Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Star Trek is Our Business

18081838586100

Posts

  • RenaissanceDanRenaissanceDan Registered User
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Hey, you forgot the Sisko Punch!

    So are you going to make franchise licenses available?

    Yes. Corporate terminology to be used:

    International Corporate Headquarters = Starfleet Command (duh)
    National Corporate Headquarters (outside wherever Command is) = Deep Space X (in order of establishment)
    Franchises = U.S.S. [City Name] - [Letter if multiple in city]
    Store Numbers = NCC-Zip code
    Store Class = based on fire code rating for people allowed in. Reflects standard exploration ships of the line classes.
    R&D Class = Same Naming/Numbering system, classes reflective of science vessels.
    Legal Department = Defiant Class

    CEO = Commander of Starfleet
    Misc corporate ranks = Commandants, Admirals, Sector Commanders, etc
    Store Owner = Captains
    Store Managers = Commanders
    Assistant Managers = Lt. Commanders
    Full Time Workers = Lieutenants
    Part Time Workers = Lieutenant, Jr. Grade
    Trainee = Ensign
    Applicants = Cadets

  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    You forgot the Marketing Department. They should be Section 31.

    Your belief is not required
  • Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    So for drinks so far we have:

    Pepsi Bismol
    Iced Earl Grey Tea
    Prune Juice
    Coffee with Prune Juice in it

    I would not buy a drink here.

    Tarkalian (sp?) Tea,
    Synthale
    Root Beer
    Everything Scotty Ever Drank Including "It's Green"
    that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

    Thanatos wrote: »
    Goldman Sachs may as well be named COBRA.
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard Registered User regular
    The drink names sound like they'd be better with alcohol in them.

    steam_sig.png
    NNID - bejamus | ESO - (at)guinneapig
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Richy wrote: »
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Any four topping sub is the Cardassian special.

    ... ok I'm done.

    I'll give you your sub, human. Just as soon as you say that there are five toppings on it. Now tell me, how many toppings do you see?

    THERE.

    ARE.

    FOUR.

    TOPPINGS.

    Cogliostro on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So for drinks so far we have:

    Pepsi Bismol
    Iced Earl Grey Tea
    Prune Juice
    Coffee with Prune Juice in it

    I would not buy a drink here.

    Don't forget Blood Wine.

    Richy on
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • EddEdd Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    So for drinks so far we have:

    Pepsi Bismol
    Iced Earl Grey Tea
    Prune Juice
    Coffee with Prune Juice in it

    I would not buy a drink here.

    Don't forget Blood Wine.

    You could sell a beer called "Drümhead." Each pint comes with a riveting lecture about ethics.

  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    @Cogliostro: That was totally worth waiting for a whole day for someone to pick up the hint!

    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • RenaissanceDanRenaissanceDan Registered User
    The Gul Ducutlet.

  • BogartBogart Mr. Lady Anime Registered User regular
    6943821039_b68cd4e069.jpg

    Oh my lord this is fabulous.

  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I still find it somewhat surprising that TNG never ventured to the Mirror Universe. I remember reading a novel about a Mirror Enterprise-D, but none of the details.

    Probably a good thing, since that would have meant DS9 wouldn't have had the blank slate for their Mirror adventures. I seem to recall them being good at first, but kind of getting silly towards the end.

    camo_sig.png
  • CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I still find it somewhat surprising that TNG never ventured to the Mirror Universe. I remember reading a novel about a Mirror Enterprise-D, but none of the details.

    Probably a good thing, since that would have meant DS9 wouldn't have had the blank slate for their Mirror adventures. I seem to recall them being good at first, but kind of getting silly towards the end.
    I can't picture an evil Picard anyway.

    CycloneRanger on
    MWO User Name: Gorn Arming
    StarCraft II User Name: DeadMenRise
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    He'd have hair.

    He'd also tell Troi to shut it and make him a sandwich.

    Your belief is not required
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I recall reading that book. It was called Dark Mirror. I think I remember it being really good.

    Mirror Picard is literally knocked out for most of the book, so the writer didn't have to worry about writing him. And it's funny you should mention Mirror Troi. She was A) approximately as powerful as the captain for reasons and B) the most mean and evil of them all.

    Steam ID - Syphyreal --- 3DS Friend Code: 2723-9387-1002
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I still find it somewhat surprising that TNG never ventured to the Mirror Universe. I remember reading a novel about a Mirror Enterprise-D, but none of the details.

    Probably a good thing, since that would have meant DS9 wouldn't have had the blank slate for their Mirror adventures. I seem to recall them being good at first, but kind of getting silly towards the end.
    I can't picture an evil Picard anyway.

    Shinzon.

    Just looking through wiki and there's a character named Satan's Robot. :lol:

    Harry Dresden on
  • CasualCasual Revolver Ocelot (Revolver Ocelot)Registered User regular
    I still find it somewhat surprising that TNG never ventured to the Mirror Universe. I remember reading a novel about a Mirror Enterprise-D, but none of the details.

    Probably a good thing, since that would have meant DS9 wouldn't have had the blank slate for their Mirror adventures. I seem to recall them being good at first, but kind of getting silly towards the end.
    I can't picture an evil Picard anyway.

    Patrick Stewart was never exactly fully on board with the whole "talking to guys with fish heads while wearing latex pajamas" corneyness that was Star Trek. I can fully imagine him being brought a script which required him to do that but with a goatee and an evil laugh, at this point he'd hurl the script at someone and point blank refuse to do it.

    Revolver Ocelot
    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    I recall reading that book. It was called Dark Mirror. I think I remember it being really good.

    Mirror Picard is literally knocked out for most of the book, so the writer didn't have to worry about writing him. And it's funny you should mention Mirror Troi. She was A) approximately as powerful as the captain for reasons and B) the most mean and evil of them all.

    An evil Picard would be terrifying. Mirror Troi sounds like Mirror Hoshi.

  • SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    I am convinced that the mirror universe is just Q porn or something. "How about we create a parallel time line where 90% of the galaxy has the mentality of a Romulan sex addict? LuLs. Make it so!"

    Izuela.png
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    gjaustin wrote: »
    He'd have hair.

    He'd also tell Troi to shut it and make him a sandwich.

    Evil Picard will be played by sir Ian Mckellen.

    sig_zpsf0994cbd.jpg
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    From TNG Season 8:
    The Enterprise is flung into the Delta Quadrant by an alien called the Caretaker. Geordi soups up the warp core and they're home by dinner.
    A virus that accesses genetic memory transforms Troi into a primeval warrior. Technically, Wesley still lives with his mom.
    Beverly fights an alien info-virus that overwrites the human brain. Worf claims allergies are dishonorable, refuses to stop eating peanuts.
    Riker's ex-girlfriend arrives and dies, leaving behind a pile of glowing dust and a mystery. Picard is trapped on a turbolift with a horse.

    Richy on
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    A planet of androids think Data is too human, sentence him to a memory wipe. Riker must now avoid four decks because of ex-girlfriends.
    Future versions of Beverly travel back in time to demand she be executed before she goes insane and kills Wesley. Directed by LeVar Burton.

    Are there MSpaints of any more of these or do I have work to do?

    override367 on
    XBLIVE: Biggestoverride
    League of Legends: override367
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    That really is the best Twitter feed.

    steam_sig.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Future versions of Beverly travel back in time to demand she be executed before she goes insane and kills Wesley. Directed by LeVar Burton.

    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Do what must be done, Override.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Troi senses confusion, and great anger.

    XBLIVE: Biggestoverride
    League of Legends: override367
  • RenaissanceDanRenaissanceDan Registered User
    Syphyre wrote: »
    I recall reading that book. It was called Dark Mirror. I think I remember it being really good.

    Mirror Picard is literally knocked out for most of the book, so the writer didn't have to worry about writing him. And it's funny you should mention Mirror Troi. She was A) approximately as powerful as the captain for reasons and B) the most mean and evil of them all.

    Yeah. Really, just, excellent parallel universe stuff. Which can get tiresome really fast. The Mirror Enterprise-D had far superior weapons and more militaristic uniforms (as described). The stuff about Mirror Picard was generally hinted at, but he was basically a ruthless bastard. Which you'd have to be, because most promotions there seemed to come from dead men's shoes.

  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    The book cover was hilarious it had good Picard and bad Picard and you could tell which was which because good Picard had a friendly smile and bad Picard had a frown. Subtlety!

    Also the mirror universe was bad because earth and part of the spiral arm of the galaxy was slowly flying off from the rest of the milky way and that made humans lonely and shit.

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    The book cover was hilarious it had good Picard and bad Picard and you could tell which was which because good Picard had a friendly smile and bad Picard had a frown. Subtlety!

    Also the mirror universe was bad because earth and part of the spiral arm of the galaxy was slowly flying off from the rest of the milky way and that made humans lonely and shit.

    What

    That... that's a thing in that book?

    Lh96QHG.png
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    I still find it somewhat surprising that TNG never ventured to the Mirror Universe. I remember reading a novel about a Mirror Enterprise-D, but none of the details.

    Probably a good thing, since that would have meant DS9 wouldn't have had the blank slate for their Mirror adventures. I seem to recall them being good at first, but kind of getting silly towards the end.
    I can't picture an evil Picard anyway.

    Shinzon.

    Just looking through wiki and there's a character named Satan's Robot. :lol:

    RobotDevil.jpg

    ?

    sig.png
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    The book cover was hilarious it had good Picard and bad Picard and you could tell which was which because good Picard had a friendly smile and bad Picard had a frown. Subtlety!

    Also the mirror universe was bad because earth and part of the spiral arm of the galaxy was slowly flying off from the rest of the milky way and that made humans lonely and shit.

    What

    That... that's a thing in that book?

    Yeah basically the stars in our part of the arm were drifting off making it harder for the human empire to stay in control and conquer so they try to invade the federation!

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    The book cover was hilarious it had good Picard and bad Picard and you could tell which was which because good Picard had a friendly smile and bad Picard had a frown. Subtlety!

    Also the mirror universe was bad because earth and part of the spiral arm of the galaxy was slowly flying off from the rest of the milky way and that made humans lonely and shit.

    What

    That... that's a thing in that book?

    Yeah basically the stars in our part of the arm were drifting off making it harder for the human empire to stay in control and conquer so they try to invade the federation!

    GALAXIES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

    Lh96QHG.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    The book cover was hilarious it had good Picard and bad Picard and you could tell which was which because good Picard had a friendly smile and bad Picard had a frown. Subtlety!

    Also the mirror universe was bad because earth and part of the spiral arm of the galaxy was slowly flying off from the rest of the milky way and that made humans lonely and shit.

    What

    That... that's a thing in that book?

    Yeah basically the stars in our part of the arm were drifting off making it harder for the human empire to stay in control and conquer so they try to invade the federation!

    GALAXIES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

    Welcome to science fiction. 8-)

  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    The book cover was hilarious it had good Picard and bad Picard and you could tell which was which because good Picard had a friendly smile and bad Picard had a frown. Subtlety!

    Also the mirror universe was bad because earth and part of the spiral arm of the galaxy was slowly flying off from the rest of the milky way and that made humans lonely and shit.

    What

    That... that's a thing in that book?

    Yeah basically the stars in our part of the arm were drifting off making it harder for the human empire to stay in control and conquer so they try to invade the federation!

    GALAXIES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

    Welcome to science fiction. 8-)

    A Q did it.

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    I still find it somewhat surprising that TNG never ventured to the Mirror Universe. I remember reading a novel about a Mirror Enterprise-D, but none of the details.

    Probably a good thing, since that would have meant DS9 wouldn't have had the blank slate for their Mirror adventures. I seem to recall them being good at first, but kind of getting silly towards the end.
    I can't picture an evil Picard anyway.

    Shinzon.

    Just looking through wiki and there's a character named Satan's Robot. :lol:

    RobotDevil.jpg

    ?

    satan's robot is the flash gordon villain in Paris' holodeck program

    XBLIVE: Biggestoverride
    League of Legends: override367
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    The book cover was hilarious it had good Picard and bad Picard and you could tell which was which because good Picard had a friendly smile and bad Picard had a frown. Subtlety!

    Also the mirror universe was bad because earth and part of the spiral arm of the galaxy was slowly flying off from the rest of the milky way and that made humans lonely and shit.

    What

    That... that's a thing in that book?

    Yeah basically the stars in our part of the arm were drifting off making it harder for the human empire to stay in control and conquer so they try to invade the federation!

    GALAXIES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

    Welcome to science fiction. 8-)

    tumblr_m08jhp9xlp1qepq6ho1_500.png

    Lh96QHG.png
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    I still find it somewhat surprising that TNG never ventured to the Mirror Universe. I remember reading a novel about a Mirror Enterprise-D, but none of the details.

    Probably a good thing, since that would have meant DS9 wouldn't have had the blank slate for their Mirror adventures. I seem to recall them being good at first, but kind of getting silly towards the end.
    I can't picture an evil Picard anyway.

    Shinzon.

    Just looking through wiki and there's a character named Satan's Robot. :lol:

    RobotDevil.jpg

    ?

    satan's robot is the flash gordon villain in Paris' holodeck program

    I like mine better.

    sig.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Robot Satan vs Q would be glorious.

  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Syphyre wrote: »
    I recall reading that book. It was called Dark Mirror. I think I remember it being really good.

    Mirror Picard is literally knocked out for most of the book, so the writer didn't have to worry about writing him. And it's funny you should mention Mirror Troi. She was A) approximately as powerful as the captain for reasons and B) the most mean and evil of them all.

    An evil Picard would be terrifying.

    Not to cross the streams, but Evil Picard is basically Grand Admiral Thrawn.

    And him loose in Star Trek would be terrifying.

    Reading TNG Season 8...I want to go to a con and give a bunch of the best of these to the cast (I think, for the 25th anniversary, they're appearing more frequently in larger groups at cons) to read out, each one read out by the relevant actor (if one is about two characters interacting, whichever character's name is mentioned first). Anything about the ship or crew in general would be read by Stewart.

    Stewart: "A computer virus disables the Enterprise and the replicators; water scarcity causes a panic."
    Wheaton: "Wesley's 'practice date' with Data gets weird."
    Spiner: :winky:

    Shadowen on
  • BogartBogart Mr. Lady Anime Registered User regular
    A planet of androids think Data is too human, sentence him to a memory wipe. Riker must now avoid four decks because of ex-girlfriends.
    Future versions of Beverly travel back in time to demand she be executed before she goes insane and kills Wesley. Directed by LeVar Burton.

    Are there MSpaints of any more of these or do I have work to do?

    The picture is by John Allison, of Bad Machinery and Scary Go Round. I don't think he's done any more as of yet.

This discussion has been closed.