As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Forza 4] SBC 2012 Season 2: "It's Good Enough"

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking of running a DeLorean, just because it'd be hilarious (And I can get the achievement in an online race. :P)

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    You know what, strike that... I'm going to go Nissan Leaf at F-Class, and then limit myself to using all upgraded Nissan's at the other classes. Should be fun!

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    I made a bunch of car with cam shaft and transmission upgrades.

Redlines, who needs them.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Cars have been chosen for all classes. B is the only one I haven't decided one for sure. Going by testing lap times, the original plan was a Mitsu Colt Ralliart. Then that was beaten by what was going to be a "Heh, wonder what this would do at that class"... a Ford '57 Thunderbird. And the Thunderbird beat the Ralliart time on Camino Full, which I've been using for my general tests due to a nice length to variety ratio, by 2 full seconds. My concern with the Thunderbird is the damn thing is so huge (and a little wild in corners) it might be a danger to fellow racers.

This is all depending on whether I can even make it this week, as the cold that sidelined me a couple weeks ago has popped back up as a severe sinus infection. Of course the alternative to racing is horrible pain upon laying down, so I should make it barring too bad of a pain spike.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    I had a Peugeot 207 in B-class i was trying out on Nur GP. Just for laughs I pulled out my B-class city car and was 2 seconds a lap faster. Shedding 1200 lbs makes a difference it seems. Can't really use it though because any contact at all and I'm out of the race.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Oh, this ought to be interesting :lol:

Finally my time tweaking and poking at my DeLorean can do something. F class? Nah, E-C? No way. B Class all the way baby! :P

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    THE RAPTOR

HAS TROPHY TRUCK BODY SWAP CHOICES

SHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

And the Suzuki is fucking apeshit!

Best DLC ever.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    celebrating over 10,000,000 cR earned from selling liveries!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALzDcMDhf2o

mach5.jpg

sorry I haven't shown up lately to the races though. you know, finals

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Joo, we've gotta have a race between my Shooting Star Series 1 and your Mach 5.

Whoever wins or loses and whose name starts with J buys me the Pikes Peak Suzuki.

u4OkoEI.png
    edited December 2011
    lol, I see what you did there

is that the one in the new DLC?

Joolander on
    Yeppers.

u4OkoEI.png
    So I'm an idiot apparently. I thought the classes were R1->R2->R3, but it's the other way around. I only plan to take a Lamborghini to R3. The lowest R-Class.

Anyway, so I've got my cars set, although I'm really unhappy with my B class options. But that's probably because I just spent the last two hours trying to learn how to drift in either an STi or a Supra and I couldn't do it. Either there was virtually no sliding, or I just turned completely backwards. There was no middle ground. Ever. Two hours and I didn't pull off a successful drift once.

Apparently I simply am incapable of doing it.

edited December 2011
    Try an old muscle car with no roll bars. The body roll makes drifting very forgiving. And the metric fuckload of torque keeps bad gear changes from destroying your dorifto.

Give it a bunch of Sport/Street upgrades, don't tune it, and go to town.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    Apparently, a 4 bar drift requires 5000 points from a single drift.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    A-class RX-8, you are my hero. Ha ha ha ...
    Good times to follow.

What the hell is this NAT settings bullshit!

That figures. Finally finish a race in 1st on Nurburgring and the instant I cross the line, Xbox Live fucking crashes and boots me.

Xbox Live is down because they're pushing the new dashboard.

Which looks very much like Windows 8.

You know if I had my way, I would perhaps suggest 50s open top roadsters for next week, because the new Maserati is super fun.

edited December 2011
    yeah

the problem is not all of us can really afford them

[puts on sunglasses, drives away in 50's roadster with feathered hair, scarf, and popped collar blowing in the wind]

oh, by the way, the Mach 5 is up in the Club Garage at [B|500] if anyone wants to drive it and offer suggestions for tuning

Joolander on
    Well, the Maserati only costs $1 million, plus the cost of the DLC of course. The others all start at $3 million, unfortunately.

I saw it last night, Joo. Looks very good.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I tried the new monthly challenge for the Suzuki SX4. I can't say I'm a huge fan of that car on that track. The handling is definitely a little stiff.

Understeers like a motherfucker. I want one in season play to put drag slicks and engine upgrades on it.

u4OkoEI.png
  • groovegroove Enforcer SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'm set up and ready to go tomorrow night, looks like I'm pretty heavy on the December DLC pack. You sure we can't use the Raptor tomorrow?

[E]
    axlky.jpg
    edited December 2011
    I could go for the 50s roadster idea. I've been meaning to buy one for a while anyway. What class would we run? They all start in C, except the 250C which is D, but it's going to take at least B-class to tame them.

58 Aston: $6M
    57 Maserati: $1M
    57 Ferrari 250 TR: $8M
    57 Ferrari 250 C: $3M (include this or not?)
    56 Jag: $3M

I agree the price is steep, but you've already got the Maserati and 250 TR, I would buy the Aston. Just need someone to pick up the Jag. Put them in the club garage and even the peasants shall race like kings.

SiliconStew on
    I would say that B-Class would likely work best, maybe A-Class at a push.

• BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    since the races on tuesday went so fast I added laps and added an A class at the end for tonight

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2011
    So the uh

the Raptor in B500 with ~700 horsepower is kinda terrifying

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    Terrifyingly awesome.

Mostly just terrifying, and that's something coming from me.

You ever try to stop a 5,500 pound truck from 130 miles per hour? Yeah.

u4OkoEI.png
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I should try the Raptor. Sounds like my kind of madness.

Also, are there any cars that are compelling for competing D-class? I'm having a hard time finding something I want to upgrade for the Event List.

Everything in E seems kind of boring, and the Dino I've kept specifically tuned for Cross events. I brought all my muscle cars up to C.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    ugh, saw a 250 Cali on the auction house for 2.5 million, place a bid and it automatically bids 3.1 milliion.

LTM wrote:
    I should try the Raptor. Sounds like my kind of madness.

Also, are there any cars that are compelling for competing D-class? I'm having a hard time finding something I want to upgrade for the Event List.

Everything in E seems kind of boring, and the Dino I've kept specifically tuned for Cross events. I brought all my muscle cars up to C.

69 Toyota 2000GT, 71 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R are my favorites for that class. But any of the lightweight FWD cars work well, even if they are boring.

edited December 2011
    I found the most terrifying thing in the game.

under Rivals Track Days theres one at Le Mans where you drive R1 and the traffic is R3. 200mph most of the way and theres hundreds of cars in your way.

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
    Basticle wrote:
    I found the most terrifying thing in the game.

under Rivals Track Days theres one at Le Mans where you drive R1 and the traffic is R3. 200mph most of the way and theres hundreds of cars in your way.

Getting 9/10s through that and having a fucking BMW sideswipe you, invalidating your lap, is the worst thing.

u4OkoEI.png
    It's gotten so quiet in here... is everyone playing season trying to save money for next weeks 50s roadsters? :)

Targa Arcadia added to OP. I made a logo for a similar event back in Forza 3, I'll put it on my storefront, just search for my gamertag or the tag penarc

steam_sig.png
    So just out of curiosity, are we planning on doing an SBC?

u4OkoEI.png
    Hm, if I'm able to show up this week, I'll definitely be using the club garage. I have $500k and that's the most money I've had in game so far. :P