As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Please post in new thread [Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls]

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote:
    Joolander wrote:
    also, how are you guys taking screens of your characters from the front while they do things?

Go into third person, bring up the console with the tilde key (~) and type in "tfc 01" without quotations. It pauses the game and frees the camera.

Thank. You. I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of days.

• Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    actually, tfc works too. if you're feeling lazy.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    tfc 1 works, no 0 needed

Whoops. That's what I actually meant.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    So the Thalmor/ Altmer are actually the good guys. Stumbled across this as I was idly browsing.

In the godspace lies the Wheel of Convention, dictating limits on the mortal Animus and forcing things such as the Dreamsleeve. Lorkhan oversaw the wheel, but he was slain and his Heart cast into the mortal world. Talos mantled Lorkhan and now takes the place of him, and so it is Talos that keeps the Wheel spinning. To paraphrase Mankar Camoran, Mundus basically consists of "slaves that without knowing turn the wheel." Do not say that Mankar Camoran's writings are nonsense, because many things he says are true. Example: Cyrodiil went from jungle to forest, "CHIM. Those who know it can reshape the land. Witness the home of the Red King Once Jungled." Confirmed to be done by Talos in "From the Many-Headed Talos."

The Altmer see the Wheel as the ultimate restriction on their kind. They ban the worship of Talos, because if Talos is no longer worshiped, he is no longer a god. That leaves nobody to control the Wheel. With the Wheel no longer spinning in the godspace, the Altmer and presumably the rest of mortals will have their spirits freed. No longer bound to restrictions such as time or aging, or physical bodies or death and the Dreamsleeve, it will essentially be the Beginning Era remade without Lorkhan. The Altmer see this as the ultimate transcendence, and if so, then this transcendence would in theory benefit other mortals, assuming you see non-linear time as a benefit.

KINMUNE establishes non-linear time and non-linear events, implying that the Thalmor succeeded by the Ninth Era or at least stopped the Wheel. If so, then any hate towards the Aldmeri Dominion is completely meaningless, as they won anyway. KINMUNE sounds like it was used to communicate with et'Ada, meaning everything was not complete and utter chaos sterotyped to be the Beginning Era.

Essentially, any destruction caused by the Altmer is to reach their end goal of stopping the life-death-life-death cycle, and if that cycle stops, then any deaths become meaningless. After all, they're only closer to the Godhead after all of this.

Go Altmer. Linear time is sooo overrated.

Fleeb on
  • Options
    CleveraliasCleveralias Registered User regular
    Sounds a lot like they are tying to achieve "singularity" or "instrumentality" like in Eva or what the Time Lords were attempting to do in the time war - consuming all of reality to "ascend" to a pure energy state. YMMV if hugging and turning to Tang is a happy ending. Fundamentalist Christians want to bring on the rapture and the end times - it doesn't make them good guys. Just because you think you have a good reason to want the end of the world, doesn't mean that everybody else should just bend over and go along with it.

jpg.jpg
    XBox360/One/Steam - Cleveralias
    PSN - The_Vandingo
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I swear I'm going to end up taking more screenshots than actually playing this game.

kORVmgjNrerjl.jpg kQlqaRA0RaD0Y.jpg
    k1gjNmVA4MG6n.jpg ku6jA8R8D7OfK.jpg

Dashui on
  • Options
    KatoKato Registered User regular
    I would like to ask a few questions out here if I may. First off...a little background. I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games. Not a one. I have seen the gameplay a bit here and there and I understand just how huge the world is and all of the things that you can do. Got all of that, but I got Skyrim (PS3) for Christmas and I am a little lost and could use a little direction.

I have been reading through this thread some and it seems that a battlemage is not a good idea. I was hoping to have a guy in light armors with a sword and spell ready to go. Seems that this is not a good way to go though and that you really benefit the most by sticking to a single archetype (warrior, thief or mage). Is that an accurate assessment?

Are two handed weapons worth it? I think it is really stupid of the game to not let you still have a spell readied in the left hand so that you could simply hold your big sword/axe/hammer in your right and get your spell off with the left, then grab the weapon with both hands again and swing. Very disappointing if you ask me. Everytime I switch to use a spell, I have to go through the animation of sheathing my weapon and then drawing out a single handed weapon to compliment my spell. So...two handed weapons worth it? I am really digging the big swords (even though they are slow) and I want to know if I am making it all harder for myself later down the line.

I have restarted a few different characters so far and I have not gone further than riverwood at the very beginning of the game. I did do a few things like Pinewatch and a few other small random encounters though. I keep restarting because I simply can't decide on a character that I like. I seem to start liking a character and then find a huge problem (read 2hander issues with magic above).

It seems that I will end up doing a LOT of material grinding and what not...which sucks. If you skip out on some of that and don't do blacksmithing or alchemy or enchanting, then are you seriously gimping yourself in the long run? Can you still get through the game and encounters without spending tedious amounts of time grinding through materials and skills?

I could go for a few suggestions on a good race to start with and a simple idea of what perks to train up. I already understand that most of the 1 handed perks are crap except for the damage one. I assume the same goes with the 2 hander perks as well? Is there a way to train your armor skill without taking damage?

Gah...I am getting long here. I don't want to make another 5 characters just trying things out. I would like to just pick one and go with it.

Signature??
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Don't worry about specific races with classes, and don't even worry about your class quite so much in the early game. You can hold onto your perks and invest them later, once you get your bearings and experiment, and since it's a classless system you're not locked into any choices from the start.

As far as material grinding, you can easily just buy all your ingots and leathers from the blacksmiths near the forges. It won't take long for you to have hordes of money (especially if you craft iron daggers and enchant them with petty souls; very easy to do and makes each dagger worth nearly a grand) so buying materials rather than mining or hunting for them is no big deal.

Dashui on
  • Options
    people need to stop worrying about the gameplay choices they have made in a thread where half the talk is people glowing about how hilariously broken top level perks are. play to what's cool to you. the game is forgiving, if you're not playing on the harder difficulties.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Honestly. Towards the end of the game I was just throwing points into random stuff because I had most of the stuff I wanted.

I mean I do regret a few of the points I placed earlier when I didn't understand how the game worked, but it wasn't that big of a deal anyway.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Fleeb wrote:
    So the Thalmor/ Altmer are actually the good guys. Stumbled across this as I was idly browsing.

In the godspace lies the Wheel of Convention, dictating limits on the mortal Animus and forcing things such as the Dreamsleeve. Lorkhan oversaw the wheel, but he was slain and his Heart cast into the mortal world. Talos mantled Lorkhan and now takes the place of him, and so it is Talos that keeps the Wheel spinning. To paraphrase Mankar Camoran, Mundus basically consists of "slaves that without knowing turn the wheel." Do not say that Mankar Camoran's writings are nonsense, because many things he says are true. Example: Cyrodiil went from jungle to forest, "CHIM. Those who know it can reshape the land. Witness the home of the Red King Once Jungled." Confirmed to be done by Talos in "From the Many-Headed Talos."

The Altmer see the Wheel as the ultimate restriction on their kind. They ban the worship of Talos, because if Talos is no longer worshiped, he is no longer a god. That leaves nobody to control the Wheel. With the Wheel no longer spinning in the godspace, the Altmer and presumably the rest of mortals will have their spirits freed. No longer bound to restrictions such as time or aging, or physical bodies or death and the Dreamsleeve, it will essentially be the Beginning Era remade without Lorkhan. The Altmer see this as the ultimate transcendence, and if so, then this transcendence would in theory benefit other mortals, assuming you see non-linear time as a benefit.

KINMUNE establishes non-linear time and non-linear events, implying that the Thalmor succeeded by the Ninth Era or at least stopped the Wheel. If so, then any hate towards the Aldmeri Dominion is completely meaningless, as they won anyway. KINMUNE sounds like it was used to communicate with et'Ada, meaning everything was not complete and utter chaos sterotyped to be the Beginning Era.

Essentially, any destruction caused by the Altmer is to reach their end goal of stopping the life-death-life-death cycle, and if that cycle stops, then any deaths become meaningless. After all, they're only closer to the Godhead after all of this.

Go Altmer. Linear time is sooo overrated.

.....What the FUCK? I'm very confused now.
    It sounds a little like what The Emperor was doing in Warhammer 40,000.
    Stop believing in gods, chaos gods are destroyed, believe in gods, chaos gods grow in power.

• Options
    Alright...then at least answer me one thing. Are 2 handers viable in this game with the way the magic system works or no?

Signature??
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Kato wrote:
    Alright...then at least answer me one thing. Are 2 handers viable in this game with the way the magic system works or no?

Well, I kinda made it work, as my first character was a 2-handed blunt, restoration, healery type. And it wasn't a massive pain, but it wasn't ideal. Definitely liking the idea of just being able to hold a 2-handed weapon without being able to swing it while you fire off a spell.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Kato wrote:
    I would like to ask a few questions out here if I may. First off...a little background. I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games. Not a one. I have seen the gameplay a bit here and there and I understand just how huge the world is and all of the things that you can do. Got all of that, but I got Skyrim (PS3) for Christmas and I am a little lost and could use a little direction.

I have been reading through this thread some and it seems that a battlemage is not a good idea. I was hoping to have a guy in light armors with a sword and spell ready to go. Seems that this is not a good way to go though and that you really benefit the most by sticking to a single archetype (warrior, thief or mage). Is that an accurate assessment?

Are two handed weapons worth it? I think it is really stupid of the game to not let you still have a spell readied in the left hand so that you could simply hold your big sword/axe/hammer in your right and get your spell off with the left, then grab the weapon with both hands again and swing. Very disappointing if you ask me. Everytime I switch to use a spell, I have to go through the animation of sheathing my weapon and then drawing out a single handed weapon to compliment my spell. So...two handed weapons worth it? I am really digging the big swords (even though they are slow) and I want to know if I am making it all harder for myself later down the line.

I have restarted a few different characters so far and I have not gone further than riverwood at the very beginning of the game. I did do a few things like Pinewatch and a few other small random encounters though. I keep restarting because I simply can't decide on a character that I like. I seem to start liking a character and then find a huge problem (read 2hander issues with magic above).

It seems that I will end up doing a LOT of material grinding and what not...which sucks. If you skip out on some of that and don't do blacksmithing or alchemy or enchanting, then are you seriously gimping yourself in the long run? Can you still get through the game and encounters without spending tedious amounts of time grinding through materials and skills?

I could go for a few suggestions on a good race to start with and a simple idea of what perks to train up. I already understand that most of the 1 handed perks are crap except for the damage one. I assume the same goes with the 2 hander perks as well? Is there a way to train your armor skill without taking damage?

Gah...I am getting long here. I don't want to make another 5 characters just trying things out. I would like to just pick one and go with it.

Blacksmithing is very easy to level, like @Dashui said, you can buy all the materials (at a fairly cheap price) from the smiths. A friend of mine used the carriage to hit every city and started questing and after getting about 3000-5000 gold, he started fast traveling to every city that had a blacksmith that he could buy from (Riften blacksmith requires a little quest of sorts), bought all the iron ingots, leather and leather straps and went from 1 to about 60 or 70 in one go.

An easy way to level enchanting, at least easy for my assassin, is to get the Black Star or Azura Star (preferably Black Star since it can hold humanoid souls) and enchant a weapon with soul trap. Walk around, kill something and fill the star, recharge your sword (it raises enchanting) and continue killing, recharging after each kill. It goes up pretty fast.

I'm also pretty sure you can make it through the game without blacksmithing or any of the crafting skills, I got really far on my first character without ever touching it but then I decided I wanted to look like Lord Zed and went and made some Daedric armor.

Two-hand works fairly well in the game, you just sort of need the armor to back it up, you spend a lot of time not being able to block, at least in my experience you do. Just try to enchant it with something nice like Paralyze or possibly fear.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Kato wrote:

That's completely unnecessary. Pick the race that you want to play. Most of the racial bonuses are nice, but there is not one that you should pick all the time, and the skill bonuses don't mean much, even in the early game.

Then just do the stuff that you want to do. Use two handers for a while, and if you find that you don't like it, switch to one-handed/shield or a bow or something. You can play this game however you want. That's kind of the point. Agonizing about choices isn't really the point. And if you want to save up a couple perks, you can do that.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    What's the best combination of enchants for weapons to make the most money? I've been using iron dagger + paralyze (petty soul gem), but I'm not getting anywhere near the thousand gold a dagger.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Banish makes the big bucks, but paralyze is pretty good too. I think my enchanter makes iron daggers worth around 700 gold per, which is chopped down to about 200 gold per dagger once it actually gets to a vendor.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So is there a good way to level Archery? I'm at like level 85 and it's going up so sloooowly. I just want to hit 100 so I can take that perk.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Warlock82 wrote:
    So is there a good way to level Archery? I'm at like level 85 and it's going up so sloooowly. I just want to hit 100 so I can take that perk.

If you have a stack of cash and access to the Thieve's Guild trainers (if you have the latter, then the former shouldn't be a big deal), you could just pay to get up that last 15 levels. You'd probably have to level something else on the side, though, just so you can go up an entire character level and reset the "5 training levels per level" counter.

Otherwise, you're probably looking at doing something like pelting a mammoth with a weak bow or shooting an immortal NPC which doesn't go hostile. I don't know about the mammoth thing, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Speaking of leveling skills, is it just me or is Restoration the slowest-leveling skill in the game? Takes ages to get that skill anywhere, whether it be through ward usage or healing.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote:
    polaris314 wrote:
    Capt Howdy wrote:
    korodullin wrote:
    It's January, Bethsoft. Where's the toolkit? :x

You mean where is the 4 disc soundtrack on iTunes too, right? Cause damn I want that, but the site it's on has a lot of complaints against it for not delivering after 3 weeks.

Yeah it took longer than I expected but mine eventually showed up. Not sure what the delay is for a digital version, although I don't remember really ever seeing many of his other scores available that way.

I trust it's worth every cent? $29.99 is a pretty good deal for 4 CDs. Still think I'll wait for digital.

To be honest, had they not run the promo of "order now and it's signed!" I probably wouldn't have caved. But yes, it is a very nice set. Trying not to listen to it too much as (impressively I'd say) I've put something like 60 hours in across a few characters and I've probably only heard about a third of the music.

steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    There is a documented bug with certain followers that causes them to lose carry weight over time. It turns out that followers who start with a Hunting Bow, like Lydia, Mjoll or Aela, add a new 7 lb Hunting Bow to their inventory every time you dismiss and then rehire them. This affected my Xbox 360 game when I couldn't give Lydia a full set of heavy armor after 130+ hours of play, even when she had a seemingly empty inventory.

So I took the save over to my PC version and used the console to look at her hidden inventory, and it turns out she had 21 Hunting Bows on her. So I removed those, and now she's back to carrying my burdens. She even uses the Ebony Bow enchanted with Paralysis that I gave her. Just thought I'd share that for anyone who might be having a similar problem.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Sneakman wrote:
    There is a documented bug with certain followers that causes them to lose carry weight over time. It turns out that followers who start with a Hunting Bow, like Lydia, Mjoll or Aela, add a new 7 lb Hunting Bow to their inventory every time you dismiss and then rehire them. This affected my Xbox 360 game when I couldn't give Lydia a full set of heavy armor after 130+ hours of play, even when she had a seemingly empty inventory.

So I took the save over to my PC version and used the console to look at her hidden inventory, and it turns out she had 21 Hunting Bows on her. So I removed those, and now she's back to carrying my burdens. She even uses the Ebony Bow enchanted with Paralysis that I gave her. Just thought I'd share that for anyone who might be having a similar problem.

What's the command for that? I should probably check that Aela isn't carrying around a ton of bows

(I really wish this game wasn't so buggy, but I guess that's what you get for it being so gigantic)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    "showinventory" is the command to display everything someone has on them.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote:
    Sneakman wrote:

What's the command for that? I should probably check that Aela isn't carrying around a ton of bows

(I really wish this game wasn't so buggy, but I guess that's what you get for it being so gigantic)

Open the console, click on your follower and type "showinventory". This will show everything they're carrying, including their hidden starting items. For Lydia, it included her default steal armor, steel sword, hunting bow and iron arrows. Use "removeallitems" to delete all of those hidden items. Then "disable", then "enable". This will reset her carry weight. Lydia will then generate a new default set of steel armor so that she's not naked, but not her sword or hunting bow. You can now give her any bow and she will use it. You do have to supply her with arrows though. Her default iron arrows are unlimited, but once you use the removeallitems command she will use up arrows like the player does.

If you switch followers infrequently this shouldn't be a problem, as 7 lbs here or there won't be too noticeable. But I was switching followers every level so that I could get free training, so this bug really messed up my game. I'm just glad I could fix it!

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    Does it matter at all in the very beginning as to who you choose to go with? Ralof or that guard guy?

Signature??
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    nope

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Kato wrote:
    Does it matter at all in the very beginning as to who you choose to go with? Ralof or that guard guy?
    Not really. You'll have ample opportunity later to decide who to side with in the civil war, if you want

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    Kato wrote:

It will give you an initial "push" towards the direction of Imperial or Stormcloak in the whole civil war story, but you are still free to choose whichever side you like.

steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    Thanks guys. This is the last time I am starting a new char. Gonna hold on to my perks for a while before I choose them and see how things go.

Signature??
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    It does affect who's house you can rummage through an take items with no penalty in Riverwood... I'd actually go with the guard guy as that allows you to take a bunch of stuff from the Blacksmith for free that are more useful such as ingots.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    VedicIntentVedicIntent Registered User regular
    Tierwulf wrote:
    SvK wrote:
    korodullin wrote:
    The only way to really do so is to either run up to them.

Based on further testing I'm just going to assume that everyone wants to kill me.

Get a bow, and ping with it. Shoot close to the people but don't hit them. They'll light up their red dots if they are enemies. Shoot from far away into a fortress wall to see if anyone inside is hostile.

Throw Voice (a shout) is good for this too, used at a wall or ground near an unknown NPC. Bad guys go hostile and alert, and go to where you pointed the shout, whereas shooting an arrow next to them tends to make them walk to where it came from, which is bad for sneakythiefs. It has the added bonus of alerting baddies from about a 50 foot radius (levels 2 and 3 increase this I think) - this makes scouting numbers in a fort a lot more accurate.

You can also use the shout standing next to a guy while sneaking, like the noisemaker from Thief or Splinter Cell, to make him walk where you want to set up a backstab.

VT09mOz.png
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    I don't like the thought of grinding enchanting. You can get levels in it with ease. Go into a dungeon, find armor or a weapon with a new enchant, disenchant it for a level. If you fancy it, enchant your gear for another level or two. Oops, made a new set of armor. Enchant it for more levels. Made some jewelry? Enchant it so it sell for more. Get some levels.

The wiki can tell you where to get the burning soul enchant. Then just buy some soul gems and you should have plenty of levels coming after any dungeon run. Pair that with the transmutation spell annnnddd...

• Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    Tierwulf wrote:
    Stragint wrote:
    nealcm wrote:
    i remember someone talking about being able to sneak attack while in combat with the shadow warrior level 100 sneak perk. is that true? if so that's pretty awesome

i've exclusively been using it as a way to completely break combat by jamming on my sneak key until they give up looking for me because i am a wisp of darkness

I think its true, its really weird. I've done it and gotten the sneak attack bonus while being detected the whole time.

What school of magic should I use for my stealth character? Maybe Alteration.

Shadow warrior.

holy shit and you just appear behind them

this may be the most badass thing ever

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    wait, is that a spell that I can find?

• Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    that's the level 100 sneak perk, you become invisible (a puff of black smoke) for 1.5 seconds or so when you begin sneaking while in combat (so you hit ctrl and quickly attack them while invisible)

and the reason you appear behind them is the backstab assassination cinematic always happens when sneak attacking, i guess, and it places you behind them

which is kinda cool but kinda sucks because isn't there a frontwards-sneak-kill? maybe i wasn't sneaking but i've definitely stabbed dudes in the chest

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Sharp10r wrote:
    It's kind of a bother to try and skill up alchemy when you're making single potions that are worth more than the entire wealth of a merchant. 1,000 gold isn't shit. Even with the speech perks, it still wouldn't be close to enough.

And, despite making like 20,000 gold worth of potions recently, I've only slightly increased my Alchemy. That is a slow skill.

There is 1 trader who has the business savvy to turn your investment into 10k every 2 days.
    maybe it's the luck charm he keeps in his business...
    riverwood trader.

@Sharp10r Do you need the first perk to invest 500 or the last perk to invest a thousand for this to work?

Continental_Op on
    XBL - TeenageHead
  • Options
    Sharp10r wrote:
    It's kind of a bother to try and skill up alchemy when you're making single potions that are worth more than the entire wealth of a merchant. 1,000 gold isn't shit. Even with the speech perks, it still wouldn't be close to enough.

And, despite making like 20,000 gold worth of potions recently, I've only slightly increased my Alchemy. That is a slow skill.

There is 1 trader who has the business savvy to turn your investment into 10k every 2 days.
    maybe it's the luck charm he keeps in his business...
    riverwood trader.

@Sharp10r Do you need the first perk to invest 500 or the last perk to invest a thousand for this to work?

The last perk just flat out gives everyone 1000g. It doesn't involve investing at all.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    nealcm wrote:
    that's the level 100 sneak perk, you become invisible (a puff of black smoke) for 1.5 seconds or so when you begin sneaking while in combat (so you hit ctrl and quickly attack them while invisible)

and the reason you appear behind them is the backstab assassination cinematic always happens when sneak attacking, i guess, and it places you behind them

which is kinda cool but kinda sucks because isn't there a frontwards-sneak-kill? maybe i wasn't sneaking but i've definitely stabbed dudes in the chest

It'll default to the throat-slit on 'people', but against creatures without a rear kill animation sneak attacks still trigger the regular kill animations (boot in the face, chest stabs etc).

Which is why I always sneak attack draugr/falmer from the front. So much more satisfying with an animation.

• Options
    nealcm wrote:

i've had great moments where i stabbed a guy in the back, he turns around, i shit myself as he pulls out his battleaxe, power attack again and give him the stab-in-the-gut hug. looked so slick it could have been on purpose.

• Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    Do enemies have racial bonuses like the player characters? Since you're fighting loads of Nords, do they all have 50% frost resistance? Dark Elves with fire resistance?

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd