As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go post in the new STEAM thread, plzkthnxbai

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    You guys haven't gotten your emails yet? My wishlist is already 30 games shorter.

• Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote:
    I wonder why I haven't won my wishlist yet.

I know, right? It just seems so obvious that I'm going to win, I don't know why they're even bothering to delay it like this.

It must be in order to build suspense.

Gabe is hiding behind your sofa, and when you come home he will jump out and yell "SUPPLIES".

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I must be a classy gent since i recieved an invite to the classy gent group. though I don't think I am nearly in the same class of er...classy as some of the other people here

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    I think we were going on a gut feeling of who had been very classy. As someone intelligently wrote earlier, it's not really about how much you spend, some people can afford to spend more than others. But when someone is clearly gifting other people at the expense of games for themselves, that is (to me) the pinnacle of classiness.

I got in because I started the group because the name was too good. So ner.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    In case anyone else is stupid, like me, and couldn't see the option in the Italian purchase page for the Indie Gala, United States in Italian translates to Stati Uniti.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    Can I get an invite to the PA Steam group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pslong009

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    mts wrote:
    I must be a classy gent since i recieved an invite to the classy gent group. though I don't think I am nearly in the same class of er...classy as some of the other people here

Probably for giving me Civ V for no reason - Mega classy.

• Options
    Icemopper wrote:
    mts wrote:

Probably for giving me Civ V for no reason - Mega classy.

When a punk kid on the streets takes a life, it's a crime. Thanks to mts, you'll be one-more-turning it until the end of your days, and you call it classy? Actually, yeah, that IS kinda classy...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote:
    HiT BiT wrote:
    rikdaly wrote:
    Really Big Sky's retro mode is amazing and makes me want to play other side scrolling shooters, is there anything like R-Type on steam?
    You can try Hydrora, a free indie side scrolling shooter:

http://www.locomalito.com/juegos_hydorah.php

now that looks exactly like what I'm after! thanks

This looks like really good times. Downloading.

Thanks for the heads up HiT BiT

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    So am I classy enough for the Classy Gents group?

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    TPSou wrote:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/05/gog-cutting-the-prices-of-most-games-in-half-giving-witcher-wit/

If people hadn't seen that, GOG will be selling Witcher1+2 bundle for $23.99 I would guess it is NA only

Speaking of GoG, does any other 'muricans have any success with using prepaid cards to buy games there? I don't have a bank account or any credit cards, so when I purchase things online I usually go pickup a cheap prepaid at the grocery store. I got all excited too... :(

You may want to go ask in the GOG thread just to be absolutely sure, but I'm almost positive that GOG doesn't care in the slightest about what country your actually from and doesn't have any verification process to confirm the region you select for your account is where you're actually from. If I remember correctly it's almost an inside joke.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So, anyone interested in a lemmings-esque game? I got Your Doodles Are Bugged a few weeks ago as a daily since I love Lemmings and the video looked good. Fun game, and I just got the Indie dealie so I've got an extra key. First to PM gets it.

Edit: Taken by @Kristmas+Kthulhu. Great name, by the way.

DaringDirk on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    nice good looking out hit bit. he noticed saira was on my wish list so he sent me a personal PM letting me know about the indie gala bundle so I didn't miss it. classy gent thank you sir!!

edit: errrm is this a legit bundle? I click to purchase and it takes me to what looks like an italian language paypal page and it wants me to re-enter all my CC and contact info. I already have a paypal account thank you very much and am not interested in signing up for another. also no basic sign in option. seems shady to me.....

Psiberian on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote:
    I wonder why I haven't won my wishlist yet.

I know, right? It just seems so obvious that I'm going to win, I don't know why they're even bothering to delay it like this.

It must be in order to build suspense.

I know, right? It's weird--I just have this odd feeling I'm going to win. And I never feel that way about contests. Bizarro.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Psiberian wrote:
    nice good looking out hit bit. he noticed saira was on my wish list so he sent me a personal PM letting me know about the indie gala bundle so I didn't miss it. classy gent thank you sir!!

edit: errrm is this a legit bundle? I click to purchase and it takes me to what looks like an italian language paypal page and it wants me to re-enter all my CC and contact info. I already have a paypal account thank you very much and am not interested in signing up for another. also no basic sign in option. seems shady to me.....

I was never redirected to any Italian paypal page, but it's absolutely legit

Got my keys last night, though it took awhile after processing the purchase to get them

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Is there a webtool that will take a game and list similar games with a percentage of relevancy? Because I just deleted Jagged Alliance 2 off of my laptop that my mother uses and I'm sorely tempted to ignore Jade Empire for it.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote:
    Psiberian wrote:

I was never redirected to any Italian paypal page, but it's absolutely legit

Got my keys last night, though it took awhile after processing the purchase to get them

Worked for me immediately (getting the keys that is), I think it defaults to Italian if you're not signed in to PayPal. At any rate, I had to choose Stati Uniti to get the language to change to US English.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Is there a webtool that will take a game and list similar games with a percentage of relevancy? Because I just deleted Jagged Alliance 2 off of my laptop that my mother uses and I'm sorely tempted to ignore Jade Empire for it.

Well. There is the Decide-O-Tron app.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Killing Floor's holiday event is starting tommorow it appears. Couple that with the new Defense Grid DLC tommorow as well and I'm wondering if the meta event might start then.

• Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    Indie Bundle == a good way to make me pay for games without even knowing what the fuck they are.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    BusFahrer is pretty cool. He gave me a key for InMomentum.

• Options
    PluffPluff BrazilRegistered User regular
    Indie Bundle == a good way to make me pay for games without even knowing what the fuck they are.

[2]

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Daily is orcs must die.

Funny because I played it for the first time last night and boy is it fun.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Daily is orcs must die.

I sat down to try it out for 15 minutes. 5 hours later I stopped playing because it was getting dark and I had apparently skipped a meal or two.

So yeah, it's really fucking good.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular

I normally only buy them if there's 1 game I want (there usually is, I've bought every bundle so far) this new bundle has Zombie Shooter 2 and InMomentum that I wanted and the other games look pretty good too

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rikdaly wrote:

I normally only buy them if there's 1 game I want (there usually is, I've bought every bundle so far) this new bundle has Zombie Shooter 2 and InMomentum that I wanted and the other games look pretty good too

I liked the pictures for inMomentum and Saira.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Daily is orcs must die.

DLC is on sale too, for those of you who missed it when it was last on Daily or whatever.

• Options
    rikdaly wrote:

I liked the pictures for inMomentum and Saira.

Ditto on inMomentum and Saira for me.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And so it is that Orcs Must Die returns to sale.

It's very fun.

But I get frustrated when I can't figure out why people on my friends list score so much higher than I do.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Is Orcs Must Die DLC worth it?

Disclaimer: I already bought it, but question still stands.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I don't care what kind of games you like.

If you don't get OMD you don't like fun.

Might as well get the DLC's too. The extra levels are great and the extra traps/artifacts can be useful and for less than the price of a candy bar you'll have stuff that'll give you far more enjoyment.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    is this the same price OMD was over thanksgiving week?
    was tempted then but didn't grab it.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Orcs Must Die is is so good. Lots of fun just setting up a trap lineup that will chew things to bits, or just roasting them yourself.

Also the DLC is completely unnecessary but also fun. I feel like it's worth it as a tip to the developer. The 5 extra levels seem nifty, certain a few hours more entertainment. The equipment isn't really groundbreaking, but it's all interesting.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    mts wrote:
    is this the same price it was over thanksgiving week?
    was tempted then but didn't grab it.

Yep, it is.

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Are there any plans for future OMD dlc?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    OMD is very fun and all should own it!

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    For those interested in my current situation, here's today's update:

It's not a decision made by me based on your actions. It's a protocol I must follow everytime an editor fails to use a key for the second time. You're not the first one to get that email. I think **** got those emails too when he was an editor because he lives in Brazil and piracy is rampant in Brazil.

If everything is resolved, then we re-enable your account and send you another email and telling you that you're eligible to receive review copies again.

I know that it can be alarming to read such a notice but those are part of the protocol as *** needs to protect its partners' assets as well.

Let me know if you're in contact with ***** from OVERKILL. I cc'd him everything.

So every time there's a claim about a non-working code, they immediately go into account lockdown? This sounds retarded.

The first response I got wasn't even indicating a suspension or investigation....it straight up said "account termination" followed by "LOL POLICE".

I dunno, I'm still waiting on the outcome before I make any decisions.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

Nope. They've pretty much said they're done developing for the game and have moved on to their next projects.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Really what would make OMD even better is just longer levels, cheaper traps, and more Orcs. Seeing a hallway go from nice and inviting to a death maze of swinging maces, smashers, pushers, arrow walls, spike pits... it's so cool looking!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011

I believe the devs said they're finished with the game.

Edit: Damn!

Lord_Snot on