As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Shut it down! SHUT IT ALL DOWN! (go post in the new thread)

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Huh, so APB Reloaded is on Steam and is F2P

I was sort of interested in APB way back before it launched and failed spectacularly the first time around

• Options
    FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    Not sure who's responsible for the awesome thread logo, but I just noticed that Ye Olde Style reveals a small issue with the text that isn't apparent on a light background:

jCMTe.png

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Well one and a half entries so far. Not too bad a start. Come on people! Everyone has ms paint, get to stylin! I'm really bored at work. :( help.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    MS paint time! PM me a nice ms paint of your favorite game scene. Ms paint edits also cool, if you just want to slap a picture on there and draw horrible text bubbles and explosions and such.

I expect you all to spend hundreds of hours, if not thousands, on perfect ms paint goodness.

Normal rules applies, six months on forum, etc, etc.
    I would, but I am awkward as fuck and would just embarass myself.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I ended up with an extra key for the Aftershock DLC for Sanctum. Contest time.

Q.) What happened in London on the night of October 5th, 1935?

First person to PM me the answer gets the key.

Edit: SvK wins. All hail Chardo the Great.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    ..its ms paint. Seriously, being awkward and bad is usually the point, though I've seen some people do aces work in it. Id have just said picture or photoshop or something if I wanted quality.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ..its ms paint. Seriously, being awkward and bad is usually the point, though I've seen some people do aces work in it. Id have just said picture or photoshop or something if I wanted quality.
    True. True. I actually had a change of heart, and just finished.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Anyone not have Terraria yet? Apparently I bought 3 copies when it was on sale and have no one to give them to.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KleinKlein Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote:
    Anyone not have Terraria yet? Apparently I bought 3 copies when it was on sale and have no one to give them to.

I would be up for one.

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004437413

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Hmm...

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    TNTrooper wrote:

Yes please!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rivspa/

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Why does Orcs Must Die not have a 4pack? I want to buy a pack more than I want to buy a single copy for myself.

@Rizzi: I want more Australian Steam friends, but can't find you; what's your Steam profile?

• Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    Because it's single-player most likely.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

Working... furiously...

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Why does Orcs Must Die not have a 4pack? I want to buy a pack more than I want to buy a single copy for myself.

@Rizzi: I want more Australian Steam friends, but can't find you; what's your Steam profile?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Lord Yod wrote:
    Because it's single-player most likely.

but I waaaaaaaaaaaaant a fooooooooooooooooooooooour pack

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    holy crap difficulty jump at the baths OMD.

And I keep getting 4 skulls on the corner. Not sure what to do to get a higher score. I didn't let a single one even reach the turn. Would I get more points if I wasn't actively joining in the slaughter with my traps and archers?

• Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Ah, I love the smell of new thread in the morning!
    Since this is a new thread, I'm taking the liberty of leaving this here for reference. It's the last time, I promise :)

We were up to 8 people yesterday, it was pretty fun :)
    busfahrer wrote:
    Do we have an IRC chatroom?

I think don't think we do. Since Steam's own chat mechanism sucks, I took the liberty of registering a chatroom for us, in the only true way: The IRC way.

You can use this link if you want to chat via your web browser. Just enter a nickname, and enter #steamthread as the channel name.

For those of you who own a real IRC client (You can get one here), connect to the server irc.esper.net and join the channel #steamthread (by using your user interface or by entering /join #steamthread)

Would love to see you guys there!

I hope I'm not violating any thread rules by posting this here! :)

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    Skulls in OMD are earned for not letting anything touch your rift (4 skulls), and for completing the round faster than the par time (1 skull).

PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I to am Australian.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    AnteCantelope is a kind hearted classy gentleman.

• Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Defense Grid just updated itself with 244 Megabytes. This ARG is happening soon then, I guess.

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    busfahrer wrote:
    Defense Grid just updated itself with 244 Megabytes. This ARG is happening soon then, I guess.

I would assume that update has more to do with the new DLC, but there's probably a little ARG in there too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Figgy wrote:

Working... furiously...

Apparently. Like a freaking ms paint da vinci up in here.

Great entries so far. A lot more participating than I expected, actually, woo. Go team go!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Yeah, DG's update is the You Monster DLC which will be 5 bucks in a little less than 10 hours.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote:

Working... furiously...

Apparently. Like a freaking ms paint da vinci up in here.

Great entries so far. A lot more participating than I expected, actually, woo. Go team go!

I spent like 2 hours on mine, then gave up halfway through the rest of the drawing.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Saints Row 3 got a ton more fun once they gave me a helicopter whenever I want. Also big thanks to whoever suggested I upgrade the pistols. That explosive ammo really makes the terrible aiming system of the game tolerable. One glancing blow to make them go flying through the air? Yes please!

How does the hourly income thing work?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Fanda wrote:
    Not sure who's responsible for the awesome thread logo, but I just noticed that Ye Olde Style reveals a small issue with the text that isn't apparent on a light background
    Fixed:

NYkZ8.png

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Saints Row 3 got a ton more fun once they gave me a helicopter whenever I want. Also big thanks to whoever suggested I upgrade the pistols. That explosive ammo really makes the terrible aiming system of the game tolerable. One glancing blow to make them go flying through the air? Yes please!

I have no idea how you have a problem with the aiming. I had absolutely no problems with either the keyboard/mouse or controller. :p

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    MS Paint is more horrible than I remembered...

Tough to get the look I want. That's the trouble with having all this imagination and no talent to speak of.

• Options

It seems that if you're just dicking around, it takes an hour realtime to get paid, but you also get hourly income pretty much after every mission/activity/assasination/car theft, things like that.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Shout out to @Corpekata for giving me Dungeons of Dredmor. That kind gentleman is classy as fuck :D

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote:
    Just wanted to take a moment to say that @Iolo is, as ever, a classy gent, who has made my interminable purgatory in this hotel slightly better with his gift of Orcs Must Die.
    The good people at the Hilton curse you name, sir, and I thank you.

me too! just opened my email at work to a gift of Orcs Must Die! thanks @Iolo for brightening up my day

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    It looks like they're going to be giving out coupons during the holiday sale, going by the text that's up on the translation server. I guess that could make it different from previous years.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I feel like my entry could be a bit more detailed, but I also like the nice touches I've accomplished so far using MS paint tools.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I summoned every drop of my artistic talent to produce my entry.

You think I'm joking, don't you Choco? No, I really am that terrible.

Edit: Who here is interested in the Witcher, but doesn't have 1?

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote:
    I love the smell of new thread in the evening.

Smells like....Newell.

I mean, I'm guessing that's what it smells like.

I'm not sure if I actually would love that.

No mortal man can know what the Newell smells like.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    And sent. I look forward to the eventual post of all of our horrific creations.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote:
    It looks like they're going to be giving out coupons during the holiday sale, going by the text that's up on the translation server. I guess that could make it different from previous years.

There's already one out, for owners of Railworks. They have a 50 percent off coupon that can be used on anything published by them (so they can buy themselves DLC or gift the game).

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Wondering if anybody knows how to fix this. I haven't used Garry's Mod in forever, but I just built a new computer and downloaded a bunch of my Steam games onto it. I loaded up GM to just set the graphics settings like I was doing with all the other games I downloaded and it started auto downloading a bunch of other source games, I assume to get assets from them or something. How do you stop this from happening?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/