As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Forza 4] SBC 2012 Season 2: "It's Good Enough"

• BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    next week (though I guess it can be either)

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • groovegroove Enforcer SeattleRegistered User regular
    Basticle, this all sounds good, but I have a few requests:

Can we allow race suspension, so we have some adjustments?

Also, can we allow wheels, as long as they don't break a certain PI?

[E]
    axlky.jpg
    respectfully, no. the purpose of the rules I came up with was so that everyone has the exact same car, the only thing you can tune is the braking.

steam_sig.png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Just allow wheels in general. 2 PI won't win a race. I hate not being able to paint my wheels black.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Whining, the American way!

I'm sad I can't make this though. Or at least I'm pretty much 99% guaranteed I can't. I would love to participate. Great car, great conditions.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Finally took the plunge--found a good deal on the Limited Edition (which, crazily enough, does seem pretty limited in terms of availability) that I couldn't pass on.

Sadly, I am no farther in my F3 career than I was when F4 came out. At least this time, I won't have waited years after the game came out to start playing. Or that's what I tell myself.

edited December 2011
    I'd also like to make a minor request for non-forza body mods. It's another thing that shouldn't effect the race, I just like to make things looks pretty.

Edit, except for rear bumpers, it looks like that actually gives a PI bump

groove on
    [E]
    axlky.jpg
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    I'd prefer if it was the week of the 26th through 30th though I'll understand if y'all want to do it next week.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Basically everyone is super vain about their cars and want to make them pretty.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    Basically everyone is super vain about their cars and want to make them pretty.

yeah, I'll admit that's the only reason for me.

[E]
    axlky.jpg
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    gotta be careful with aero components though, they tend to have invisible effects on drag/downforce and stuff. Though I imagine the effect isn't going to be big enough to be the deciding factor in this kind of racing. . .

also, gotta have my volk TE37s in gaudy hot pink.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I seem to recall my Genesis in F3 with a front bumper mod actually went faster once that was damaged.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    Well, I have my paintjob mostly done
    Forza13.jpg

[E]
    axlky.jpg
    I've ammended the rules. custom rims ok but stock body panels. also moving NSX Cup to December 27/29. What do you guys want to do next week?

steam_sig.png
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    On the one hand, those upgrade priorities are basically how I roll with every one of my cars.

On the other hand, I stick aero on every damn thing (I have spoilers on city cars, people... I have a spoiler on the Leaf!), and have grown overly comfortable with my "As long as I can control it, I can hope the faster cars crash" tactic.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    these cars only have 290HP, if you spin out or lose control maybe you should play this game with human hands and not blocks of wood.

steam_sig.png
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I put a spoiler on the Lexus CT200h. Its a spoiler on a spoiler.

Boo, conceding to the masses ...
    I enjoy the natural beauty of many a car. I've barely changed the rims on any so far, and you'll almost never see me running with aero. Love her for what she is, not what you can make her.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    jesus scat, that tune you put on the Mach 5 instantly shaved 3 seconds off my time on the alpine course

so when are the 50s roadster races tonight?

Joolander on
  • MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    Next week should just be another "whatever you've got in each class below R3" thing since it'll be a busy week for most.

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I get home in 2.5 weeks. Once I get home I'll Start organizing the SBC.

edited December 2011
    Joolander wrote:
    jesus scat, that tune you put on the Mach 5 instantly shaved 3 seconds off my time on the alpine course

so when are the 50s roadster races tonight?

9PM EST or slightly later.

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2011
    nevermind

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    Got my NSX painted:
    6518598133_82f949a803_b.jpg
    6518598087_3b1db73942_b.jpg

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    the fujimi kaido replay is up on my storefront for those that wanted it

if someone could make a clip of the finish between veevee and I that would be great

Joolander on
    Joolander wrote:
    the fujimi kaido replay is up on my storefront for those that wanted it

if someone could make a clip of the finish between veevee and I that would be great

I have the replay as well. Later I'll at least make a clip of that first turn *shakes fist at Groove*, and if I get a chance I'll get one of the finish too.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I think my Renault 5 Turbo is still broken from that Fujimi experience.

I hope we have an excuse to go back to these roadsters, I really enjoyed racing my Testa Rossa.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I enjoy the natural beauty of many a car. I've barely changed the rims on any so far, and you'll almost never see me running with aero. Love her for what she is, not what you can make her.

boo, "natural beauty" psshaw, everyone knows a girl in a good pair of heels is like 99% better than without.

boo, "natural beauty" psshaw, everyone knows a girl in a good pair of heels is like 99% better than without.

I agree with Arctic, specially since the forza aero is awful, and most people choose terrible rims. :p

aeNqQM9.jpg
    If "terrible rims" includes TE37s I'm going to have to fight you.

This is one way in which I do not think Knight is crazy.

I just want to chip in and note that it's all a matter of taste. I'm not set to any particular rim style. Generally, if I switch them up, I look through 90% of the list picking out one or two that I enjoy how they accent the car. That said, I'm sure the TE37s are horrible and look the worst on everything ever. So sure.

No, I kid on that last part and you know it. I have no idea what rims you're talking about. I could well be a fan. They might be on one of my cars right now. Maybe even two cars.

edited December 2011
    Volk_TE37_SCM.jpg
    they come in a wide variety of colours and fitments.

but anyway it's not that I'm disagreeing with you, just amending:
    Love her for what she is and her hellaflush heels, not what you can make her.
    sstp-1106-02-o%2Bstreet-warlock%2Brear-fender.jpg

I'd certainly use more manufacturer's wheels if they weren't like 80% the weight of dubs and lexanis. Unsprung weight and all that.

acidlacedpenguin on
    It burns us.

The base color is ok, but I prefer thinner spokes. Dymag 9 spoke is my go to rim if I have a car with real bad rims.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I'm totally okay with those. They remind me of those Enkei rims we used to use because they were the heaviest racing rims in F3.

As an aside, your heels analogy doesn't work for me. I generally hate heels. It's 100% better if the girl just has long legs to begin with. =P

that's something you can't fix aftermarket and you know it.

but let's get back to the crux of this argument, you consider these to be "naturally long legs" 800px-Honda_NSX_red.jpg

because to me those look like amputated-at-the-ankle dwarfish legs... and those are generally good looking factory wheels.

Old-school American Racing and the Buddy Club wheels in black go in every field.

u4OkoEI.png
    edited December 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRf3sc6VoOQ&feature=youtu.be

To give context, I point out in the lobby Ratling has picked a Syclone. Groove jokingly picks a Hummer, Bast jokingly starts the race. I express my fear that they will run over my poor little Stratos. I start in first and Groove cuts through the pack to hunt me down. Shortly before the clip, I see him behind me and say "I'm just driving as fast as I can to escape the hummer."

Cue the hairpin. Cue me braking. Cue Groove not braking even a little bit.

Bloodsheed on
    Bloodsheed wrote:
    To give context, I point out in the lobby Ratling has picked a Syclone. Groove jokingly picks a Hummer, Bast jokingly starts the race. I express my fear that they will run over my poor little Stratos. I start in first and Groove cuts through the pack to hunt me down. Shortly before the clip, I see him behind me and say "I'm just driving as fast as I can to escape the hummer."

Cue the hairpin. Cue me braking. Cue Groove not braking even a little bit.

I was in tears laughing for the whole race after that.

[E]
    axlky.jpg
    That 2nd shot with the hummer chasing the stratos, oh my god. I laughed for minutes.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    that might be the funniest video we've ever done

steam_sig.png