbee
    -Gate of Thunder
    -Soldier Blade
    -Star Parodier
    -Ys I and II
    Sega Genesis
    -Alien Soldier
    -Comix Zone
    -Dynamite Headdy
    -Earthworm Jim 1 and 2
    -Gley Lancer
    -Gunstar Heroes
    -Landstalker
    -Phantasy Star IV
    -Pulseman
    -Puyo Puyo 2
    -Sonic 2
    -Streets of Rage 2
    -Toejam and Earl: Panic on Funkotron
    Super NES
    -Contra III: The Alien Wars
    -Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
    -Final Fantasy III (VI)
    -Final Fantasy : Mystic Quest
    -Kirby Super Star
    -Legend of the Mystical Ninja
    -Zelda: A Link to the Past
    -R-Type III
    -Super Castlevania IV
    -Super Mario Kart
    -Super Mario RPG
    -Super Mario World
    -Super Metroid
    -Zombies ate my Neighbors
    NEO GEO
    -Samurai Shodown
    Nintendo 64
    -Zelda: Majora's Mask
    -Mario Kart 64
    -Paper Mario
    -Pokemon Puzzle League
    -Pokemon Snap
    -Sin and Punishment
    -Starfox 64

Games owned outside of Wiiware and VC
    -All Genesis Sonic games via Sonic Mega Collection
    -All Megamans and Megaman X via their collections on Gamecube
    -Chrono Trigger
    -Final Fantasy I-VI
    -Street Fighter II in just about every flavor
    -Zelda OOT on Gamecube and 3DS
    -Don't want the rest of Strong Bad
    -Don't want Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

I'll pretty much play any type of game except RTS or Sports games ( the one exception being NHL 95 on Sega), and I'll appreciate whatever I get. You can probably tell by my list that I pretty much own everything worth owning on the Wii for their downloadable stuff, but I bet you can prove me wrong. Happy Gifting!

Still gotta get some points. Think I missed any possible sales though.

FU7kFbw.png
    Niceguyeddie616, uh, can you do me a favour and edit that list into your "ADD ME" post? That's why I'm linking to all of those in the OP. It's so that whoever you get to be your Santee, you can quickly get linked to their all of their info. Code/controllers/games, all in one convenient spot.

That goes for the rest of you! Just edit your "ADD ME" post when you add your games list. Posting to say "Ok, I added what games I have" is perfectly acceptable and even encouraged. (Keeps this thread on the first page, after all. ;) )

My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
    Two minutes ahead of you, BTP. (Really, I added mine about two minutes ago. :P)

soempty.jpg
    AaronKI wrote:
    urahonky wrote:

I've heard that if you change your console region, it dumps all of the points you have on your account and you can't get them back. Not sure if it's true or not.

From what I can recall, that is true. However, I have heard of people switching from Canada to US (or vice versa) and back without a problem (perhaps because of how similar in region they are), BUT I don't want to end up being wrong on that and cause something bad to someone. I don't want to risk someone getting a "Merry Christmas! Your shit is now fucked!" experience because they decided to be in the spirit of giving a little more than usual by being a part of this. I'd rather err on the side of caution, especially this far into the Wii's life with game lists as big as they are being shown here.
    AaronKI wrote:
    Two minutes ahead of you, BTP. (Really, I added mine about two minutes ago. :P)

Somewhere, a Simpsons episode with Mr. Burns going "Excellent" occurred.
    urahonky wrote:
    Now I know I did this one year... But I'm not in the past lists. :(

That might have been before I took over doing this.

My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
    Things to note about me:

I own absolutely nothing in WiiWare(except MLAAK). I love RPGs and games with RPG mechanics. I own a LOT of games for the VC... If it has Mario I have it (LOVED Mario RPG). I have most of the first party Nintendo VC games. I didn't own a Genesis as a kid, but played most of the first party games on it.

Quick list that I can come up with:
    Phantasy Star IV, Phantasy Star, Shining in the Darkness, Beyond Oasis, Secret of Mana, Phantasy Star 2, Mystic Quest, Sword of Vermilion(GOD I love this game), Breath of Fire 2, Super Mario RPG, Phantasy Star 3, Chrono Trigger, Actraiser...

I wish I could just copy/paste them from my Wii. That's only a very small chunk of change I've spent. I'm sure you can find something in there that you like that I'll like.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Kind of want to join, but god, the Wiiware line up is dire. Almost NOTHING good has been added in the last year since I bought My Life As a Darklord, shy of the Bit Trip games.

wVEsyIc.png
    Darklord came out two years ago and there have been dozens of great WW titles since then.

cj iwakura wrote:
    Kind of want to join, but god, the Wiiware line up is dire. Almost NOTHING good has been added in the last year since I bought My Life As a Darklord, shy of the Bit Trip games.

Who said you could only gift software released in the last year?

FU7kFbw.png