As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    I'd be forever cursing the moments I missed the switch, personally.

another logistic thing: If we're going to have vanilla, someone needs to provide iron for the carts. For free.

Sounds like that iron golem farm will be needed after all?

MUAHAHAHAHA. AND MY PLAN FALLS INTO PLACE.

• Options
    FerretFerret Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Alright if you have some beautiful biome in mind now is the time to show it, for it is Drunk time location deciding time. I've picked out a few locations which were mostly rubbish but i believe i have one that is perfect.

May i present to you: "Whisky Dick Mountain"

lrRke.jpg

I have some others but I feel as though this one wins hands down. I want this to be a community decision so if you have a place you feel beats the glory of whiskey dick mountain. come forward now.

Once I have some feedback on the location and one is decided we will begin stage 2 which involves getting transportation to the area built , terraforming the area , and grouping mass supplies.

Also my tolerance for other human beings is very low at the moment yell at me on steam if you need me.

Ferret on
    Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    I'd be forever cursing the moments I missed the switch, personally.

another logistic thing: If we're going to have vanilla, someone needs to provide iron for the carts. For free.

We aren't supplying the carts now?

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    oh we are as long as we have MCM. But if people want to go totally vanilla on a future map, we'll lose that function and as an admin I am most certainly not spawning in a million minecarts for people to take and trash.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    I volunteer to build the drunk town station, that has the chance to send you somewhere random upon leaving drunk town :3

• Options
    Dis' wrote: »
    I volunteer to build the drunk town station, that has the chance to send you somewhere random upon leaving drunk town :3

You would have all my love

• Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    oh we are as long as we have MCM. But if people want to go totally vanilla on a future map, we'll lose that function and as an admin I am most certainly not spawning in a million minecarts for people to take and trash.

That's surprising. I just assumed we were building them from donated iron. Now that I know that MCM is just magically fabricating carts out of thin, cubic air I'm even more against it.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Man i tried to log in before work (yay im working again) and see what everyone is up to, apparently the server was updated since last i was on annnndd i updated to the wrong version.

can someone link me or pm instructions oh how to get back on?

off to work i go, be back in 10hrs

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Man i tried to log in before work (yay im working again) and see what everyone is up to, apparently the server was updated since last i was on annnndd i updated to the wrong version.

can someone link me or pm instructions oh how to get back on?

off to work i go, be back in 10hrs

If you let the client update itself to 1.2.5 then you should be good. Did you have any mods installed before you updated?

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Squall wrote: »
    started playing this again after quitting just after the hell update, lookit all this new stuff

jumped out of my damn seat when i heard a zombie try to break down my door

anyone know if there's a texture pack equivalent to Frenden's pack? I really loved the cartoony look his pack had but it looks like he stopped updating it a while back (several items straight up dont have textures anymore)

@Squall BDCraft is what I use. I dunno if you'd necessarily call it cartoony, but it's pretty great all the same.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ffaristocratffaristocrat Registered User regular

I'm sure there's some huge complicated redstone pattern to do a pseudo-random number generator, but you could probably just have a villager trapped in a room with pressure plates and whichever one it stumbled over last triggers the destination.

• Options
    Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular

I'm sure there's some huge complicated redstone pattern to do a pseudo-random number generator, but you could probably just have a villager trapped in a room with pressure plates and whichever one it stumbled over last triggers the destination.

I believe the accepted proper random numbers are pig-powered :P

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I have not played this in forever.

Also what is this craziness I hear about wanting a vanilla server?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Ferret wrote: »
    lrRke.jpg

Beautiful. I don't mind terraforming one bit, so if this is the decided location I'll take that job.

I REALLY hope you're serious. 'Cause that would be absolutely perfect.

• Options
    Artreus wrote: »

Not vanilla server, just vanilla minecart system - No MCM.

• Options
    Unless someone speaks up about hating the spot and having a better one before I get off work i guess that will be the spot.

Also i'm thinking of a smaller event leading up the the main event, "Drunk Shack". A couple like minded individuals could get together and drunkenly build the supply house that will be required to store beds and all the supplies for the monument.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Oh. Well. I was one of the people pushing really hard for MCM in the first place.

I'm guessing they have added enough things to the base game that make MCM redundant/broken?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Why are we getting rid of it? What's wrong with just slappin a sign under a station block?

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Ya'll are welcome to do whatever you want vis a vis rails, but MCM is the support we're willing to offer from the perspective of transportation infrastructure, and if the vanilla infrastructure includes clocks or other persistent redstone that generates lag I'll be less than sympathetic.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Unless someone speaks up about hating the spot and having a better one before I get off work i guess that will be the spot.

Also i'm thinking of a smaller event leading up the the main event, "Drunk Shack". A couple like minded individuals could get together and drunkenly build the supply house that will be required to store beds and all the supplies for the monument.

Despite not being all that active on the thread/server I would *TOTALLY* be down for drunken building. I've had some experience in that regard, already. :D (Best to stop laying blocks when the screen's too blurry to read.)

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Here's the thing re MCM: this is a server-wide issue, so the principle of least harm applies. What is the harm of leaving MCM in and letting people who want use vanilla rails for their personal system do so? What is the harm of removing MCM and requiring all people to use vanilla rails for all systems?

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    On the next map (whenever that may happen), I'd like to see a more distributed hub and spoke type system. Spawn heads in the cardinal directions and then, periodically, there are holding loops with announcement signs that let you know what stations are off of that loop. Direct travel to distant parts would be more inconvenient, but maintenance and expansion would be much easier.

• Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    Junpei wrote: »
    Welp I've put up my first video, it's unreservedly awful but this will probably improve ... probably.

I have the face for radio and the voice for silent movies. Luckily, my wife saves the day and a kitten ruins it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj0XJrE11kg

so you took my recommendation of a tree house in the jungle?

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular

haha, it seems so! We came across the jungle and thought, well it'll be night soon so we might as well settle here. Little did we know there were plains just beyond the jungle, but such is life. We'll continue to update soon (once I've worked out the terrible sound issues)

• Options
    Ya'll are welcome to do whatever you want vis a vis rails, but MCM is the support we're willing to offer from the perspective of transportation infrastructure, and if the vanilla infrastructure includes clocks or other persistent redstone that generates lag I'll be less than sympathetic.

this. some people don't realize that red stone can slow the server down.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

This is less effective than you might think as they don't move around that much in confined spaces. When you consider the overhead of having space for the villager to run around in, and luring them there in the first place, its not at all effective vs torch burnout rngs or dispenser ones.

Dis' on
  • Options

haha, it seems so! We came across the jungle and thought, well it'll be night soon so we might as well settle here. Little did we know there were plains just beyond the jungle, but such is life. We'll continue to update soon (once I've worked out the terrible sound issues)

echoes! lol.
    and cats trying to play minecraft as well.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    what is the threads opinion on

Quad Effin Mountain?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    So that is the place near -2780, 1440, correct? What's the nearest station off the Woolhalla spur?
    Once I have some feedback on the location and one is decided we will begin stage 2 which involves getting transportation to the area built , terraforming the area , and grouping mass supplies.

Ferret wrote:
    terraforming the area

We don't need to do any stinkin' terraforming! What, are you trying to make it safe, remove the dangerous cliffs that we could stumble off in our inebriation?

• Options
    Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    JpsCrazy wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »

Not vanilla server, just vanilla minecart system - No MCM.

Oh I'm not pushing for killing MCM or anything, was just discussing old style stations. Replacing everything with redstone switches and stations would require loads more room even with the most compact possible design. Someone mentioned a hub & spoke system for the rails though, and that would be nice; the current layout is a bit chaotic. Maybe people who feel motivated could redesign the current layout?

Bloody Jack on
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    grey wrote: »
    On the next map (whenever that may happen), I'd like to see a more distributed hub and spoke type system. Spawn heads in the cardinal directions and then, periodically, there are holding loops with announcement signs that let you know what stations are off of that loop. Direct travel to distant parts would be more inconvenient, but maintenance and expansion would be much easier.

The two are not mutually exclusive. You can still have AFK routing and hub "destinations." (Imagine the trivial case where "north" takes you down the north line ad nauseum, but "north1" takes you to the first major hub on the north line. Etc.)

Basically, I'm saying that if I give up AFK routing (a.k.a. fetch-a-beer-time), I'm gonna cut you. :P

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    just going to post this here because I love Nova + this series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sewl7P5K0Z8

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    LaikkaLaikka Hungry like the Wolf Jonesboro, ARRegistered User regular
    Alright if you have some beautiful biome in mind now is the time to show it, for it is Drunk time location deciding time. I've picked out a few locations which were mostly rubbish but i believe i have one that is perfect.

lrRke.jpg

I have some others but I feel as though this one wins hands down. I want this to be a community decision so if you have a place you feel beats the glory of whiskey dick mountain. come forward now.

Also my tolerance for other human beings is very low at the moment yell at me on steam if you need me.

Bumpitty for Whiskey Dick Mountain. Ask Ferret all about whiskey dick. Which fortunately does not involve me in it.

"I must warn you, getting what you want and being happy are two quite different things."
    b4g779.gif
  • Options
    Mayabird wrote: »
    So that is the place near -2780, 1440, correct? What's the nearest station off the Woolhalla spur?

Ferret wrote:
    terraforming the area

We don't need to do any stinkin' terraforming! What, are you trying to make it safe, remove the dangerous cliffs that we could stumble off in our inebriation?

it will be minor terraforming, very minor, torches, get that devil grass out of there maybe polish up a hill or two to better suit building , remove like the 5 tree's that are there

• Options

Ferret wrote:
    terraforming the area

it will be minor terraforming, very minor, torches, get that devil grass out of there maybe polish up a hill or two to better suit building , remove like the 5 tree's that are there
    if im available can i be the sober on looker who watches the hilarity, (and maybe nudges a drunk off a cliff)?

• Options
    TwixxoTwixxo the Lovebot Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Attention Nether-goers!

Nether travel has apparently become even more risky. Perhaps Lovie thought she would go to the Nether to help dustmitebunny build, perhaps harvest some nether-wart, or just ponder life as she gazes across a lava lake- we may never know because instead of the portal sending her to the Nether, she was teleported to a small platform floating in an infinite void in The End!

If you get stuck here and no admins are on, you will either have to wait or do /kill and hope you respawn at your bed!
    <3

E: Carrington will investigate multiverse's shinaniganz this weekend.

Twixxo on
    TNBNcdc.gif
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    So, because it's thrown a new and interesting error, I must remind everyone:

MULTIVERSE IS AWFUL. BY GOING INTO A NETHER PORTAL YOU TAKE YOUR LIFE INTO YOUR OWN HANDS!

"But Carrington", you ask, "if Multiverse is so awful, why pray tell are we using it?"

Because it is what is available!

"What is your plan to stop these atrocious breaches of the public trust!"

While I considered setting the map on fire, I determined that course of action would be deleterious vis a vis morale. My current plan is to A) try to upgrade as soon as possible and B) heckle the Multiverse developers with new tickets until they provide a means of upgrading.

"If I find myself in a pickle as a result of going into a nether portal, what should I do?"

First, if it's anything other than the portal flat out rejecting you or sending you to skylands, post here. Second, you can either die or bother an admin to get you out of whatever situation you find yourself in. If you die we're not going to be able to replace your things, so be cognizant of what you have on you. Sometimes you will die without the choice. That sucks and I sympathize, much as I do with people who receive unwarranted paper cuts.

Thank you and goodnight.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options

Ferret wrote:
    terraforming the area

if im available can i be the sober on looker who watches the hilarity, (and maybe nudges a drunk off a cliff)?

aye while it's called drunk town , if you have some morals against drinking or on the date that is decided upon you cannot you may still attend.

• Options
    doktorjakedoktorjake Registered User regular
    You can set up button operated MCM, since redstone power on/off is one of the states you can enter onto the control sign. Doing so isn't the best idea since the redstone controls you need makes it pretty much the equal amount of fuss to just doing the system in vanilla. Or you can use the various spawn cart and grab player options so that you press a button and get put in the right cart, but thats again a high level of complexity.

The reason my router is complicated is to deal with issues you've overlooked in your mail carrier - in the rest state people coming the other direction will be routed to the bed. I think a better set up will be something like this:

20120510131102.png

Using two rail spliters so whichever direction you're incoming on it'll hold you and you press the button to continue onwards in that direction

i'd imagined a two-way rail system where the default 'straight' would be dependant on the direction you were travelling. Ideally, travellers wouldnt have to stop until they got to their station. additionally, this would solve traffic disputes.

What I was really talking about in MCM was getting rid of text commands. After a day of thinking about it, thats really my beef with the system. is there a way to set your station using a button? like, just slap the sign on the back of the block that has a button and that sets your station for you? no typing? no jarringly un-minecraft-like text command? If we could have that, I think a room *filled* with buttons in the central station may be difficult, but it would look awesome and be really cool.

grey wrote: »

Completely agree. Not to mention how much cooler this would look on the Dynmap.

• Options
    IsaIsa Registered User regular
    Whisky Dick Mountain

it's beautiful

This discussion has been closed.