As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Forza 4] SBC 2012 Season 2: "It's Good Enough"

• lpburk2lpburk2 Registered User regular
    You all can just keep winning. I'll politely drive my car around the track for no apparent reason.

• WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Racing Numbers
    3lwap0 - 00
    Kestrel1 - 01
    Steve Kinsen - 3
    ArcticLancer - 04
    Leevity - 7
    Megapuriobi - 8
    Yorker - 09
    IronSquirrel - 11
    Krylon - 13
    The Deliverator - 16
    Justinsane07- 16
    TurgidWilly - 18
    KDRjaggy - 20
    Nova_C - 21
    basticle - 23
    SkyTurnsRed - 24
    MayGodHaveMercy - 26
    Eclibull - 27
    Blakout - 32
    VeeVee Von Vore - 33
    0Replace4Displace - 37
    Joolander - 38
    TPSou - 41
    Adeptpenguin - 42
    Gridlnkd - 43
    Cathadal - 44
    The Listener - 47
    TRICorp - 5O
    Triple B - 51
    xzzy - 53
    MisterMiles1984 - 55
    Sinjis - 57
    Bear is Driving - 66
    sym007 - 67
    musanman08 - 69
    ::brainproxy - 77
    SiliconStew - 78
    OldManKen - 80
    Blitzace1981 - 81
    Rheologist - 84
    AcidLacedPenguin - 86
    GentlemanGiant - 88
    FenderBender - 94
    VedicIntent - 255
    Wulf - 82
    Stealing #82. Oh, and if I missed Tuesday because I'm a rube, can I still show up for Thursday?

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    indeed. Thursday is best day because I'll be there.

Also, I'm glad it's not yet another list of exotics that cost 1 to 10 million credits, are pretty much completely undrivable, and lame because they all look like extremely expensive detachable penises. Unlike F150 Raptor which is just a BIG AND LOUD AMERICA FUCK YEARH~! penis. Also, Fiero is like "I really want an MR2 but my neighbors will burn a cross on my front lawn if I buy non- 'MURRICAN cars.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    lpburk2 wrote:
    You all can just keep winning. I'll politely drive my car around the track for no apparent reason.

That's what I do. Of course then there's that magical race every once and awhile that doing so means you avoid the massive pile up, which means you actually get a shot at winning due solely to having one of the three working cars on the track.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    Damn. I can't make this weeks race. :( I even have most of the Lambo's too.

In an unrelated note, I seem to have no problems spending XBL points on buying cars. This could get out of hand.

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    December Car Pack in video form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSLWQCARPKQ

oldmanken on
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    That video sold me on the pack much more than I was before. <_<
    Although it also gave a better perspective on the new Maserati Gran Turismo, and I'm much more interested in it as well. It's fun being in the minority of likes.
    Man I can't wait to get my hands on that Suzuki.

• xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    That's a curious line around turn 1 of the Nurburgring. I may have to try it!

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    The Suzuki looks like a forklift. I can't tell if that's good or bad, graphically.

I will probably dig the two Maseratis, though...

edited November 2011
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    That Suzuki looks batshit.

Awesome. Forza has an Escudo equivalent, now!

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    oh god damn it no. Not the Escudo!

So if one of the cars on the S list is in my garage and is already at S700, does that mean if I select it in multiplayer tomorrow night, I can upload my current S700 level? I have no idea what I'm doing here.

lpburk2 wrote:
    So if one of the cars on the S list is in my garage and is already at S700, does that mean if I select it in multiplayer tomorrow night, I can upload my current S700 level? I have no idea what I'm doing here.

Well, that's a pretty interesting way of phrasing it.
    The short answer is "Yes", because we're always racing cars from our own garages, which means any S-class car you own already is fine. As long as you own it, all you need to do otherwise is show up. You'll be able to choose it accordingly when you get into the lobby. It will help immensely for you to already be a member of the PA car club, as it will ensure you get an invite when things start.

edited November 2011
    lpburk2 wrote:

Well, that's a pretty interesting way of phrasing it.
    The short answer is "Yes", because we're always racing cars from our own garages, which means any S-class car you own already is fine. As long as you own it, all you need to do otherwise is show up. You'll be able to choose it accordingly when you get into the lobby. It will help immensely for you to already be a member of the PA car club, as it will ensure you get an invite when things start.

I was under the impression you had to load your preset tuning to the cars generated by the host's list of cars. I could have sworn I didn't see my McLaren on the list last night.

lpburk2 on
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    There's 2 ways to select your cars. Either you go to Select Car and go left in the menu to the option to look at your own garage and choose a car, but the car's current tune as it sits in your garage has to match the lobby restrictions. This list will be automatically filtered to only show cars that match the lobby restrictions. Or go to Load Tuning Setup and pick a car from your garage that has a tune to match the restrictions and load that tune. Unfortunately, that does not filter your initial car list to only those that have a tune that matches, so you just have to remember which cars have multiple tunes.

Unless you select the options to view your garage or the club garage, everything else in the Select Car menu is the stock version of the car.

And you don't choose a car and then load a tune. It's one or the other. You either choose a car from your garage with its existing tune or you load a tune.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    I guess I was looking only at the "Select Car" menu last night, since all I saw was the stock versions of everything. Hopefully I'll do better next time.

Or not. Either way, look for me to be driving aimlessly.

lpburk2 wrote:
    I guess I was looking only at the "Select Car" menu last night, since all I saw was the stock versions of everything. Hopefully I'll do better next time.

Or not. Either way, look for me to be driving aimlessly.

Yeah, just go all the way to the left on the Select Car menu, not through the manufacturers. There should be a "Your Garage" selection, all your (valid) cars should be in there.

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    it's been so long since I've raced with you guys I have no idea if my skyline will actually compete. Also, it might not be the one that was on the list, I chose the Spec V and not the R35, so. . . As a backup I also have one of the RUF porsches that I can run. My skyline is an understeering machine though I've mitigated a lot of that, the porsche is an oversteer machine. . . this will get interesting. . .

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    Hopefully my wife will let me monopolize the TV when I get home from work this evening, really itching to race again...

• BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    On the Alps I remarked "I can't believe no ones hit that concrete wall on the right, where the track splits!"

this was what Stew saw in his mirror the next lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWgEF4oP-Q4

Also remind me never to follow Justin's line ever again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC9IBq0YvbA

steam_sig.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    You know, every time I look at this Diablo I can't help but think of just how iconic Lamborghinis are. They all look the same (kinda), but nothing else looks like them.

For better or worse, Imma drive them as often as I can for the time being. :)

Also, I was worried about handling S-Class. I didn't do that much worse than normal on Tuesday. I was going to spend a bit more time with the tuning on the Diablo for tonight, but alas, no time left. See you guys tonight!

Oh! And my headset adapter arrived. Crossing my fingers that this works.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I'm thinking rocket Mantide tonight.

u4OkoEI.png
  • The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    I'm thinking rocket Mantide tonight.

It's a fun car for sure once you get the hang of it. Be careful though, if you don't drive the car how the car wants to be driven, you WILL end up crashing into a wall. But if you manage to figure out how best to drive it, you will be rewarded.

Fender and I will be doing that LMPC race tonight so I'll be online for the S class thing after 9PM

steam_sig.png
    Excited to finally race with people. Gotta stop fiddling with my paint job though, before it becomes too cluttered :P

• musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    what time we racing and can I get an invite

sic2sig.jpg
    9 Est as far as I can tell. Just kinda waiting for invites to go out myself :)

Arg. Had a power outage yesterday and forgot to fix my NAT. Can't get to it now due to people sleeping in that part of the house so sadly I'm out for tonight.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Well this sort of sucks. Apparently I have a NAT Conflict with whoever is hosting the game this time around and it won't let me join. Been waiting all week for this :(

Oh well.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I'm sad for you guys for being left out too. Perhaps we can have a make-up race Saturday night? I know I would really like to race some supercars ...

• Fender_BenderFender_Bender MichiganRegistered User regular
    Basticle wrote:
    Fender and I will be doing that LMPC race tonight so I'll be online for the S class thing after 9PM

Yup, I'd race with you all, but as always I can't join you guys due to some damn connection issue, apparently it's the NAT this time and not the usual "can't reach this player's system" message.

XBL: OLDFenderBender Steam: [OLD]FenderBender
  • musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    whoever was sending out invites has to be the problem, NAT conflict as well so I got roped into some MW3

sic2sig.jpg
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    We had different hosts with the same problem with multiple other people crashing the lobby.

Clearly we've fallen behind in our goat sacrifice schedule.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    I blame scatman

steam_sig.png
    Basticle wrote:
    I blame scatman

Valid assignment of blame.

oldmanken wrote:
    Basticle wrote:
    I blame scatman

Valid assignment of blame.

sadface.jpg

u4OkoEI.png
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    Scat spammed me with invites for 10 minutes, so I finally put in FM4, join the game in progress, and Spectate 3 laps of Sunset Full. Then we go to start a new race and Forza shits itself when it tries to load the race.

:x

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    Scat spammed me with invites for 10 minutes, so I finally put in FM4, join the game in progress, and Spectate 3 laps of Sunset Full. Then we go to start a new race and Forza shits itself when it tries to load the race.

And on the Nurburgring too, my favorite course. Did you guys ever get it to work? I had to cut out early due to having to cook up some supper. I might be able to make Saturday too, if the connection issues stabilize.

And on the Nurburgring too, my favorite course. Did you guys ever get it to work? I had to cut out early due to having to cook up some supper. I might be able to make Saturday too, if the connection issues stabilize.

We wound up breaking up for the most part. Was cutting into our Skyrim time!

u4OkoEI.png