Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Christmas is awesome and I don't want to hear goddamn otherwise.

2456716

Posts

  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Kadith wrote:
    except for the poor
    Everyone

    or brown people

    zkHcp.jpg
  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    I think my whole family is gonna be out of town this christmas

    gonna christmas alone awww yeah

    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    Fuck. Yes.

    I love me some Christmas.

    I mean let's be honest, I love every single holiday that allows me to A) listen to thematically appropriate music, B) wear silly clothing and C) cook until everyone I know has to move up a pant size.

    But Christmas... it is the best. It is even better than my birthday, and if any of you knew how much I love my birthday you would be impressed. (I really love my birthday.) It is also better than Halloween, and I managed to squeeze 31 individual dedicated Halloween posts out of that holiday.

    If only I had some way to easily access holiday cheer to share with you all! Oh wait, I forgot, I'm listening to Christmas music right now.



    "Aunt Bethany, does your cat eat jello?"

    QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." DON'T FREAK OUT HAIL SATAN
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    Dys wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Dys wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Dys wrote:
    If I hear one more version of that godawful "last christmas I gave you my heart" song I swear to god I am going to sabotage the sound system there.
    I hate the song so much.

    Up there with the goddamn Christmas Shoes.
    I have heard 3 different versions of this song, all sung by similar-sounding women.

    It is driving me insane, hearing the same damn chorus repeated about five or six times consecutively for each (I think that's right, I'm annoyed and trying not to pay attention by the time it ends).
    I did not even realize there were female versions until last year. I've just heard a male-sung version every year.

    And I think it's JUST the chorus. The song is just the title repeated for three minutes or whatever.

    I think one of the three versions I've heard in the store might be sung by a guy, now that you say that.

    The memories of that song just blend together at this point I suppose, it is played way too much.

    "Last Christmas" was originally sung by Wham!

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    This year I want to make suspended rum caviar.

    The alcohol free egg-nog.

    Then to make it alcoholic you just add the tiny rum caviar.

    It's genius I tells you!

  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    BusterK wrote:
    Kadith wrote:
    except for the poor

    tots_for_toys.jpg

    Seriously, every one, every year
    Donate one, unwrapped toy because it is awesome to imagine even just one kid who didn't think they would get shit and picking out the most kick ass gift imaginable
    It is a highlight of my year to pick out what I think will make this imaginary kid the envy of his peers

    Re posting one more time so it is not drowned in a sea of cynicism and bitterness

    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter Nattravnen Registered User regular
    TOKYO GODFATHERS

    put it in the OP

    oh shit

    what a great movie, completely slipped my mind

    RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    I really like giving gifts at Christmas too.

    But it ends up stressing me out a lot. Because I like to give good gifts. And my dad hates everything.

    A couple of people that I have dated over the Christmas period (Vivienne included) have tried to suggest things. And I knock then down repeatedly and quickly. And then they get upset with me, but what I have to explain to them is that I'm just thinking about these ideas from my father's perspective.

  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    I really like giving gifts at Christmas too.

    But it ends up stressing me out a lot. Because I like to give good gifts. And my dad hates everything.

    A couple of people that I have dated over the Christmas period (Vivienne included) have tried to suggest things. And I knock then down repeatedly and quickly. And then they get upset with me, but what I have to explain to them is that I'm just thinking about these ideas from my father's perspective.

    Give your dad a gun so he can shoot gifts he doesn't like

    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I'm getting my girlfriend a 3DS for christmas

    I have no fuckin' clue what I want, though. I thought Kindle Fire but have since decided I have no idea what I would even use it for.

    What do I want for Christmas, thread?

    sig2.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Good idea buster but I'm not in America so I can't go down to the corner store and buy a gun.

  • Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    Oh man, Blake, I have that problem too.

    My dad doesn't hate everything, he just refuses to ask for anything specific, and will obsess over a gift being too expensive for the buyer's budget, and say it isn't something he really needed... and then there are things I know he likes but he's so picky about everything that getting the right sort of thing he likes is virtually impossible.

    Like, last year I scored big with the Criterion version of Two-Lane Blacktop, which is one of his favourite films. And for his birthday I gave him The Big Short, which he also loved, because it's about economics and is by the same guy who wrote Moneyball. So I'm on a roll. But this year I have no idea.

    QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." DON'T FREAK OUT HAIL SATAN
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote:
    I'm getting my girlfriend a 3DS for christmas

    I have no fuckin' clue what I want, though. I thought Kindle Fire but have since decided I have no idea what I would even use it for.

    What do I want for Christmas, thread?

    A surprise!

    That's what I always ask for.

    Then my mum tells me no, you're not getting that.

    Then she tells me that she has already bought some things, then she won't tell me what.

    The point of this story is that she lies.

  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    Good idea buster but I'm not in America so I can't go down to the corner store and buy a gun.

    I thought everyone in Australia owned a Winchester since everything around you is lethal

    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • cabsycabsy oh it's a boat Registered User regular
    But Christmas... it is the best. It is even better than my birthday, and if any of you knew how much I love my birthday you would be impressed. (I really love my birthday.) It is also better than Halloween, and I managed to squeeze 31 individual dedicated Halloween posts out of that holiday.

    You have no idea how much I want you to do this for Christmas!

    JxBCCng.jpg
    ACNL: 0061-0863-4958 | tumblr | wedding junk
  • Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    Like, I'd love to buy him a new model car, but I am 100% certain any model car I would select would be the wrong manufacturer or a car he did when he was 12 or a car he secretly hates or god-knows-what. Or I'd buy him Top Gear on DVD so I could secretly also watch Top Gear, but he'll just buy that for himself anyway.

    QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." DON'T FREAK OUT HAIL SATAN
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    See sal, the difference is that my dad will literally say, "what's this for then?"

    He quite literally dislikes everything but rum, ginger candy and jelly bellies and everyone in the family just can't buy that.

  • cabsycabsy oh it's a boat Registered User regular
    Break out of the mold, buy him ginger rum?

    JxBCCng.jpg
    ACNL: 0061-0863-4958 | tumblr | wedding junk
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    BusterK wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    Good idea buster but I'm not in America so I can't go down to the corner store and buy a gun.

    I thought everyone in Australia owned a Winchester since everything around you is lethal

    Nah, we rely on our wits and quick reflexes.

    It explains the low population here and why everyone lives in huge, walled off cities.

  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Blake T wrote:
    See sal, the difference is that my dad will literally say, "what's this for then?"

    He quite literally dislikes everything but rum, ginger candy and jelly bellies and everyone in the family just can't buy that.

    Do it, maybe he'll stop complaining about the other gifts.

    Flay on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote:
    But Christmas... it is the best. It is even better than my birthday, and if any of you knew how much I love my birthday you would be impressed. (I really love my birthday.) It is also better than Halloween, and I managed to squeeze 31 individual dedicated Halloween posts out of that holiday.

    You have no idea how much I want you to do this for Christmas!

    I totally would but I am not anywhere near as much a Christmas expert as I am a Halloween expert. There are less Christmas movies involving severed heads, for some reason?

    QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." DON'T FREAK OUT HAIL SATAN
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Oh! Also I got Vivienne and I baubles with our names on them!

    It's like super lame! But yet still pretty cool!

    I think our tree will go up tonight.

  • Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    Aww, I think that is cool and also adorable.

    My mother buys me and my brother each a new Christmas ornament every year.

    The ones with names on are pretty cool but now I've got a Death Star and a Star Trek Transporter and they both talk so I don't know what could possibly top that.

    QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." DON'T FREAK OUT HAIL SATAN
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    When I think of Christmas movies I get to die hard and bad Santa and stop.

  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    See sal, the difference is that my dad will literally say, "what's this for then?"

    He quite literally dislikes everything but rum, ginger candy and jelly bellies and everyone in the family just can't buy that.

    Why the fuck not

    sig2.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    See sal, the difference is that my dad will literally say, "what's this for then?"

    He quite literally dislikes everything but rum, ginger candy and jelly bellies and everyone in the family just can't buy that.

    Why the fuck not
    Cause he will still complain!

    My dad is a bit of a grinch. One year he actually refused to go to Christmas lunch! I had to talk to him (I was so angry I couldn't actually yell!) to make him come.

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Christmas music?

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    So this year I'm gonna be in a stage version of A Charlie Brown Christmas
    I have managed to stay jazzed even though the play is in a bit of shambles right now
    I'm playing Linus and even though his big speech has already been posted I'm gonna post the end

    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    That's cool as buster, good luck with that!

  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    isn't it sort of fitting for a production of a charlie brown christmas to be in shambles

    speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    My thing about holidays is that I fuckin' hate leaving the house.

    I think this stems from the first 12 or 13 Christmas' of my childhood where after waking up at 6:00am to do gifts, we had to go to church at 9:00, Grandparent A's house immediately afterwards for brunch, then immediately to Grandparent B's for dinner/dessert. Usually got home around 8pm.

    For a normal family that might be fine but I happen to have a family where everyone on all sides are either completely insane or just huge assholes. I hated every minute of it and when I got old enough to realize my parents couldn't literally drag me there anymore I just said no.

    Then a few years later everyone realized they hated eachother and we haven't had any 'regular' family gatherings of that kind since then.

    And I don't miss it at all! My one hope this Christmas is that I don't even have to change out of my pajamas all day - just sit around drinking punch and eating ham all day with my brother, sisters, mom and dad until I fall asleep again.

    FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    I almost bought the MGS HD Collection for myself just now but decided that I should just save the money for gifts for my friends and family.

    and if one of them doesn't get me the MGS HD collection I will be very cross.

  • MarthMarth Contemplative Kermit Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I can't legally buy alcohol yet so I can't enjoy a few drinks with my (immediate) family. This saddens me somewhat.

    Marth on
    Steam Xbox Live LoL: SadSchaub
  • Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    Marth... your family won't let you have a cocktail just with them?

    QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." DON'T FREAK OUT HAIL SATAN
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    Our Christmas tree is already up!

    It's not decorated yet, but it's up

    The beauty of the internet: a hundred bucks and a great freshly cut tree will be shipped right to your door

    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Registered User regular
    Well I just got an e-mail saying my Nintendo Coin Item is on its way.. I totally forgot about these and also all the random Nintendo shit I have unopened from the coinsplosion earlier this summer. So yeah, that's kind of Xmas. I'll probably sell them to!

    EVERYTHING MUST GO. IT'S A FIRE SALE!

    Also: (NSFW (swearing))



    gkWjumA.png
    Nintendo ID: Cloudbomb
  • MarthMarth Contemplative Kermit Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Marth... your family won't let you have a cocktail just with them?

    I mean, I guess I could. But my mom dropped a hint earlier this year, like "you shouldn't be doing that anyway." It doesn't help that my brother is an alcoholic, so they probably distrust it (regarding me, I'm 15 months younger).

    Marth on
    Steam Xbox Live LoL: SadSchaub
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    I have been trying to drink less lately, which has been working. But then I seem to be consuming small amounts often.

  • ToxTox I kill threads Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Kadith wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Kadith wrote:
    except for the poor
    Everyone

    or brown people

    Kwanza_book.png

    Tox on
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    James Dean was the actor, Jimmy Dean was in the sausage business.

    James Deen is both an actor AND in the sausage business.
    Secret Satans! Post | Gaming Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    my parents don't drink and most of my friends either drink very lightly or not at all

    so it's never really been a Thing for me

    speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.