As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super[chat]

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    wait what

you're supposed to leave room for people to climb by you on an escalator? Fuck that no way that's dangerous

that is totally the rule

you stand to the right if you're not gonna climb

what the shit is this misinformation

you stand to the right and walk on the left

that's what he said

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Well, I'm gonna go back to New Vegas now.

Honest Hearts, here I come. (I'm already like an hour or two into it.)

Is it racist that I (New Vegas Honest Hearts spoilers):
    keep accidentally killing Dead Horse tribals? They all look the same to me. I accidentally killed Follows-Chalk the first time I saw him. And I accidentally killed another one later on.

yeah
    i bet you think they're all russian

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    wait what

you're supposed to leave room for people to climb by you on an escalator? Fuck that no way that's dangerous

that is totally the rule

you stand to the right if you're not gonna climb

what the shit is this misinformation

you stand to the right and walk on the left

That's what Nerd just said.

he edited it!

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Stand on the right, walk on the left

This is how escalators work and have always worked and to suggest otherwise will earn my impotent wrath.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    I have never in my life even seen someone try to climb past other people on an escalator in real life outside of some zany movie set in a mall

Do you ever take the subway in a big city?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I edited my post :3

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    When I was seventeeeeeen,

This game came ooooout (and what a fantastic game it is/was)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcNjAp8urW4

I thought it said "Outed Island". I was like "...is that were all the people forced out of the closet go or something?"

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    welp

sorry I hold onto both rails

and do no matter what

fuck heights

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    oh and Winky related to your inqury about integers and countability this is an interesting proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert's_paradox_of_the_Grand_Hotel

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Mim wrote:
    Tourists in Philly are the best. I love seeing them run up the stairs at the art museum to do the Rocky thing.

Yeah; I did that two weeks ago.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Ludious your caution amuses me but also sometimes I feel like it must be burdensome for you

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    I have never in my life even seen someone try to climb past other people on an escalator in real life outside of some zany movie set in a mall

lol

public transportation in the south past Atlanta

that's a good one

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I've never seen Rocky

• Options
    edited December 2011
    holding on rails isn't gonna do anything for you if something actually happens

maybe if it a small bag or little kid falls down, but I think that's it

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Elendil wrote:
    I've never seen Rocky

I've never stayed awake through Rocky so don't feel too bad.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:

It happens all the time. I do it all the time. Like 95% of the time. And when I don't feel like doing it, I squish to the right as much as possible so other people can. I honestly feel like I should be legally entitled to elbow groups of people in the back of the head if they clog up the entire width of an escalator.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    I am not letting someone slide by me on fucking set of moving stairs?

ITT we learn Ludious's poor balance aggravates his fear of moving stairs

• Options
    Gooey wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Well, I'm gonna go back to New Vegas now.

Honest Hearts, here I come. (I'm already like an hour or two into it.)

Is it racist that I (New Vegas Honest Hearts spoilers):
    keep accidentally killing Dead Horse tribals? They all look the same to me. I accidentally killed Follows-Chalk the first time I saw him. And I accidentally killed another one later on.

yeah
    i bet you think they're all russian

They aren't?!?!

• Options
    Drez wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

It happens all the time. I do it all the time. Like 95% of the time. And when I don't feel like doing it, I squish to the right as much as possible so other people can. I honestly feel like I should be legally entitled to elbow groups of people in the back of the head if they clog up the entire width of an escalator.

you'd die in the south

you wouldn't know how to function

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    JUST SHUT UP WINKY NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR THEORIES JUST SHUT UP

But I have so many theories

So many sophomoric theories and not nearly enough people who are smarter than me to annoy with them

just stick to theories in specific fields you know about

you're like an idiot who's high as giraffe pussy

as katt williams put it,

ain't nothin' worse than a smart dumb n***a

fuck that I want to know everything

then learn those things before saying dumb stuff about them, is all i'm saying

it is pretty much how I learn things

I try to find someone who knows something and then tell them my dumb theories and have them explain why I'm wrong

and then voila understanding!

I guess it's kind of one of those learning methods things, some people learn by listening to lectures or from experience doing things, I learn by forming theories and having people poke holes in them to show me where I'm mistaken

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    one time I held onto both rails and a girl fell in front of me and I caught her like a net and then she fucked me out of gratitude right there but luckily i got off before we had to get off

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ludious wrote:

climb?

you make it sound like someone is crawling on the banister

we're talking about walking up a set of stairs in the direction they're already moving

there is plenty of room on most escalators for someone to walk by you, oftentimes not even brushing against you

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    The only time tourists bother me in the city is when they don't understand that if you are on an escalator in a transit station, you stand on the right and walk on the left. Don't stand 2x2x2 on the escalator.

A few weeks ago I was heading to Nexus' place and got off at Jersey City. I was aghast at all the lazy people waiting on a line to go up the escalator. "Fuck those Lazy Turds", I thought, I'll take the stairs. I got up about five steps before I realized I made a big mistake.

1866892_53c0fc4621.jpg
    Exchange Place escalator by ccaviness, on Flickr

My pride did not allow me to turn around. My calves burned.

• Options
    Ludious wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

you'd die in the south

You'd die in New York.

Because I'd throw you back down the escalator.

• Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

lol

that's a good one

I was trying to explain to my girlfriend that there is no public transit outside the cities, to include the suburbs.

"But... but what if you don't have a car?"

Then you're out of luck.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    A lot of really good games came out that year, apparently

Warcraft III TFT
    F-Zero GX
    Mario Golf for gamecube
    Wind Waker
    KOTOR
    Ruby and Sapphire
    Dynasty Warriors 4
    Jedi Academy
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Mario Kart Double Dash
    Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

Chriiiiiiist, no wonder as a 17 year old all I did was play games.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    if you block an escalator

especially one of the super-long ones that goes up/down like 5 stories and takes a freaking minute to ride

you are literally worse than hitler

i am tring to get out of the subway you jackass

there is nothing to look at, the ceiling is only 8 feet tall here

mooooooove

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

you'd die in the south

It definitely happens in Atlanta.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I use the stairs if there are too many people on the escalator because the escalator is slow!

• Options
    drez, you have no idea how many people
    accidentally kill that particular NPC

what's funny is that it only happens because the devs implemented the alternative quest at the last minute

• Options
    I'm kidding of course, Ludious. I wouldn't accost you or anyone else.

But what are your escalators like? Most in New York are at least 2.5 people wide.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

climb?

we're talking about walking up a set of stairs in the direction they're already moving

there is plenty of room on most escalators for someone to walk by you, oftentimes not even brushing against you

do escalators have different widths? Because every one I've ever been on is big enough for me to stand comfortably. This isn't even a fat joke, I'm not talking girth I'm talking normal leg spread.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    i would be okay with banning all tourists from manhattan
    You really want to be forced to leave Manhattan, huh?
    i pay nyc city income taxes

ergo, i live here
    Everyone knows that the financiers who actually live there don't pay income taxes.

• Options
    some of the escalators on the DC metro are sooooooo fucking long

I cannot imagine just standing on them for like a half hour while they inch you up toward sunlight

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    drez, you have no idea how many people
    accidentally kill that particular NPC

what's funny is that it only happens because the devs implemented the alternative quest at the last minute

Heheh.

I honestly would not have known he was a good guy if they hadn't implemented that quest (because you fail it immediately after you kill him).

• Options
    I don't understand, deebaser

did you accidentally walk into an art installation

• Options
    The Wheaton station, next to Forest Glen station on the Red Line, has the second-longest continuous escalator in the world, the longest in the Western Hemisphere, at 230 feet (70 m)

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

lol

that's a good one

Okay.

"Walk left stand right" is gospel in commuter subways in North America.

I'd never encountered it until I moved to SF. It's not a thing people do in malls, because malls aren't a place where somebody might be rushing to catch a train.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Ludious wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

climb?

do escalators have different widths? Because every one I've ever been on is big enough for me to stand comfortably. This isn't even a fat joke, I'm not talking girth I'm talking normal leg spread.

Ok so maybe that's the problem here.

Here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e5MBe0wRK0

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    do escalators have different widths?

Yes. You have escalators made for babby.

This discussion has been closed.