As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Apparently I have a nemesis

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I solve conflicts with my words

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Samurai Champloo is a good show

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    My favorite samurai films are Sanjuro and Ghost Dog.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Thanks, Geek. I came here to post exactly that.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    My best friend's grandfather was one of the people who helped design and construct the A-10.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Gatsby wrote: »
    My best friend's grandfather was one of the people who helped design and construct the A-10.

Awesome! Can he get me a flight? Or even just a guided tour around the factory?

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    All in all, a bunch of good alternatives for Fandy.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

My grandfather says he helped construct a B2 bomber, among other planes.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Woodroez wrote:
    Dichotomy wrote:
    okay someone just post a cold steel video and let's get this over with

Well why get a sword when you can get a knife MORE POWERFUL THAN A .357 MAGNUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwS9bV5X488

Fandyien, the situation you're in is absolutely nuts. I think the theory that this is just some random thief that got your name from your laptop seems sound to me. Not sure that I have anything more to add; just a bizarre and painful spot to be in, I can only imagine.

Who are you? Your not @Omegatofuninja @Fire_Truck or @Arturus

Bucketman on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Plane thread plane thread plane thread yes yes yes yes yes

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    Dubh wrote:
    I don't have a nemesis, but I got nailed in the tit with a fencing foil two weeks ago

for those of you not going through hormone treatment

it really, really hurts when that happens

it's brutal either way; I was dueling with this guy who had a good 80 pounds and 6 inches on me and he was ruthlessly aggressive
    my chest is bruised all to hell, but i still beat that guy
    all i had to do was get in close so his ridiculous reach couldn't do anything

there is this other guy in my class who refuses to listen to the instructor and instead spins and flails around like his foil is a fucking keyblade
    i say keyblade, because he brings his own foil, and he put a fucking KEYBLADE CHAIN on it

no one ever duels him if they can help it, because he basically ignores all the rules and just acts like a kid with a toy
    he's broken his blade like, five times

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    okay someone just post a cold steel video and let's get this over with

a lot of their stuff is absurd

but to be fair, their folding utility knives are really well-made and reasonably priced

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Dubh wrote:
    I don't have a nemesis, but I got nailed in the tit with a fencing foil two weeks ago

it's brutal either way; I was dueling with this guy who had a good 80 pounds and 6 inches on me and he was ruthlessly aggressive
    my chest is bruised all to hell, but i still beat that guy
    all i had to do was get in close so his ridiculous reach couldn't do anything

there is this other guy in my class who refuses to listen to the instructor and instead spins and flails around like his foil is a fucking keyblade
    i say keyblade, because he brings his own foil, and he put a fucking KEYBLADE CHAIN on it

no one ever duels him if they can help it, because he basically ignores all the rules and just acts like a kid with a toy
    he's broken his blade like, five times

it's extra special now

but, yeah, hurts like hell either way

I was in a tourney where one of my opponents kept blocking with his arm

fouled on him seven times in a row until he told me to stop hitting him in the arm

to which the director cuts in with: "Well, stop putting it in the way"

all I had to do was shrug and smile

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    wait a fucking second

I shouldn't just gloss over that keyblade chain

jesus fucking christ

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Dubh wrote:
    wait a fucking second

I shouldn't just gloss over that keyblade chain

jesus fucking christ

Ahahahahaha, I always wondered if someone could take something as cool as fencing and make it dumb. I guess someone has.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Why has no one called this jackass on his stupid keyblade chain?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Man I want to take fencing classes again.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Lars wrote:
    Let's try and use Sitcom Physics to solve the crime.

If Jerry Seinfeld had found himself in this situation, then who would have--no wait, bad example, the answer would be Newman.

If Dick Solomon had found himself in this situation, then the answer is aliens. Do you know any aliens? It's probably them or possibly Newman again.

If you don't know any aliens or Newman, then sitcom physics dictates that it's either a vengeful ex or somebody you wronged years ago during a high school flashback episode.

Of course, if we're dealing with Soap Opera Physics, then you're screwed. It could be anyone from your dog, to your parents, to your evil long lost son who has somehow aged to his teenage years in the span of a year or two.

If all your situations involve Wayne Knight in some way shape or form then we should go ahead and assume the Monstars are behind this.

Fandy! Recruit Michael Jordan and the Toon Squad to help you.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    my class would give someone so much shit over a keyblade chain

heck, or teacher would probably stop a bout to tell him to take that silly thing off

sweet old lady, the top of her just clears the bottom of my rib cage

but, man, she can chew out someone without even raising her voice

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote:

That is my absolute favorite airplane of all time, and I'm an aerodynamicist.

And back to the OP: Dude, that sucks! I hope it's something innocuous.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote:

My grandfather says he helped construct a B2 bomber, among other planes.

One of my scoutmasters was a test pilot for the Harrier when it came over to the USMC. Another scoutmaster worked in some capacity with Northrop Grumman, I think?

My personal favorite plane is this guy:
    f-117-nighthawk10.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tonkka wrote:
    Man I want to take fencing classes again.

I would like to take a fencing class. Well, I'd rather take a class on how to fight with long swords and shit but fencing is the closest I can get.

edit: wait, these guys give classes on what I'm looking for: http://www.thearma.org/
    edit edit: their uniforms are red and black, that's how you know they're serious

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    I have multiple knives in my apartment, but I wouldn't use any of them in a fight. Just grab a lamp/maglite/whatever if worse comes to worst, I'm significantly more likely to injure myself than the intruder with a knife.

same
    Sharp things and I don't always get along

• Options

we whisper about him loudly to ourselves
    there's this one neckbearded nerd (routinely talks about his d&d campaign loudly and obnoxiously as if it makes him cooler) who i cannot beat
    not from lack of skill, but because he enrages me so much I forget that the strategy that works best for me is making them come to me
    its not the nerdiness, or the neckbeard
    it's the goddamn smugness that he radiates whenever he beats someone, and the sheer stupidity of his excuses whenever he loses
    i think he accused me of cheating once in a tournament and the guy calling the match just told him to shut the fuck up and go sit WHERE THE DOUBLE LOSERS SIT

i was in the loser's bracket you see
    lost my first match because it was against a tiny little girl who contained in her small frame the fury of the sun. i mistakenly tried to match her pace, and ended up in the loser's bracket. also it was 7 in the morning and that's an exhausting time for me.
    i beat her when i faced her in that bracket, and ended up getting third place. yayyy

this is my fencing story. God i hate that ginger neckbeard.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    "go sit where the double losers sit" is a phrase that I think is funny

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I have a soft spot in my heart for the C-130, and the A-10 is an absolute beast, but my favorite plane is

Whoosh
    sr-71-blackbird.jpg

Did you see it? Of course you didn't! Mach 3.2 bitches

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote:

D:

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote:
    "go sit where the double losers sit" is a phrase that I think is funny

yeah im pretty happy with how it turned out
    i'd like to thank our lord and savior jesus christ

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    those peruvian cut rock walls are nothing compared to the SR 71 when it comes to evidence for alien intervention in humanity's technology

sig.png
  • Options
    also there are some Big Booty Bitches in my fencing class
    i knew that yoga pants existed for a reason

• Options
    Usagi wrote:
    I have a soft spot in my heart for the C-130, and the A-10 is an absolute beast, but my favorite plane is

Whoosh
    sr-71-blackbird.jpg

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes best plane ever

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote:

there's this one neckbearded nerd (routinely talks about his d&d campaign loudly and obnoxiously as if it makes him cooler) who i cannot beat
    not from lack of skill, but because he enrages me so much I forget that the strategy that works best for me is making them come to me
    it's the goddamn smugness that he radiates whenever he beats someone, and the sheer stupidity of his excuses whenever he loses
    i think he accused me of cheating once in a tournament and the guy calling the match just told him to shut the fuck up and go sit WHERE THE DOUBLE LOSERS SIT

lost my first match because it was against a tiny little girl who contained in her small frame the fury of the sun. i mistakenly tried to match her pace, and ended up in the loser's bracket. also it was 7 in the morning and that's an exhausting time for me.
    i beat her when i faced her in that bracket, and ended up getting third place. yayyy

I'm deathly afraid of the tiny and furious fencers

I have to aim down at them and it's guard all the way down from my height

and they're just aiming at my squishy innards

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Fandy

This is important

If you are ever taking out your garbage

And someone announces that it is garbage day

Do not turn to face them

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    Usagi wrote:

Whoosh
    sr-71-blackbird.jpg

I saw the one at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and it is an impressive plane to behold up close.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Dubh wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:

I'm deathly afraid of the tiny and furious fencers

I have to aim down at them and it's guard all the way down from my height

and they're just aiming at my squishy innards

god i know. people my height, i can handle, people who are taller i can handle easily, but 2 small 2 furious is 2 hard

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Tossrock wrote:
    those peruvian cut rock walls are nothing compared to the SR 71 when it comes to evidence for alien intervention in humanity's technology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNxwkCPxx3Q&feature=related

• Options
    I feel so dirty when I'm forced to abuse my reach

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That sounds like a lot of fun, Dubh...
    :winky:

• Options
    Darmak wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    Usagi wrote:

Whoosh
    sr-71-blackbird.jpg

I saw the one at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and it is an impressive plane to behold up close.

i managed to touch one at the kalamazoo air zoo

• Options
    ALL NEW ANCIENT ALIENS

JtgVX0H.png