As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Please post in new thread [Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls]

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I still haven't found a smithing enchanted item that I can disenchant, its like they don't exist for me. This is rather disappointing. How good is the final skill in stealth?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Free Giraffe Rides!!!Free Giraffe Rides!!! Registered User regular
    GLITCH WARNING

Don't enter Yngol Barrow if you have the claw stored elsewhere. It will fuck up and you won't be able to open the inner door, even if you leave and return with the claw.

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Are you sure you have the correct claw?

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Ah, I found a Morrowind save game editor and this guy's recommendation for a level 20 Battlemage. I'll go with that.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote:
    I loved that magic spells were actual projectiles in Morrowind, and that my mage's fireball could impact another mage's spell and destroy it in midair. Or that I could do the same with arrows.

You can do this in Skyrim, I'm pretty sure. Arrows can be collected while in mid-flight, so I would assume it works.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Can I find better stuff to buy in towns like Solitude or Windhelm over Whiterun or do they all pretty much have an equal chance of having good stuff?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote:
    Can I find better stuff to buy in towns like Solitude or Windhelm over Whiterun or do they all pretty much have an equal chance of having good stuff?

They all seem pretty similar, but I've always found more/better metals at the "pro" smiths like Eorlund. Not every town has two smiths, but I think Solitude, Markarth, and Windhelm do.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKY wrote:
    Stragint wrote:

They all seem pretty similar, but I've always found more/better metals at the "pro" smiths like Eorlund. Not every town has two smiths, but I think Solitude, Markarth, and Windhelm do.

Where are the two smiths in Solitude and Windhelm? I've only ever found one in each.

• Options
    Qui-Gon JinnQui-Gon Jinn Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote:
    THESPOOKY wrote:
    Stragint wrote:

Where are the two smiths in Solitude and Windhelm? I've only ever found one in each.

yep, I found only one too

• Options
    I'm down a blacksmith since the one in Riverwood was killed by a dragon. That is awesome.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I found this amusing.
    balgruuf.jpg

Bearskin on my back
    Wolf's jaw on my head
    Valhall awaits me
    When I'm dead

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Free Giraffe Rides!!!Free Giraffe Rides!!! Registered User regular
    Are you sure you have the correct claw?

Yes. Loading back to a save from before I entered the cave and bringing the claw first allowed the door to open.

• Options
    Does magic resist cover everything?

• Options
    VickiVicki Victoria EnglandRegistered User regular
    Click to Enlarge:

Skyrim433.jpg Skyrim435.jpg Skyrim424.jpg

Skyrim427.jpg Skyrim430.jpg Skyrim439.jpg

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote:

Yeah, which is why it has lower enchant values on gear.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    WolfprintWolfprint Registered User regular
    Okay guys, I've just finished a Skyrim session and I'd like to talk about a location you go to in the later parts of the Main Quest. Don't click if you haven't finished it please, just in case.
    Blackreach. Holy shit is that place insane or what? I spent like a couple of hours exploring the whole zone and getting 30 crimson nirnroots while gawking at the environment and architecture. It has just the right amount of mysterious ancient ruins mixed in with an alien biome and it makes it all the more awesome.

I was walking around looking at that gigantic mushroom in the middle of the zone when it really did hit me. This is what Morrowind would look like if it was released in 2011(12).

If Bethesda makes an expansion that lets players explore the ruins of Vvardenfell, they will get all my moneys.

Fus Ro Dah the large orb that passes for a sun.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    The thing that kills me about this game, on PC, is that the menus feel so much like they were designed with consoles in mind. I swear sometimes I'll click on a phrase and it'll say something else. Or I'll click "MISC" and it'll exit the shop.

• Options
    @Vicki What are those armors in the first screen? I like the archer garb.

4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    korodullin wrote:
    Stragint wrote:

Is it worth using or should I go for specific types?

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote:
    The thing that kills me about this game, on PC, is that the menus feel so much like they were designed with consoles in mind. I swear sometimes I'll click on a phrase and it'll say something else. Or I'll click "MISC" and it'll exit the shop.

Yeah, I'm waiting very patiently to play this game until a mod comes out that makes the UI not suck.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote:
    urahonky wrote:

Yeah, I'm waiting very patiently to play this game until a mod comes out that makes the UI not suck.

You should look up SkyUI. It's not done yet, but it's still an improvement.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    a5ehren wrote:
    TOGSolid wrote:
    urahonky wrote:

You should look up SkyUI. It's not done yet, but it's still an improvement.

The base UI is fine, works very well with a controller. More problematic if you're KBAM, but I think suck is a bit strong.

Of course I really don't understand why Beth doesn't just hire Darn to lead their UI team.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    I'm just starting Skyrim thanks to a generous friend. Is a sneaky mage viable? Also, can I block while dual-wielding?

• Options
    VickiVicki Victoria EnglandRegistered User regular
    @Vicki What are those armors in the first screen? I like the archer garb.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4708

• Options
    Hm, downloaded it, but it seems it's only for female characters and is not improvable or enchantable.

4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Stragint wrote:
    korodullin wrote:
    Stragint wrote:

The cap for elemental resistances is 85%, so it can be worth it if you have a couple other enchanted pieces with 37% or something like that.

Hm, downloaded it, but it seems it's only for female characters and is not improvable or enchantable.

Yeah, that's one unfortunate thing about user-made armors. There's about an 85% chance of them being female-only. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but still.

It's always been hellishly difficult to find clothing for males in Morrowind and Oblivion that isn't fetish gear.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    SvK wrote:
    I'm just starting Skyrim thanks to a generous friend. Is a sneaky mage viable? Also, can I block while dual-wielding?

You can't block while dual wielding and a sneaky mage should be fine, most builds work in this game.
    korodullin wrote:
    Stragint wrote:
    korodullin wrote:
    Stragint wrote:

The cap for elemental resistances is 85%, so it can be worth it if you have a couple other enchanted pieces with 37% or something like that.

Hmmm, I'll see what I can do. I've been working on buffing enchanting so I can make way stronger enchants.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who likes Fallout 3 more than Skyrim? I don't know. I just like the world and atmosphere more.

• Options
    As an older-school Fallout fan, I really disliked Fallout 3's world and atmosphere. The writing is kinda shitty in both games, but I enjoyed enough of the gameplay of FO3 that I stuck with it a while.

Vastly prefer New Vegas and Skyrim to it, though.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote:
    Vastly prefer New Vegas and Skyrim to it, though.

I hope New Vegas is as much an improvement as (most) people say. I'm going to be playing it after wearing out Skyrim, which... well, that's probably not going to put it in its best light, but I hope its radically different atmosphere will discourage direct comparison.

• Options
    If it helps, when I got sick of Skyrim a few weeks back, I reinstalled New Vegas from scratch and started a new game and still greatly enjoyed it.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    So I know everyone is playing Skyrim, but I have a Morrowind question. Are the mods out there for it today make it not seem as dated? I'd love to give it a spin but if it's too "rough" then I may skip it.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Idx86 wrote:
    So I know everyone is playing Skyrim, but I have a Morrowind question. Are the mods out there for it today make it not seem as dated? I'd love to give it a spin but if it's too "rough" then I may skip it.

I have a link to one in the OP. It has lots of customization options, which you even can change with the mod's config application without having to start a new save. It was just updated last month, too.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Dashui wrote:
    Idx86 wrote:

I have a link to one in the OP. It has lots of customization options, which you even can change with the mod's config application without having to start a new save. It was just updated last month, too.

I saw that but the link is dead. Thought maybe it didn't exist any longer.

sig.gif

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Idx86 wrote:
    Dashui wrote:
    Idx86 wrote:

I saw that but the link is dead. Thought maybe it didn't exist any longer.

Whoops. I guess he changed the address. I just fixed the link, and here it is: http://morrowindoverhaul.rpgitalia.net/

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Just found the new page: http://morrowindoverhaul.rpgitalia.net/

Ah, beat me to it. :) now just need to wait for it to hit über sale on Steam.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    ok so my level 10 lizard wizard just finished the mage College questline and
    seriously, thats it? "oh by the way, you're the archmage now. here's your robes and key, bye"

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote:
    urahonky wrote:
    This makes me happy to see. Here, I was assuming I was just a dumb-ass who couldn't make the UI work correctly. Now, I'm still a dumb-ass, but not quite as much of one.

Stupid question time from a Skyrim newbie, apologies in advance if they've been answered already:
    Do magic weapons I give my companions need to be recharged?
    Also, Soul Trap enchanted weapons on a companion? Will it steal souls if I give her a collection of empty gems?
    Is there a use for the dragon bits beyond selling them? I've been storing them in my house, but wanted to make sure I wasn't cheating myself out of some much needed cash by holding onto them (still fairly early into the game).

• Options
    NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular

see317 wrote:
    Is there a use for the dragon bits beyond selling them? I've been storing them in my house, but wanted to make sure I wasn't cheating myself out of some much needed cash by holding onto them (still fairly early into the game).

Dragon Bones and Dragon Scales are used to make Dragon Armor (light or heavy)

moebius.jpg
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote:
    ok so my level 10 lizard wizard just finished the mage College questline and
    seriously, thats it? "oh by the way, you're the archmage now. here's your robes and key, bye"

haha, lizard wizard! please tell me you called him Severus Snake.