As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Just cause something isn't in the base game doesn't mean the base game is right. IMO it strictly makes the game less fun for absolutely no benefit. There goes my last 15 hours into my nether project, for example. I was terraforming a nether base with grass and water features and gardens, and now I am not allowed to do that? How does not allowing me to do this add to the game in any way? Limitations are an integral part of gameplay but this particular one is just stupid and pointless, and purely takes away options without adding in any opportunities for creativity or new avenues of gameplay. It's just a "hey, you can't do this" for no reason except that "this" has been removed from the base game for equally stupid reasons.

I mean, you don't run minecarts like the base game. You use a plugin that adds functionality. Why the hell not allow us this functionality? The minecart example is even more dumb because not using MCM adds room for a TON of creativity in wiring minecart tracks and stations instead of just a sign and a few blocks. This limitation doesn't even add room for any creativity, it just restricts what we can do with no benefit at all. Something like "hey dudes, you can't use bonemeal on trees anymore for absolutely no reason".

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    The nether is filled with lava, sure we can walk right past it without instantly combusting, but I have a really hard time buying the idea that water would actually survive in the nether in any capacity without turning directly into water vapor.

I'm sorry you can't terraform a regular world style garden into the nether. Perhaps you could try something new and make a hellish nether style garden instead instead of demanding we change the game just for you?

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Not allowing water buckets makes the nether much harder. That was a sensible design decision by notch. The nether would be trivially easy with water buckets. Not allowing ice just cuts down player options for builds with no upside that I can see. I guess you can make the "lore" argument but lore plays such a trivially small part in minecraft that I think it is dumb. Games ignore lore all the time where following it would hurt gameplay; gamplay trumps lore, especially in a game that really doesn't have any to speak of. I think notch/jeb is making a mistake with ice and so are you.

I'm asking that you change the game BACK, and not just for me. Hell, why not just ban ice, since the default game does that? Clearly the "default game does it so we must do it too" argument doesn't actually matter to you, since you're allowing ice in the first place.

psyck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    hey butthurt dude
    quit being so fucking butthurt

is nuka is annoyed with you
    yeah.. time to shut up

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    redfenix wrote: »
    hey butthurt dude

yeah.. time to shut up

• Options
    We used to run a creative server, back in the day when it was the only option. As a relic of those days, we still allow people to get blocks usually not available in survival or things oddly rare, like ice, cracked-mossy-circle brick and mossy cobble. That doesn't mean we're going to start bringing back sponges so you can soak up water in a cube around you, or let you have water in the nether.

Since you're so emotionally invested in this game anyways it's probably a good idea you take a break. You can return when your faith in us isn't so shattered. If you want to find singleplayer mods to help boost your own gameplay, I know of a great resource for you.

• Options
    redfenix wrote: »
    hey butthurt dude

yeah.. time to shut up

How about you a poker up your ass

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Go sit in the naughty corner

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    In an effort to keep the discourse here moving along, I'm asking people to please not deliberately insult others and not tell others to shut up.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    Yeah, I'll happily take a break. I'll probably say who can have my stuff in a week or two, I think I'm done with this server. Too many poor decisions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    @redfenix and @apricotmuffins How about we don't insult other players and instead act like adults? This goes double for you apricot because you as an admin represent the server we run and we have to respect our players.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The Creaster Chicken has filled a vault full of rewards and ponies!

The following people clearly deposited their Magic Chicken Spawning Egg!
    sopapaya kokizzo Crowbawt dustmitebunny Mayabird Mirrotosk psyck0 dargondarkfire FerretX BloodyJack PvtCaboose Elarot Ingram77 Aeyther doktorjake Firematic jaa36 dargoondark regebs AzureOdyssey Lovie msuitepyon GiiNome Drijen JpsCrazy JeniC

(There are four more people that might have deposited eggs, but I can't make heads or tails of the log record, so if you feel you've been unfairly left off this list, let me know. I can check your name against those records.)

To collect your Creaster reward, climb up onto the chicken statue and dance on its bill! (I'm serious.)

The rewards vault will be open for a week. Get your Creaster prizes now!

introp on
  • Options
    ultimakay wrote: »
    @redfenix and @apricotmuffins How about we don't insult other players and instead act like adults? This goes double for you apricot because you as an admin represent the server we run and we have to respect our players.

you are of course, right. I apologise Psyck0.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Wait, I already brought water buckets into the nether before I found out I can't. Next time I log on I'll remove them and the cauldron too, sorry admins!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ChokeOnGlitterChokeOnGlitter Amazing San DiegoRegistered User regular
    psyck0 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll happily take a break. I'll probably say who can have my stuff in a week or two, I think I'm done with this server. Too many poor decisions.

aweeeee don't leave :\

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    Wait, I already brought water buckets into the nether before I found out I can't. Next time I log on I'll remove them and the cauldron too, sorry admins!

Cauldrons and buckets of water to fill said cauldron are fine as they cannot be freeflowing.

• Options
    FerretFerret Registered User regular
    Sooooooooooo much butt hurt lately.

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Naw, you can't do any harm with the buckets and cauldrons, that's np.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    I buried my water generator in the nether. It was sad. To cheer myself up I played with my hardy NetherChickens.

Also, I dont know if it is the same name on the forums as it is on the server, but if @Zebrahs could PM me? I wanted to talk about the building in woolhalla.

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    anyone else having issues with Sheep teleporting through fence?

• Options
    how tall are your fences? Sheep can glitch up to a certain height, and if your fence is shorter than that they will be able to appear outside of it.

Basically what I'm saying is that sheep behave the same way as low-temperature Helium, and via quantum effects, can pass through barriers to get out of a container, after which point they will almost never pass back to where they are supposed to stay.

• Options
    I've had all sorts of beasts teleport through walls and fences. I think Minecraft mobs are inherently non-local in nature.

(I think it has to do with the chunk loading or something; the mobs are right next to the fence, the whole thing gets unloaded, then when the chunk is re-loaded later the mobs are simulated before the fences and such are all "there." This is my best half-assed guess.)

• Options
    Also, I just checked my barn, and there have been a larger than normal number of escapee sheeps. I dont know if anything has changed serverwise, so it might just be a fluke.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Just to let everybody know, we survived Tornadogeddon unscathed...except for my poor lappy, who now has something hosed in either the adapter or the internal power distribution workings. So I won't be on for a while, hopefully just the first part of the week.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    D: Stay safe out there!

• Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    I'm not really going to apologize, since I stand behind what I said, but I will apologize for sticking my nose where it didn't need to belong

It wasn't my fight or argument, and I did stir the pot a bit.... I just saw part of the convo and got a little pissed at the entitlement, and defensive for the work done by Nuka, et al.

Anyway, wooooooosh i'll run away again!

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i ended up playing equivalent exchange + redpower + industrialcraft + buildcraft for a few weeks instead of joining you guys again

i just don't understand nuclear engineering, i had to shut down my reactor before i blew up the rest of my gadgets

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    If y'all keep antagonizing your base players, before long it will be an admin only server.

Which is fine, if that's your plan and all.

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    EE is EEasy mode in survival, but i think i might try skytable simply because it looks hilarious

you start with just a tiny bit of "emc", which you can exchange for a few items, and you have to convert that into self-sustaining resources and eventually make your way to the nether and then eventually the end

this is where you start:

UcJWr.png

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    DreadprophetDreadprophet Registered User regular
    LIES!!!!!! LIES AND SLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And also, words!

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    you guys should reset the map so that it's empty

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    do it, do it twice

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Once again, if people have a complaint or a suggestion about the server, please PM me first. It gives us a chance to let you know directly why we have things done a certain way, or lets us fix something faster that we have missed.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    Do remember that I am a forgetful person. If I say I'll do something and then I don't, it's because I forgot. Not because I'm on some personal vendetta against you.

• Options
    Unless your name is sopa, in which case yes, we are all on crusades of vengeance against you.

• Options
    But if nobody is out to get me, I don't feel special!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    I will get you Darmak, you and your little kitties too.

• Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    Not the kitties! Anything but the kitties!

• Options
    :D

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    grey wrote: »
    I will get you Darmak, you and your little kitties too.

so thats what happened to all the cats at the camp!

This discussion has been closed.