As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Planes, Trains and [chat]mobiles

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    TL,DR wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    ahahaahhahhahaha

direct quote from a buddy of mine who is down there that saw an exchange between a cop and a protester

Cop: "We'll let you back in the park once it is safe."
    Protester: "It is safe! It was safe before we had pigs and guns in here! Get that out and the park is safe!"
    Cop: "Ma'am, you're being very rude."

then the cop shook his head and walked away from her

Man, I can't even wrap my head around what it must be like to live in a place with police like that.

Next you'll tell me that they're helpful and give directions and stuff!

i regularly ask cops for directions, they're actually really knowledgeable and helpful on the subject

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    It just took 2 and a half minutes to refresh this page.

Not good.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    It's that time of year again - time to render the honor and obeisance due to one of the very best movies ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWRxPDhd3d0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pu0m9iTo4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIc7nB-yck8

s-JOHN-HUGHES-large.jpg

Thanks, John.

The scene with Candy outside motel in the car....fucking tears me up every time.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Yeah. I think I'll go on a walk.

steam_sig.png
    these are the guys who boarded up the gazebo and won't leave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ODceB73-00

the cops are just ignoring them for now

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Hippies are the worst.

nibXTE7.png
    edited November 2011
    Hmm.

Just got clarification from someone higher up on the food chain. It's not company wide. It's just our DS3 line here is broken and we're on back up service. Verizon has to fix this somehow.

FUN TIMES.

JustinSane07 on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Hello again [chat].

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Hippies are the worst.

Yeah at least when religious nuts get their way we find ways around them like when they banned ice cream sodas on Sunday we came up with the sundae!

This is seriously a thing that happened.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I like lullabies. The ones that were sung to me as a kid were all the right mix of happy and sad. I'm gonna take care to remember them and sing them to the kids I'll have one day.

ftOqU21.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote:
    Hippies are the worst.

Yeah at least when religious nuts get their way we find ways around them like when they banned ice cream sodas on Sunday we came up with the sundae!

This is seriously a thing that happened.

Hippies are like the North Vietnamese, you can't bomb them back to the stone age, they're already there, man.

nibXTE7.png
    Hippies are the worst.

They make us all look bad.

steam_sig.png
  • zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    I like lullabies. The ones that were sung to me as a kid were all the right mix of happy and sad. I'm gonna take care to remember them and sing them to the kids I'll have one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tdY6btAyj8

?

Good song. I was hoping for Stevie Nicks though.

steam_sig.png
    a few protesters and journalists have been slipping in the wet, cold mud around the park

the police have been helping them up and offering them towels and blankets

zeeny wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tdY6btAyj8

?

not quite, no.

ftOqU21.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    One time when I asked a cop for directions because I was lost he flipped out on me and wrote a ticket for my one day expired inspection ticket that I was on my way to get inspected and I was lost because I Couldn't find the place. Thanks cop. Didn't even want to deal with the court just paid the fucking $20 ticket.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pony wrote:
    a few protesters and journalists have been slipping in the wet, cold mud around the park

I take it Canadian police as a breed or more humane than their American counterparts

my grandma sang a lullaby that's become kinda meta

since it's about "the first song I heard was mother's song by the crib" and how it's still a soothing memory throughout life and you hear it quietly from your mother's grave when life is getting hard

and that is one of the first songs I and a lot of people remember and it's still a soothing memory throughout life and will probably be the main thing I remember about grandma after she passes away.

ftOqU21.png
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Pony wrote:

I take it Canadian police as a breed or more humane than their American counterparts

yeah by a lot, it seems

also, the police have now set up meal trucks to give hot dogs and coffee to the protesters and to encourage people to help in the clean-up and takedown of the tents

people are complying

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote:

Slippin' in the mud? That's a pepper spraying

bowen wrote:
    One time when I asked a cop for directions because I was lost he flipped out on me and wrote a ticket for my one day expired inspection ticket that I was on my way to get inspected and I was lost because I Couldn't find the place. Thanks cop. Didn't even want to deal with the court just paid the fucking $20 ticket.

Haha, you're a dope.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Asking for directions? That's a pepper spraying.

edited November 2011
    Canadian Police don't sound very much like police at all.

"Hey, you! Stop doing that illegal thing!"
    "No!"
    "Well I tried, here let me help now."

JustinSane07 on
    bowen wrote:

Haha, you're a dope.

yeah that was... not the smartest time to talk to a cop.

ftOqU21.png
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Pony wrote:

yeah by a lot, it seems

also, the police have now set up meal trucks to give hot dogs and coffee to the protesters and to encourage people to help in the clean-up and takedown of the tents

people are complying

Free food is one of the greatest motivators.

too late dyna the helicopter and crew have already been hired

ftOqU21.png
    Pony wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Pony wrote:

yeah by a lot, it seems

people are complying

Why are there even protests? You all clearly live in a utopia.

steam_sig.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    bowen wrote:

Haha, you're a dope.

yeah that was... not the smartest time to talk to a cop.

The best part is, they usually drop the charge if you show up to court with the pink slip saying you got your inspection.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    we just had a classy case with a local cop.

he was driving on a local street drunk going like 85. Hit 7 parked cars and killed a 82 year old woman.

no charges

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

he was driving on a local street drunk going like 85. Hit 7 parked cars and killed a 82 year old woman.

no charges

What was she doing out at that hour anyway? Probably peddling drugs.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Canadian Police don't sound very much like police at all.

"Hey, you! Stop doing that illegal thing!"
    "No!"
    "Well I tried, here let me help now."

From my experiences as a teen, that's pretty accurate.

"Hey, stop doing that guys!"
    "Relax, we're almost done, we'll leave in a bit."
    "O-okay."

edited November 2011
    So here's my new blimp envelope:
    Dynablimpmk2.jpg
    Versus my first one:

Dynablimp.jpg

It's still not retaining air as well as I'd like but it's much better than the first attempt and the quality of construction is vastly superior. That said, I'm probably going to move away from mylar and onto heat sealable materials for later Lighter Than Air craft because the butt taping/over taping process is far too labor intensive and I think I lose mass advantage with all of that damn tape. Then again aluminized mylar on its own probably retains gases better than uncoated plastic but if there are pinhole leaks and whatnot then that point is moot

Dynagrip on

no charges

We had a townie pulled over by a statey for driving drunk and the townie was hauled off to the state jail for it. Of course, that's not good enough for some people, who are bitching that the townie got "special treatment" for not having a field sobriety test done. Despite the fact the guy is facing charges for drunk diving for all the other evidence.

Pony wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Pony wrote:

yeah by a lot, it seems

people are complying

Why are there even protests? You all clearly live in a utopia.

last year, the police handling of the G20 protests was a clusterfuck

i think they learned a lot from that and are putting that to good use

no charges

...sometimes, picking a fight with the police is just the right kind of protest

there's a reason that like every big european riot lately have been sparked by somebody getting killed by the police

ftOqU21.png
    It occurs to me that that story has nothing to do with Nexus' story.

This discussion has been closed.