As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Forza 4] SBC 2012 Season 2: "It's Good Enough"

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Yeah I had to bail too. I wonder what that was all about.

• lpburk2lpburk2 Registered User regular
    Despite watching most of the second race from my wrecked position off the track, I had a good time. Think my wife almost herniated herself laughing as I asked if I was done once I was upside down. Seemed like a legitimate question at the time.

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    yeah I was going to show up last night, but then my two copies of Dead Island showed up in the mail so I played Co-Op with my sister instead.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    Was fun when it worked! The couple of people doing borked car reverse laps was interesting :lol:

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    yeah I was going to show up last night, but then my two copies of Dead Island showed up in the mail so I played Co-Op with my sister instead.

Wait, fuck the what? Why didn't you tell me you were getting Dead Island? That would have made it a legitimate acquisition for me too. Damn.
    Oh well. I rationalized NOT getting it yesterday, and I think it stands - I have enough else to play as it is, and it's a game I might grab once it hits $20-30. Perhaps we can whack some zombies together then.

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    ha, the only reason I bought it was it was $15 off for black friday. So it was pretty damn close to BOGO.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    Yeah, someone has a copy in that math trade I was talking about, so I could have traded a board game for it. It's just one of those things where the board game will retain its value while the video game comes down in price. Good old conflicting markets.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    When I pitted on that last race, it did absolutely nothing to fix the car. :(

I'm hoping to get in on some Saturday action because this Diablo has been so much fun, but I imagine I'll be at work when you guys are racing.

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote:

Pitting only fixes mechanical damage, it does nothing for body damage. Assuming that's what you meant.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    Nova_C wrote:

Pitting only fixes mechanical damage, it does nothing for body damage. Assuming that's what you meant.

I pitted. I came out of the pit and stopped because my engine was still not operating. Everything was red except the body when I came out of the pit.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I still remember blowing through the Ladera pits so quickly in the SBC that my car didn't stop at all.

My pit was the first stall, 15 feet into the pit, and Trans Ams do not stop in 15 feet from 130 MPH.

u4OkoEI.png
    I still remember blowing through the Ladera pits so quickly in the SBC that my car didn't stop at all.

My pit was the first stall, 15 feet into the pit, and Trans Ams do not stop in 15 feet from 130 MPH.

Yes, fancy that, finesse is occasionally required. =P
    But seriously, sometimes the pits are a bugger, I agree. Arguably the worst part is the auto-driving while you're in there. You can just magically lose time as the AI decides to shift you into 1st before handing over control of your car again. :/

So, title update apparently. News here:
    http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood5/
    It's pretty minor stuff. They fixed some bugs with 900 degree wheels, are trying to 'fix' some of the credit glitching out there (although they're vague on how exactly), and removing a number of cars from the leaderboards while they figure out how to revamp the PI system to handle them.
    Yes, it's all the ones that abuse the transmission. I'll be curious to see how some of my lap times go up on the leaderboards now that these cars are gone.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Yeah the Javelin and Super Bee are kinda bonkers on tracks with short straights.

u4OkoEI.png
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Finally, the true power of my Delorean will be known.

edit: I think I might have triggered that wheel glitch with the Wireless Speed Wheel. There's been a few offline races where I get nothing.

LTM on
    Is the plan for next week B-Class? What restrictions?

edited December 2011
    B class of whatever manufacturer we picked?

Maybe we should have a Rainbow Cup. Five classes, D/C/B/A/S. One race in each class.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • groovegroove Enforcer SeattleRegistered User regular

Maybe we should have a Rainbow Cup. Five classes, D/C/B/A/S. One race in each class.

Lets make it interesting: It has to be the same car.

[E]
    axlky.jpg
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    groove wrote:

That is terrifying :/

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote:
    groove wrote:

And I'm pretty sure impossible with most of the cars (going from D to S).

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    Bloodsheed wrote:
    Knight_ wrote:
    groove wrote:

And I'm pretty sure impossible with most of the cars (going from D to S).

There's plenty of cars that can be upgraded from D to S. I'm not saying they'll be competitive (or even controllable) that fast, but it should give us great replays.

[E]
    axlky.jpg
    edited December 2011
    I would request, then, that we start at C instead. :P

EDIT: Uh, problem: My chosen manufacturer has nothing below B-Class as far as I can tell (Not at home, looking at spreadsheet I downloaded from the Forza forums). I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be the only one with this problem.

EDIT2: Why don't we have B, A, S, with maybe an R1? That would be kinda nuts. B, A, S, two races each? This is based on using the same car for each, which, with my chosen manufacturer, I would probably have to do anyway.

Nova_C on
    Nova_C wrote:

EDIT: Uh, problem: My chosen manufacturer has nothing below B-Class as far as I can tell (Not at home, looking at spreadsheet I downloaded from the Forza forums). I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be the only one with this problem.

FWD Swaps activate.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    oh right, sorry, I forgot about the whole brand allegiance thing.

[E]
    axlky.jpg
    Knight_ wrote:
    Nova_C wrote:

FWD Swaps activate.

Can't do AWD -> FWD.

• BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    so what are we doing for next week so I can put it in the OP?

steam_sig.png
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Basticle wrote:

F class, 20 laps. Nurburgring.

The big one. :rotate:

xzzy on
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    I'm going to try and do up some stuff for the manufacturers racing series over the weekend, so we have a plan going forward. So maybe, we should do a one off this coming week?

xzzy wrote:
    Basticle wrote:

F class, 20 laps. Nurburgring.

The big one. :rotate:

And hear Justin complain for 20 slow laps? :)

I can make something up for next week if no one else has anything.

steam_sig.png
    I wouldn't mind one multi-lap race of Nurburgring. At least 2, but I wouldn't mind 3 or 4 if you guys are willing. Maybe put damage on limited, just in case? I guess a 30 - 40 minute race is too long, but I had an absolute blast on Twin Ring when the field spread out. The beginning of every race is crazy tense and then you can settle into a groove once you aren't constantly trying to avoid bumping people.

Basticle wrote:
    I can make something up for next week if no one else has anything.

Something below A-class... I actually like the sound of D-class, but I know that may not be everyones cup of tea. Now that a lot of us are more comfortable driving, it could be interesting though...

I'd be up for a D-Class 80s cheese race. IROCs abound!

• xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Nurburgring is kind of bad to race on because the areas for passing really suck.. you get behind someone you can sit there for several minutes while guys at the front of the race add to their lead.

Camino Viejo Extreme is probably the best long track for multiplayer, because there's more places to pass. Biggest downside is the switchbacks, which always ends up with people getting destroyed.

I like the idea of an 80's era D class race actually

[E]
    axlky.jpg
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Lower class races would be a nice contrast for coming off a Class S supercar week.

I'm not even sure I have a fully setup D class car in my entire garage, so it'd certainly fit the "Drive Something New" idea for me.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    edited December 2011
    80s D class would restrict us to these:

1980 Fiat 131 Abarth
    1982 Delorean DMC-12
    1980 Lotus Esprit Turbo
    1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R
    1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA
    1980 Renault 5 Turbo
    1984 Toyota Celica Supra
    1989 Toyota MR2 SC
    1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
    1984 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
    1983 Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution

kinda bleh if you ask me

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
    There's no IROC? I could've sworn I saw one in the car list.....

Oh, it's 1990. :P

I forget that some "80's era" cars started in the late 70s and continue into the early 90s, and forza likes to use the last model years.

[E]
    axlky.jpg
    Basticle wrote:
    80s D class would restrict us to these:

1980 Fiat 131 Abarth
    1982 Delorean DMC-12
    1980 Lotus Esprit Turbo
    1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R
    1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA
    1980 Renault 5 Turbo
    1984 Toyota Celica Supra
    1989 Toyota MR2 SC
    1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
    1984 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
    1983 Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution

kinda bleh if you ask me

A little bleh, but perhaps we'll get something interesting out of it.

Couple interesting cars in that list. But I'm a sucker for the Renault 5 Turbo, the GTI, and the 242.

Though, none of them are particularly interesting at D class :p

aeNqQM9.jpg