As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    the main issue with telluric currents is that on fights where you have a significant amount of time to cast LB at the boss, you probably don't really need mana very badly anyway. On most of the fights where you do need mana, you don't have time cast very many LBs. Also taking currents usually means dropping two points in acuity, which has some impact on mana regen via resurgence. If you go far enough to get precision you give up more stuff.

There have been some fights that are well suited to using currents, but not that many really. There just aren't that many fights that feature large amounts of time in which you don't need to be healing.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    White hawkstrider, get!

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Joshmvii wrote:
    Jubal77 wrote:
    LOL got called out for having hurricane on my 2h Deathwing Sword in LFR. I simply stated im saving up for Landslide and proceeded to demolish the other Arms warrior who called me out. Wasnt even close. The tentacle did 3.6 mil dmg on that fight... its pretty insane.

You should've been called out for speccing Arms in a raid. P.S. I'm just kidding, because I have no idea if Arms is a legit pve spec since 4.3.

Lol yeah it feels weird to me too. With the 4.3 nerf to Fury I had to play damn near perfect to get respectable numbers. As Arms all I am doing is mashing 3 buttons and weaving in a few CDs. I read that people went Arms with this sword so I figured I'd give it a shot in LFR. Think I ended up at about 41k dps on madness still wearing some 359s. Fun to not have all those buttons to mash.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So I grouped up with a friend from guild to knock out some arena games so I could conquest cap for the week. I think we went like 8-1 (I could have gotten hot streak if not for that 1.. grrrrrr.... fucking DK/Paly combo)

P.S. - Blood DKs are bullshit in PvP and should all die. That is all. Also Holy Palys that can bubble and heal to full.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    So I discovered that apparently the TLPD had its timer reduced (where in some cases it's spawned within a couple of hours of Vyragosa going down).

I guess I know what I can do now when I'm done with dailies and LFRs on the characters than can run it :P

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    The Thing about TC is that it's cumulative. You don't need to spam LB to get them most out of it. I usually do RT GHW, GHW LB.

It's a six of one situation though. You could make a case either way.

Lot of info about tv on lifeingroup5

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I really can't get enough spirit on my druid. Sure, most the time I finish a fight with plenty of mana, but since I only do PUGs on him, my groups are definitely not consistent in performance and sometimes fights go too long or people take too much avoidable damage and I find myself getting dangerously low near the end.

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote:
    I'm really curious how No'kaled isn't a Rogue weapon.

Ummmm, except that No'kaled is a rogue weapon.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=78481

Look, it even says right there. "Classes: Rogue, Shaman"

You didn't actually even read the post did you?

Maybe you didn't read the original post where all your snarkiness is directed.

I.e. when the guy was talking about a combat rogue needing on "SOULDRINKER" and how that wasn't really a rogue weapon. But you know, it's totally cool to do something yourself and then chastise others for doing it, too.

Aye the Souldrinker, str 1hnd sword - I only mentioned the combat rogue when rolling on No'Kaled because I was happy it was a 1 in 2 shot after they limited the axe to rogue/shaman rather than 1 in 10 with any ole dps rolling because they saw the need button.

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    So the Koreans kicked everyone's ass in the race to world first, by what looks like will be a large margin. And people are screaming about it not being legit, or about al of EU being banned for exploiting, or that somehow having double Firelands raids for 6-8 weeks somehow gave them an advantage when they have the same amount of heroic kills the US and EU players have.

Hilarious. I want to hear the nerd screams from their kill. I always enjoyed hearing Paragons cheers and For the Hordes cheers being in another language. I wonder if the Koreans show as much pride and joy as being #1 or if they are all reserved and its just a bunch of "good job guys"

• Options
    Buddies wrote:
    So the Koreans kicked everyone's ass in the race to world first, by what looks like will be a large margin. And people are screaming about it not being legit, or about al of EU being banned for exploiting, or that somehow having double Firelands raids for 6-8 weeks somehow gave them an advantage when they have the same amount of heroic kills the US and EU players have.

Hilarious. I want to hear the nerd screams from their kill. I always enjoyed hearing Paragons cheers and For the Hordes cheers being in another language. I wonder if the Koreans show as much pride and joy as being #1 or if they are all reserved and its just a bunch of "good job guys"
    They all just quietly alt tab back to the SC2 games they were in the middle of winning during the boss encounter in WoW.

• Options
    I'm not shocked:
    # Zul'Aman
    Amani'shi Warbringer's damage has been reduced by 12%.

Amani'shi Medicine Man's summoned Protective Ward health has been reduced by 60%.

When an Amani'shi Scout is alerted, he now idles for 1 second before running to summon reinforcement.

Amani'shi Reinforcement's damage has been reduced by 15%.

Amani'shi Flame Casters' Fireball Volley now inflicts less damage.

Jana'lai's Flame Breath ability now inflicts less persistent fire damage.

In Dragonhawk form, Daakara's Flame Whirl spell increases fire damage taken by a lesser amount.

Daakara's Creeping Paralysis now inflicts less damage.

# Zul'Gurub

Berserking Boulder Roller's Boulders now inflict less damage.

Bloodlord Mandokir's Decapitate cooldown has been increased by 5 seconds.

Gurubashi Shadow Hunters are now immune to Disarm.

Gurubashi Shadow Hunter's Shadowed Shot ability now inflicts less damage.

Gurubashi Blood Drinker's Blood Leech ability now inflicts less damage.

Lesser Priest of Bethekk's Shadowflame ability now inflicts less periodic damage.

High Priestess Kilnara's Wave of Agony now deals less damage.

Jin'do's Twisted Spirit health has been reduced.

Jin'do's Twisted Spirit damage has been reduced.

Jin'do's Shadows of Hakkar now inflicts less damage

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    forty wrote:
    Buddies wrote:

They all just quietly alt tab back to the SC2 games they were in the middle of winning during the boss encounter in WoW.

You win this thread forty.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    ZG/ZA was nothing but a cockblock for new players at this point.

got lumpy in my first package.. on my second char.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Jars wrote:

Boo hiss just tons of hot wheels for me

I really don't know why they made Za/Zg a few points behind the raid gear when it was as hard or harder

• Options
    Jars wrote:
    ZG/ZA was nothing but a cockblock for new players at this point.

Definitely, which was why I wasn't shocked it got hit with the nerf bat.

I got lumpy in my 3rd package on my Paladin.

He came with the Clockwork Robot, so I was able to get the FoS with it too.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It took them this long to nerf Jindo? That fight was ridiculous in a pug because no one would fucking kill the shadows.

Also I hate all of you that got Lumpy.

Edit: LOL they put Deepsea Sagefish in schools. About three patches too late there Blizzard.
    Edit2: Good, they also fixed Hagra's ice waves spawning instantly. That was shitty.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote:
    It took them this long to nerf Jindo? That fight was ridiculous in a pug because no one would fucking kill the shadows.

Also I hate all of you that got Lumpy.

Edit: LOL they put Deepsea Sagefish in schools. About three patches too late there Blizzard.
    Edit2: Good, they also fixed Hagra's ice waves spawning instantly. That was shitty.

I expect that in 5.0 they'll put lavascale catfish in pools too :P

• Options
    Gurubashi Shadow Hunters are now immune to Disarm.
    That's an odd buff in a sea of nerfs.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Just read an interview with tom Chilton who admitted that they backed the wrong pony for Cataclysm. "People want to play but aren't at the point in their lives anymore to support a hardcore schedule."

Yes, this and other startling revelations in this month's issue of "Duh!"

• Options
    wrath was successful. I don't know why they abandoned it and went back to super hard content.

though there is still a part of me that misses BC(except for the endless trash). but that's because I loved BM and it hasn't been viable for the pat mmm 4 years.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Jars wrote:
    wrath was successful. I don't know why they abandoned it and went back to super hard content.

though there is still a part of me that misses BC(except for the endless trash). but that's because I loved BM and it hasn't been viable for the pat mmm 4 years.

Because the hardkorz bitched at them

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote:
    Jars wrote:

Because the hardkorz bitched at them

And they were loud enough that Blizzard confused the minority with the majority.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ultimately the problem with Cataclysm wasn't difficulty I don't think. The problem was lack of resources. It seems abundantly clear to me that they pulled a large majority of their team off WoW to work on Titan. You could tell just by looking at how half-assed professions were. I mean, there were so many flat out BAD decisions and dumb "they would have caught this if they weren't spread so thin" things, on top of the lack of endgame content (focusing on leveling experience had to be done, but probably not at the expense of end game - they should have just committed extra resources to the project if they were going to do that).

Hell, look at Dragon Soul. It's 99% existing art assets. I think the only new art (aside from a few doodads here and there, or messing around with existing stuff like blowing the roof off Wyrmrest) are Spine and Madness of Deathwing (of which only Deathwing himself is new). The spikey orange tentacles may have also been new but they were clearly modeled off existing tentacles. I'm not sure about Ultraxion (other than he is clearly modeled off other dragons's bone structures). Of course, I suspect Dragon Soul is related to them realizing they fucked up and moving more resources to Mists rather than Titan. I'm sort of ok with that I guess - the fights are generally "ok" at least, so old assets don't bother me much.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I could have told them it was a mistake beforehand. I only would have charged the price of 100k subs for one month.
    Warlock82 wrote:
    Ultimately the problem with Cataclysm wasn't difficulty I don't think. The problem was lack of resources. It seems abundantly clear to me that they pulled a large majority of their team off WoW to work on Titan. You could tell just by looking at how half-assed professions were.
    To be fair, professions are half-assed in every expansion.

forty on
  • Options
    All I can say is that I'm having several orders of magnitude more fun in 4.3 than I have throughout the entirety of Cataclysm. The feedback for the LFR has been overwhelmingly positive according to 'the Blues', so that certainly seems telling to me.

• Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote:
    All I can say is that I'm having several orders of magnitude more fun in 4.3 than I have throughout the entirety of Cataclysm.

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote:
    All I can say is that I'm having several orders of magnitude more fun in 4.3 than I have throughout the entirety of Cataclysm.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Agreed. I've actually seen raid content for the first time in uh.. Ever.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    forty wrote:
    I could have told them it was a mistake beforehand. I only would have charged the price of 100k subs for one month.
    Warlock82 wrote:
    Ultimately the problem with Cataclysm wasn't difficulty I don't think. The problem was lack of resources. It seems abundantly clear to me that they pulled a large majority of their team off WoW to work on Titan. You could tell just by looking at how half-assed professions were.
    To be fair, professions are half-assed in every expansion.

Not as bad as Cataclysm. I mean, Leatherworking and Blacksmithing (and probably others) you couldn't even fucking make anything while leveling. The mat requirements on the greens are absolutely insane and the items are replaced instantly by quest rewards anyways. Hell, they didn't even bother to stat them, they are all just random stats. They gimped the shit out of Inscription, Archeology was a disaster, they fucked up fishing with the aforementioned Deepsea Sagefish thing (at least for casters)... Engineering and Alchemy are the only two they really got right - it's clear they are the only two with any time actually spent on them. The rest felt like they were just going through the motions.

Edit: For what it's worth though, I agree that 4.3 is pretty ok. I like Raid Finder a lot (at least after they fixed most of the loot issues), which is amazing. I expected it to be a complete disaster.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I'm just saying you could make a similar sized list of "things they fucked up" about professions after both TBC and WotLK came out.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Halfmex wrote:

It blows my fucking mind that they're just now seeing this after how successful WotLK was.

I mean, what kind of dipshit could have looked at the numbers, I'm sure they had, of the number of players seeing the content of WotLK, even looking at how many did everything except Ulduar, the token "hardcore" raid of the xpack, and said "this is great and all but the hardcorez are bitching, so we should make everything off limits again like it was in vanilla".

And then seeing the nosedive in subs (relatively speaking, the game isn't in any danger of dying) with Cata in the past year, it blows my fucking mind that investors aren't calling for the heads of the people on the WoW team that made said decisions. Because they were clearly and obviously shit.

Blizzard has admitted for years that the hardcore are an absurdly small % of the paying playerbase of WoW. A 3 year old could figure out that you aim to please most of the players, not the ones that scream the loudest.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote:

Meh. Holiday times always cause a slow down but doing normals we are already finishing on the 2nd day. LFR is nice but I get aggravated easy in it. How hard is it to push a damn button to not take Hour dmg, or to not run between ice crystals before the ice spikes come out or to not kill more than one tentacle or too not stack two of those adds up to nine stacks after killing more than one tentacle. All the while you have someone yelling over RW the correct instructions but appearently for the LFR population it isn't enough. I find myself just sitting in Org waiting for queues to pop to cap VP. Which is butt ass easy now too.

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I'm waiting to see which game lowers their sub fee first.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my experience with cata was when it came out everyone was all 'holy shit cata is so amazing the revamped zones blah blah', but I wasn't playing and didn't buy into the hype. then 2 weeks later not a peep about cata.

now that I finally reactivated my account after some 21 months I'm glad I waited so long. the revamping of 1-60 did.. nothing really. it's different than the old world, but I can't say it's any better. and boy did it cost them in resources that could have been spent on 80-85 and end game.

Jars on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Well, 1-60 is substantially better in Cata than it was before.

however considering you can get through 1-60 in like what, a dozen hours /played? it was an effectively trivial amount of content, for the players, for the amount of effort they put into it. They would have been much better served just fixing the shit that would have been obviously broken via flying in the old world, and leaving the rest the way it was. Having a somewhat prettier world to fly over, because face it, that's all you'll do post 60, didn't warrant how little there was to do at 85.

It's like they thought that somehow the 1-60 updates would appease the "casuals" when, again, someone with even cursory access to basic player metrics I'm sure they have should have raised their hand and said "uh...no?" Consiering it still takes longer to get from 60-80 than it does from 1-60, yeah...

So so so many just head in the sand decisions that are just so difficult to wrap my head around.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    I still haven't done any of the new 1-60 stuff except for Peacebloom vs. Ghouls (once) and when I leveled a Worgen to like 10 in the beta.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote:

My problem with PUG runs and Jin'do wasn't that, it was telling and retelling people, "When you're targeted for a jump, GET ON A BUBBLE" and they still wouldn't because they were so focused on killing ghosts all over the platform away from chains, we'd have 2-3 wasted jumps and bubbles still up.

• Options
    SabreMau wrote:
    Warlock82 wrote:

My problem with PUG runs and Jin'do wasn't that, it was telling and retelling people, "When you're targeted for a jump, GET ON A BUBBLE" and they still wouldn't because they were so focused on killing ghosts killing the berserker away from chains when the tank is screaming at them not to and the healer's definition of kiting is "shuffling forward a couple of steps", we'd have 2-3 wasted jumps and bubbles still up.

Fixed for my experiences with Jin'do.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Like I've always said, once Wrath let the difficulty cat out of the bag there was nothing they could do to get it back. GC fucking hated that he ruined the game's difficulty with Wrath and so he resolved to fix it and ended up going too way far in the opposite direction. Fortunately that overcompensation means in MoP they can lower the difficulty from where it is some but still keep it higher than Wrath and not have near as many people alienated by it since the majority of people deal in relatives so to them it's "easier."

This discussion has been closed.