Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
It's neat how you contain a factory for making more of you.
So, my boyfriend and I have been discussing the idea of having children (in the future, once we're married and financially able and such).
He's on the fence, having images of losing all of his free time forever and being surrounded by snot-nosed poop-factories that break everything. While I'm sure there's a fair amount of that, I have to believe that there's a good side to all this baby-raising, too.
I'm not posting this to try and change his mind or convince him that we should have kids, I'd just like to see the benefits to having kids, too.
So, people - especially gamers out there - with kids, can you answer a few questions for me?
1. Why did you decide to have kids, if it's a decision you actually chose?
2. Are you able to juggle your games/hobbies/etc while taking care of kids? How do you manage this?
3. What is the worst thing about raising children?
4. What is the best thing about raising children?
5. Do you think your life is better with your children in it than it was before you had them?