As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Win[chat]

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    wandering wrote:
    [Straight Edge for Life...

Wait, no, straight edgers are tools.
    teetotaler for life

mormon-esque atheist for life

Yes! I am such a mormon atheist.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Reach was a prequel. ODST focused on the ODST Hell-Jumpers during the events of Halo 2.

yeah I know but talking about like, how much of a new game it was

ODST is in a wierd place beetween new game and expansion, really

it's halo 3, but with subtle changes to the formula, and a whole new campaign that got more lenghty and beefy than bungie planned

it is also possibly my second favourite halo game

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Elki wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    My love for Nintendo peaked with the Game Boy Advance SP. I have no idea how many hours I put on that piece of goodness, but it was probably enough to earn several advanced degrees.

the DS lite was a damn good piece of hardware as well. And it could still play the Advance games.

I should get one, before they stop making it. It came at a weird time for me when I wasn't playing games, and I already had a Fat DS so I didn't bother with it. I have no idea where that DS is now. I'm sure it's in my room somewhere, or possibly the basement, but I cannot locate it. Anyways, DS lite is something I should get for myself.

My original, clunky GBA got more attention from me than my DS or GC received. It was my gaming device of choice up until I got my PS3 almost 2 years ago, and I got my GBA at launch so... Shit, I played the hell out of that mother for something like 8 years.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    what is this hot lunch you speak of?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Wait, why wouldn't you drink coffee

coffee is buddha's gift to humanity

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Also Anniversary is not in the latest Halo engine. I don't know what engine it is but the graphics are nothing like Reach. Also it wasn't made by Bungie but by 343 Industries, the new Halo factory.

Edit: Yeah the singleplayer is some no-name engine and the multiplayer is actually the Reach engine.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Geez, you guys are seriously overestimating the predicament. i will have to live without a hot lunch. that is not a hard thing. I can totes deal with it without demanding that my mom drop everything and sacrifice her own lunch hour just so she can deliver me some chinese. That would be ridiculous.

oh, lunch. thought it was dinner.

Oh then nevermind. Have a cigarette and a cup of coffee instead. Excellent meal replacement. I mistake that for having had breakfast all the time.

I neither smoke nor drink coffee and also, without power, it'll be kinda hard to make coffee.

Gonna have one o' them powder-based meal replacements, though.

I have made coffee without power, I have made coffee without a heat source, and I have made coffee without water.*

no problem

*not so much "made" as "ate" though

I don't have the instant coffee, only roasted beans.

Roasted beans taste far better than instant coffee when eaten.

Actually munching on a roasted bean is quite good, actually.

dip them in some melted chocolate.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    There are trailers out for a sequel to the Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes movie. I am happy about this.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ODST beat the crud out of Halo 2. It was an extremely good game.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hard to melt chocolate without power but you made me hungry. I'll grab a handful and check if tasty.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2011
    i just saw a hentai image where
    a woman's being fucked and she shoves her hand in her ass so she can give him a handjob 'through' her vaginal canal, from her anal canal/rectum

it's something, alright

Organichu on
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:

not surprisingly since it was the 4th and halo 2 was the 2nd

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I was gonna buy the Anniversary edition but when I saw that it wasn't using the latest Reach engine for the singleplayer I lost interest.

• Options
    Hard to melt chocolate without power but you made me hungry. I'll grab a handful and check if tasty.

I meant like, eating one

just chewing on it

I like it, anyway.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

2 was balls.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    I was gonna buy the Anniversary edition but when I saw that it wasn't using the latest Reach engine for the singleplayer I lost interest.

I am so going to buy it. It counts as made by bungie.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

Halo 1 was better than Halo 2.

• Options
    So Skyward Sword appears to be the spiritual successor to Wind Waker. It makes all the same charming sound effects when you fight mans, you've got all the collectable things like skulls and jelly blobs and such. You got a parachute thing...

Man, this is the game that we were supposed to get back in 2006. One-to-one swordplay, orchestral soundtrack, charming visual design. On one hand, it's really cool that it exists at all. On the other hand, playing it is a little sad. Like a game time passed by. A game that would have been GOTY back then.

A year or 2 ago I'd be excited about this game. But from what I've heard, it is so not on par with every PS3 game I want to get that it doesn't even make the list. Nintendo feels like on its best day it's a year behind the competition, and the Zelda brand isn't enough to get me to the store anymore.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Halo 2 wasn't great, no.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    simonwolf wrote:

Never needed it to wake up, stay awake or be more alert. Always made me feel gross when I drank it.

Edit: Also, I've never been attracted to the weird cult around it. The idea of becoming dependent and needing a substance everyday for my cognitive wellbeing, something that doesn't actually help but brings me back to baseline, is not an appealing idea at all.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hahaha yesssss.

I am the best at fantasy football.

Clinching the playoffs with a victory today

League champ two years in a row (it's unlikely!)? Maybe.

• Options
    Richy wrote:
    There are trailers out for a sequel to the Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes movie. I am happy about this.

Yeah there have been trailers out for months now, where the heck have you been

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

agree

but for odst they've had quite the time to improve shit

I don't think halo 3 could have been as good as it was without halo 2 being not so good. Mistakes and the learning from of same.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote:

Never needed it to wake up, stay awake or be more alert. Always made me feel gross when I drank it.

that grossness is the feeling of all your impurities being flushed out in the wake of coffee's divine entrance

• Options
    simonwolf wrote:

I go back on forth on coffee.

Months go by without drinking it, and then I binge for a couple months on ALL THE COFFEE.

Then I don't see it again for a year.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I need 37.85 from Drew Brees to win my pointless game. This has been a deeply tragic FF season for me.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    simonwolf wrote:

Never needed it to wake up, stay awake or be more alert. Always made me feel tasted gross when I drank it.

DK almost nailed how I feel.

mysticjuicer on
    narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote:

you have never needed to wake up or stay awake?

man

you need to make more questionable decisions about how hung over one can be at work

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:

It was the crew of the Serenity, of course it was better.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

agree

but for odst they've had quite the time to improve shit

I don't think halo 3 could have been as good as it was without halo 2 being not so good. Mistakes and the learning from of same.

Yes but the story was just a lot better, too. When Halo 2 tried to get me to go back into the Library I was like aw hail naw and stopped playing.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    being hungover at work sounds fucking awful

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I really hope the Vita takes off with some great games. I'm staking my mobile gaming hopes on it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Organichu wrote:

I was once still high on e while working day shift behind bar at a restaurant

they kept me on a double shift just to teach me a lesson

• Options
    Elki wrote:
    I really hope the Vita takes off with some great games. I'm staking my mobile gaming hopes on it.

No doubt it'll be better than its competition, but that's like comparing a thorough-bred to a dead three-legged donkey.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Eating a spoonful of peanut butter, a spoonful of nutella and a helping of sushi rice.

it's surprisingly tasty.

• Options
    I find myself actually looking forward to 343's next halo games

mostly because I really do want more of the chief and cortana

I have a certain amount of apprehension, though. I am unsure what they will do with it.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Elki wrote:
    I need 37.85 from Drew Brees to win my pointless game. This has been a deeply tragic FF season for me.

The league leader (who I beat this weekend!) Will drop to 9-3

3 of us will be tied at 8-4

5th place is 7-5

6th will be 6-6

Top 4 go to the playoffs

So while I havent technically clinched (two weeks to go, etc.) It's looking very good for a repeat of last year.

My RBs are my saving grace.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:

you have never needed to wake up or stay awake?

man

you need to make more questionable decisions about how hung over one can be at work

When I've been hungover or just plain sleep deprived at work, coffee has never actually improved my state of mind or productivity. All it's done is make me feel like a car with an engine knock. Feeling off and a little shaky.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

I was once still high on e while working day shift behind bar at a restaurant

they kept me on a double shift just to teach me a lesson

You've got to tell this story. Gather round everyone! *busts out popcorn*

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    Organichu wrote:

if you don't have coffee, sure

I was also really sleep deprivated so I was just chugging espressos like water all day

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.