As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fantasy Signups Now Open [BASKETBALL]

• simosimo Registered User regular
    there will be a link on the league page

bugss2.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Should be a link on the league homepage. That's how I got in.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I completely forgot that Big Baby was starting for Orlando and added him after the draft.

It looks like he has lost some weight as well.

6BiKC.jpg

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Aww man, sorry guys, I totally missed out on this! Too distracted by The Old Republic, now I have so many Clippers! Also, I hate Melo so who wants to trade me for him?

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I have to say, for the lack of big names on my team, it looks really good.

Only real question mark is going to be how well Kidd holds up through the season, but everyone else is solid.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I played TOR right through the draft. I'm okay with that.

Wouldn't be opposed to making a trade for a Warrior. Curry, Ellis, Lee or Wright. As long as it's balanced.

I would like to win but I'm also watching 50+ Warrior games this season. Need to root for a homer.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I was busy during the draft too, that's my bad.

I autodrafted Lebron, Kevin Martin, Kevin Garnett, and Anderson Varejao, though, so I don't feel all that bad.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yeah sorry I missed it, although it looks like I'm far from the only one.

Also my team is a big ?, I know nothing about these dudes except Dirk and Serge.

Jimmer had 21 (4-6 from 3)

gotta feeling he might be coming off my bench soon

$2.5 Million for one year seals the deal for Baron Davis to join the Knicks.
    After finally getting the championship ring that eluded him for so long, Mavericks small forward Peja Stojakovic is calling it a career, officially announcing his retirement on Monday.

• PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    Bogey wrote:
    Aww man, sorry guys, I totally missed out on this! Too distracted by The Old Republic, now I have so many Clippers! Also, I hate Melo so who wants to trade me for him?

I will trade you one Metta World Peace

pmdunk.jpg
    ps derrick favors with 25/12 tonight

here he cooooomes

pmdunk.jpg
    Maximum and I have proven that fantasy peace is possible, finalizing a trade just a week before we square off for a fantasy football championship.

Also I've got bigs on top of bigs now so if someone wants to do a trade for a point guard I'll listen.

Thanks Peen, I've been wheeling and dealing all week and finally got someone to bite on a trade.

Gay for Dorell Wright. Goose no likey
    Gay for David Lee. Hjor must not check his emails
    Amare/Felton for Monta/Bosh. Xehalus slapped that down.

I gave up a metric shit ton of boards by losing Love but the additional steals, fg%, and 3's from Curry will balance that out I hope.

Now I have a jillion point guards which is fine, I'll wait for somebody elses to get hurt then trade for a big.

Dudes were just hoarding the top PGs in that draft. One dude's got CP and Nash, anther's got Westbrook and DWade. 'S crazy.

edited December 2011
    I wish it would update that Glen Davis is on my roster, instead of McRoberts. It does say that he's on my team, though.

The trade wasn't bad, but I'm not too high on Felton in Portland yet.

Xehalus on
    I think it will update tomorrow? I dunno how it works to be honest, I added a guy this morning and was just as confused as you are.

I had an add/drop that it isn't showing yet. It shows it on my lineup for tomorrow so I assumed that Yahoo was just being slow.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'm actually excited to see the wolves this year, it'll at least be fun to watch

Starting two point guards and three power forwards, cause why the fuck not?

Peen wrote:
    Maximum and I have proven that fantasy peace is possible, finalizing a trade just a week before we square off for a fantasy football championship.

Also I've got bigs on top of bigs now so if someone wants to do a trade for a point guard I'll listen.

Awesome timing by me with that trade 8 hours ago. I turn on the preseason game and see Curry getting carried off the court.

I should be the gm of the Clippers.

I feel a little bad about that but it happens, sorry bro.

So not only is Curry injured but appparently Monta was sending dick pics to a former employee of the team.

Shaping up to be an awesome season.

Ellis was recently selected as a team captain for this season.

I wonder if I should have accepted that trade.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Watching that on a TV at the mall here with a crowd of onlookers who couldn't believe those two official reviews both went Utah's way didn't quite make up for attending Monday's game, but I'll take it. They were all but sure it was Portland ball both times and I figured the refs would agree, but nope. More people stop and watch when it comes down to the final shot that would move on if it were well out of reach.

And either way, Utah's got to figure out how to get the ball inbounds and across halfcourt more reliably. You're up 8 with two minutes to go, and then:

1:23 84-90 Jamaal Tinsley bad pass (LaMarcus Aldridge steals)
    1:13 86-90 Jamaal Tinsley bad pass (Gerald Wallace steals)
    0:56 86-90 Josh Howard bad pass (LaMarcus Aldridge steals)
    0:12 89-90 C.J. Miles bad pass (LaMarcus Aldridge steals)

SabreMau on
    Jamaal Tinsley is still in the NBA?

I feel really bad for you guys.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Tinsley still had the same number assists as the starting guards combined

That number was three

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    he actually looks really solid. it's a nice pickup.

pmdunk.jpg
    SabreMau wrote:
    Watching that on a TV at the mall here with a crowd of onlookers who couldn't believe those two official reviews both went Utah's way didn't quite make up for attending Monday's game, but I'll take it. They were all but sure it was Portland ball both times and I figured the refs would agree, but nope. More people stop and watch when it comes down to the final shot that would move on if it were well out of reach.

And either way, Utah's got to figure out how to get the ball inbounds and across halfcourt more reliably. You're up 8 with two minutes to go, and then:

1:23 84-90 Jamaal Tinsley bad pass (LaMarcus Aldridge steals)
    1:13 86-90 Jamaal Tinsley bad pass (Gerald Wallace steals)
    0:56 86-90 Josh Howard bad pass (LaMarcus Aldridge steals)
    0:12 89-90 C.J. Miles bad pass (LaMarcus Aldridge steals)

To be fair, they were using the end of the bench while portland still had their starters on the floor. I don't know why they were so determined to win a preseason game.

pmdunk.jpg
    Nets C Brook Lopez will be out for an undetermined time with a stress fracture in his right foot.
    Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry received some good news from Wednesday's MRI exam on his sprained right ankle.

Tests revealed Curry didn't sustain any ligament damage in Tuesday's exhibition loss to Sacramento.

edited December 2011
    Yeah, I was pretty stoked when I saw that on the news last night.

He'll still sprain it seventy hojillion more times this season but what can you do.

Maximum on
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    oh boy, Kobe hurt and now Brooke Lopez hurt

my team will only have hurt people at this rate

Pfft. You still have Ricky Rubio, what are you worried about?

edited December 2011
    If there is one thing Kobe does, he plays through an injury and still brings 20+ ppg.

Xehalus on
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Maximum wrote:
    Pfft. You still have Ricky Rubio, what are you worried about?

I am a fantasy sports cursed tiki idol

only bad things will happen!

Hjorvarthr on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    The Utah Jazz traded veteran center Mehmet Okur to New Jersey Thursday for a future second-round pick and a trade exception.

The Salt Lake Tribune has learned that Okur was completely caught off guard by the deal and is unhappy about it.

The Tribune will continue to update this story as it develops.

W6jVs.png

The Heat are the chic pick and to be honest it's hard for me to argue with it. I mean if it was my job to pick who I thought was most likely to win I'd probably pick them.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    my pick is lob city

This discussion has been closed.