As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super[chat]

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    I never played through most of X-2 but it has the best ATB system and the best or second best overall battle system of all the Final Fantasies.

And really the whole fanservice weeaboo complaints about FFX-2 are way overblown. What I played of it was fun and fast and wasn't the total fanservice people make it out to be.

(Apolo)'gism.

Most people dismiss X-2 as fanservice without adequately explaining why.

And if you actually played it and dislike the battle system, I feel bad for you. It was pretty insane, and pretty awesome, and by far the best Active Time Battle system of any FF. It puts FF7, FF8, and FF9 to shame in that regard. Anyone who disagrees is absolutely stupid. Or lying, because they probably didn't play it.

Most people just dismiss it based on the YuRiPa karaoke intro thing. Which is sad, because that is not totally reflective of the tone of all of X-2, not even the little bit I played. That would be like basing all of FFX on a few youtube videos of Rikku.
    I got to this scene and then I put down the controller and stopped playing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDQcuO_16aQ

...I need to play X-2 again.

I know, right?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ludious wrote:
    Not body size. I am big but I can fit in a normal seat. I am really not that "Wide". Some extra small old theater seats give me trouble. Money is usually a limiting factor yes, desire to travel? Nah not really I love going new places.

On the ground.

Actually, I've been thinking about this. Have you ever been in a coach seat on a plane? That is not a normal seat. It is a very very small seat. If you are over 300, then you will not really fit. I'd add "unless you're 6'5" or something" but if you are that tall you're also going to not fit!

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    I hate flying

it's such a pain

the security is lame and getting there 2 hours early is lame and the seats are tiny and shitty and the whole experience blows

Whereas on the train you can put your feet up or play cards with the person across from you and drink a beer and don't have to wear a seatbelt and you save like $50-100.

You just have to be willing to spend more time traveling.

Which is fine by me, I'll catch up on my reading.

yeah

I have to travel back to CA fairly frequently for work

that's a 40+ hour train ride

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    unless i'm flying singapore airlines or somesuch, my plan for long-haul flights has been to drug myself to sleep

aRkpc.gif
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I don't think I could ever do a 14 hour flight again. I'm incapable of sleeping on a plane (or anywhere but in a bed) and I'm just generally miserable. I was so dehydrated by the end, it was ridiculous. They'd only give me 4oz of carbonated water every few HOURS. It was crazy!

My fiancé's family is paying for our honeymoon on the condition that the destination is a surprise. I am looking forward to the "who even knows how many" hour long flight to Goa.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Also, straight truth, I need to stop living in apartments.

Fuckin' electric stovetop, really?

Get out of here.

Give me fire or give me death.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Not body size. I am big but I can fit in a normal seat. I am really not that "Wide". Some extra small old theater seats give me trouble. Money is usually a limiting factor yes, desire to travel? Nah not really I love going new places.

On the ground.

Actually, I've been thinking about this. Have you ever been in a coach seat on a plane? That is not a normal seat. It is a very very small seat. If you are over 300, then you will not really fit. I'd add "unless you're 6'5" or something" but if you are that tall you're also going to not fit!

Are they smaller than seats you'd find in a coliseum or auditorium? Because I can just fit in those, and I consider those the smallest seats on the planet.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Flying is expensive and I'd rather spend the money on something else.

I could buy a plane ticket, or I could buy a telescope that will last me until I die.

experiences in our lives stay with us forever too

or you can stare at stars that will never have any impact on your life

Oh snap.

I don't have any desire to accumulate expensive experiences.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    I've been flying since I was a swaddled babe

the thought of never flying is alien

Yeah, same here.

I'm less comfortable hailing a cab than I am taking an international flight.

exactly

you never have to wave your arms about and feel like an idiot while everyone ignores you while flying

unless you're crew, in which case that is exactly what you do

fuck gendered marketing
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i stopped being annoyed by flying when i became more casual about timeframes

i used to be so fucking paranoid about missing a flight and give domestic flights 2 hours of breathing room, internationals like 3-4 hours

now i don't

i show up like an hour before, if that

ain't never missed a flight

and the tsa stuff ain't so bad for me

i just wish philly's airport were closer

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

I could buy a plane ticket, or I could buy a telescope that will last me until I die.

Oh snap.

I don't have any desire to accumulate expensive experiences.

fair enough

I didn't mean that to be an oh snap thing, I got carried away. you should enjoy what you enjoy.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    Look at this shit.

This shit is crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fz2dD-HGjA

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    I'd have to be in a reasonable enough frame of mind to do that Thom. I'd have already freaked out and made some rash decision by then.

Lud, when your fear puts you at risk for cratering your life, then perhaps it's time to ponder professional help. I can understand a fear of flying. My fear of snakes is in that league. But my job doesn't put me at much risk of contact with snakes.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Hey guys

I heard we were taking about flying

I came as fast as I could but I was stuck waiting on an escalator

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

On the ground.

Are they smaller than seats you'd find in a coliseum or auditorium? Because I can just fit in those, and I consider those the smallest seats on the planet.

The problem isn't really that the seats are small as it is that they pack you like sardines. Three guys my size would at least be a bit uncomfortable sitting in a row.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    i stopped being annoyed by flying when i became more casual about timeframes

i used to be so fucking paranoid about missing a flight and give domestic flights 2 hours of breathing room, internationals like 3-4 hours

now i don't

i show up like an hour before, if that

ain't never missed a flight

and the tsa stuff ain't so bad for me

i just wish philly's airport were closer

Printing out your boarding pass from home/your phone/ an touchscreen terminal is fucking the best thing

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

But stars are so pretty!

Flying...all you get is little fucking kids kicking the back of your chair and Japanese business men farting like crazy.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Look at this shit.

This shit is crazy.

weather balloon!

aRkpc.gif
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

On the ground.

The seats are about 17" across and packed right the fuck together. I'm sure your butt would fit in the seat physically but that's about it.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Anne McCaffrey died? :(

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    how can you sleep on a plane

i just watch every film that i havent seen while eating all the pretzels

obF2Wuw.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

On the ground.

In that ballpark. Lud, as long as the doc hasn't told you to go to a weigh station to be measured then you'll fit. It won't be comfortable. It's not really comfortable for anyone but you'll be more uncomfortable.

I hate sleeping on a plane. I can do it but I always get a crick in my damn neck.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    I'd have to be in a reasonable enough frame of mind to do that Thom. I'd have already freaked out and made some rash decision by then.

Lud, when your fear puts you at risk for cratering your life, then perhaps it's time to ponder professional help. I can understand a fear of flying. My fear of snakes is in that league. But my job doesn't put me at much risk of contact with snakes.
    I have a counselor. I've worked out a lot of stuff and issues, but I just don't see myself dealing with or overcoming the heights thing any time soon.

Heights is how I learned fear. When I think back it's literally the first thing I remember being afraid of. Before the boogeyman even

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote:

Get out of here.

I know this pain narwhal

I know this pain

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i've done the 14hr flight thing

a couple of books and something to work on really helps

those planes with the on demand thing in the seat are really nice too

some make you pay though which is dumb

919UOwT.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    down with cramped seats and security hassles

bring back sexy stewardesses and flowing liquor

heights are kinda scary but falling from a skyscraper would be pretty badass

I'm losing weight rapidly, that part doesn't matter anyway. It will be a non issue in 6 months

how can you sleep on a plane

i just watch every film that i havent seen while eating all the pretzels

I just lean against the window and close my eyes.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    yeah

I have to travel back to CA fairly frequently for work

that's a 40+ hour train ride

Yeah, that doesn't work.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Speaking of flying I flew to this place:

0peVf.jpg

a few months ago. The most spectacular flight I have ever taken, thats for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenzing-Hillary_Airport

I thought our picture captured it pretty well too, my friend took it with his phone

lud are you 350 yet

Organichu wrote:

When I was flying to Texas, I kept staring out the window and I got the overwhelming urge to jump because you know that drop has to be insane.

My problem on a plane is that my shoulders are 16" across from blade to blade. I am taking your arm rest!

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    the longest set of flights I ever had was 27 hours, with layovers

Organichu wrote:

my worst nightmare would be comical to most but it involves me just falling and falling

landing in a swimming pool, going right through the bottom

and falling through the sky even more

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Gooey wrote:
    i've done the 14hr flight thing

a couple of books and something to work on really helps

those planes with the on demand thing in the seat are really nice too

some make you pay though which is dumb

Packed a ton of shit for the flight to St Lucia. Played Bookworm on the seat back screen the entire time.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    desc wrote:
    BeNarwhal wrote:

Get out of here.

I know this pain narwhal

I know this pain

When I'm at work, I have the best tools, appliances, stoves, ranges, etc.

I come home to this POS

No inspiration, no desire to cook

Well that's not true, but it's the only place where cooking isn't constantly enjoyable.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Michael J Fox wants there to be BTTF remake. He says they need more shakeycam

2/10.

"Michael J Fox wants to be involved in a BBTF remake. He says they need someone to hold the camera."

4/10

"Paul Greengrass is remaking Back to the Future and they've already tapped Michael J Fox to hold the camera."

5/10

"Michael J. Fox is not starring in the reboot of Back to the Future. He has Parkinsons."

I know this is super late but that's the first in this chain of jokes that made me laugh out loud

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    ronya wrote:
    Look at this shit.

This shit is crazy.

weather balloon!

I am not at all comfortable saying evidence of ETBE. But not a weather balloon.

This discussion has been closed.