Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PA comic: Friday December 9, 2011 - Ultimate Battle Lizard

BrogeyBrogey High MaintenanceSanta Monica, CASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
edited December 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-DNjdZLb-XL.jpg

Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
PSN: Bogestrom

Wampa Milk lives!!!

Posts

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The volcano sets this off.

  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    his face is kinda covered by the light, but his name is in the comic and it's totally bad ass. if I had lots of monies i'd say this was worth it


    oh and i guess the whole charity thing was worth it too

    PikaPuff on
  • LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Registered User
    As the person who was more than happy to fork over thousands of dollars to help little kids in hospitals, especially in exchange for a piece of immortality and 15 Internet minutes of fame....I am exceptionally satisfied with being a giant warrior fighting a Godzilla type monster. Now I just need another deployment so I can afford to donate at that level again...

    Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • AurichAurich Registered User regular
    Laemkral wrote:
    As the person who was more than happy to fork over thousands of dollars to help little kids in hospitals, especially in exchange for a piece of immortality and 15 Internet minutes of fame....I am exceptionally satisfied with being a giant warrior fighting a Godzilla type monster. Now I just need another deployment so I can afford to donate at that level again...

    Thank you for your service, and please do not strafe Penny Arcade.

  • LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Registered User
    Aurich wrote:
    Laemkral wrote:
    As the person who was more than happy to fork over thousands of dollars to help little kids in hospitals, especially in exchange for a piece of immortality and 15 Internet minutes of fame....I am exceptionally satisfied with being a giant warrior fighting a Godzilla type monster. Now I just need another deployment so I can afford to donate at that level again...

    Thank you for your service, and please do not strafe Penny Arcade.

    You're welcome, and given how much Jerry went out of his way to meet up with me at PAX to discuss the comic, they have been saved from strafings. My thanks go out to the PA crew for working with me (I live in Germany, added to the trickiness of coordinating) on getting my input for the comic and helping to make it something that I can be proud to purchase a giant print of and get framed (which I will be doing) while still appealing to the community so you guys get a laugh out of it.

    So yeah, this totally means I now need to get a skin tight outfit like in the comic so I can cosplay as myself at a PAX. ;)

    Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    This is bad ass.

    Im assuming the 4th panel would involve you riding Godzilla as your steed.

  • AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User
    edited December 2011
    Laemkral wrote:
    So yeah, this totally means I now need to get a skin tight outfit like in the comic so I can cosplay as myself at a PAX. ;)

    You are hereby granted permission to have a massive codpiece on that costume. Only thing I thought was lacking in this comic.

    Ashoka on
    WNskB.jpg
  • ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Laemkral wrote:
    So yeah, this totally means I now need to get a skin tight outfit like in the comic so I can cosplay as myself at a PAX. ;)

    Firstly, you are awesome.

    Secondly, note the sheen on that skin tight outfit. The specularity. That is some sort of hi-tech polymer, my generous friend. Or maybe latex.

    These sorts of details matter in that perilous game of life-and-death known as cosplay. As a military man, you should be familiar with life-threatening endeavors, and there are none more dangerous than careless cosplay. Not even punching Godzillas.

    ThreadbareSock on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ashoka wrote:
    Laemkral wrote:
    So yeah, this totally means I now need to get a skin tight outfit like in the comic so I can cosplay as myself at a PAX. ;)

    You are hereby granted permission to have a massive codpiece on that costume. Only thing I thought was lacking in this comic.

    Might as well go diamond encrusted to make things even more over-the-top and awesome.

    Also, congrats and thanks Laemkral. I would say that you scored the best Child's Play comic!

    tumblr_li9xsd4E7Z1qez58yo1_250.gif

    Rehab on
  • kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    At first I thought it said "Punch Kicking" and I was like "oh, snap! The subtle buggers slipped in a Community reference."

    But "Punch King" is cool, too.

    Thank you for your service, Scott. Stay safe, wherever you are. My own brother just got back yesterday from dismantling a base in Iraq; we are very happy to have him home.

  • Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    No! No shitting. >:O

    Fatty McBeardo on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal Flo-ridaRegistered User regular
    I laughed out loud


    PUNCH KING

  • rabidmuskratrabidmuskrat Registered User
    You are hereby granted permission to have a massive codpiece on that costume. Only thing I thought was lacking in this comic.
    I hadn't noticed that before, but now I can't unnotice it. Thanks for that.

  • jwalkjwalk frosty Registered User regular
    uhoh godzilla lawsuit in 3..2...

  • FederationZFederationZ Registered User
    make a punch king wallpaper plz! 1920 x 1080

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2011
    Just a little more turn of the hand and we'd have the Punchking Phenomenon.

    EDIT: Although with the upgraded artstyle, I will go ahead and dub this "The Punchking Phenomenon."

    Munkus Beaver on
    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    Laemkral wrote:
    So yeah, this totally means I now need to get a skin tight outfit like in the comic so I can cosplay as myself at a PAX. ;)

    Firstly, you are awesome.

    Secondly, note the sheen on that skin tight outfit. The specularity. That is some sort of hi-tech polymer, my generous friend. Or maybe latex.

    These sorts of details matter in that perilous game of life-and-death known as cosplay. As a military man, you should be familiar with life-threatening endeavors, and there are none more dangerous than careless cosplay. Not even punching Godzillas.

    But when one is cosplaying as themselves, can one's costume ever be said to be inaccurate?

  • LTMLTM Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote:
    Laemkral wrote:
    So yeah, this totally means I now need to get a skin tight outfit like in the comic so I can cosplay as myself at a PAX. ;)

    Firstly, you are awesome.

    Secondly, note the sheen on that skin tight outfit. The specularity. That is some sort of hi-tech polymer, my generous friend. Or maybe latex.

    These sorts of details matter in that perilous game of life-and-death known as cosplay. As a military man, you should be familiar with life-threatening endeavors, and there are none more dangerous than careless cosplay. Not even punching Godzillas.

    But when one is cosplaying as themselves, can one's costume ever be said to be inaccurate?

    Oh, the schism that could form in the cosplay community.

    Which of himself would be the one-true-canon?

  • Saint_DipsetSaint_Dipset Registered User
    Thanks for inspiring/paying for a great comic, Punchking. You have nice thighs.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    LTM wrote:
    KalTorak wrote:
    Laemkral wrote:
    So yeah, this totally means I now need to get a skin tight outfit like in the comic so I can cosplay as myself at a PAX. ;)

    Firstly, you are awesome.

    Secondly, note the sheen on that skin tight outfit. The specularity. That is some sort of hi-tech polymer, my generous friend. Or maybe latex.

    These sorts of details matter in that perilous game of life-and-death known as cosplay. As a military man, you should be familiar with life-threatening endeavors, and there are none more dangerous than careless cosplay. Not even punching Godzillas.

    But when one is cosplaying as themselves, can one's costume ever be said to be inaccurate?

    Oh, the schism that could form in the cosplay community.

    Which of himself would be the one-true-canon?

    Whichever one writes the slashfic.

    Excision wrote: »
    My girlfriend is going down tonight!

    Steam:MichaelLC
  • Snarkman3Snarkman3 Registered User
    I, for one, would be honored to be in the same comic as that gabeface.

  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    The Child's Play strip is one of my favorite fucking things to look forward to each year. I'm never let down.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Twisp and Catsby showing up for its yearly strip is always great too.

    Also unexpected stuff like Automata.

  • jippeejippee Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Laemkral wrote:
    As the person who was more than happy to fork over thousands of dollars to help little kids in hospitals, especially in exchange for a piece of immortality and 15 Internet minutes of fame....I am exceptionally satisfied with being a giant warrior fighting a Godzilla type monster. Now I just need another deployment so I can afford to donate at that level again...

    Start with distilling your avatar from this comic and putting "Punch King" under it...


    punch_king.jpg

    jippee on
    Druhim wrote: »
    Most of the time, reading jippee's posts feels like he's posting from another planet or even a different solar system.
    tynic wrote: »
    also: SE++ gay as hell



  • The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Oh man, this is my fav Child's Play strip ever. Ultraman AND Godzilla?!


    Come to think of it, has ultraman ever fought godzilla...

    LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Oh man, this is my fav Child's Play strip ever. Ultraman AND Godzilla?!


    Come to think of it, has ultraman ever fought godzilla...

    Not to my knowledge. There was Jet Jaguar, but he doesn't count. Jet Jaguar never counts.

    "If anyone tried to steal your WAX LIPS, you would eat their eyeballs and deliver an angry lecture into their empty sockets." Hearts Boxcars, The Midnight Crew
  • LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Registered User
    jippee wrote:
    Laemkral wrote:
    As the person who was more than happy to fork over thousands of dollars to help little kids in hospitals, especially in exchange for a piece of immortality and 15 Internet minutes of fame....I am exceptionally satisfied with being a giant warrior fighting a Godzilla type monster. Now I just need another deployment so I can afford to donate at that level again...

    Start with distilling your avatar from this comic and putting "Punch King" under it...


    punch_king.jpg

    I will give 1000 Internets to anyone who does that for me, because I'm so god awful with any kind of photo editing. I just do not have the patience or desire to practice and learn how to use GIMP or Photoshop to do even simple stuff like that. Until then, I will be using this wonderful image you've already produced!

    Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User
    Laemkral wrote:
    I will give 1000 Internets to anyone who does that for me, because I'm so god awful with any kind of photo editing. I just do not have the patience or desire to practice and learn how to use GIMP or Photoshop to do even simple stuff like that. Until then, I will be using this wonderful image you've already produced!

    Haha, that works pretty good actually with the current Xmas icicles theme.

    WNskB.jpg
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Laemkral wrote:
    jippee wrote:
    Laemkral wrote:
    As the person who was more than happy to fork over thousands of dollars to help little kids in hospitals, especially in exchange for a piece of immortality and 15 Internet minutes of fame....I am exceptionally satisfied with being a giant warrior fighting a Godzilla type monster. Now I just need another deployment so I can afford to donate at that level again...

    Start with distilling your avatar from this comic and putting "Punch King" under it...


    punch_king.jpg

    I will give 1000 Internets to anyone who does that for me, because I'm so god awful with any kind of photo editing. I just do not have the patience or desire to practice and learn how to use GIMP or Photoshop to do even simple stuff like that. Until then, I will be using this wonderful image you've already produced!

    kFByu.jpg

  • AurichAurich Registered User regular
    MKR wrote:
    Laemkral wrote:
    jippee wrote:
    Laemkral wrote:
    As the person who was more than happy to fork over thousands of dollars to help little kids in hospitals, especially in exchange for a piece of immortality and 15 Internet minutes of fame....I am exceptionally satisfied with being a giant warrior fighting a Godzilla type monster. Now I just need another deployment so I can afford to donate at that level again...

    Start with distilling your avatar from this comic and putting "Punch King" under it...


    punch_king.jpg

    I will give 1000 Internets to anyone who does that for me, because I'm so god awful with any kind of photo editing. I just do not have the patience or desire to practice and learn how to use GIMP or Photoshop to do even simple stuff like that. Until then, I will be using this wonderful image you've already produced!

    kFByu.jpg

    That looks very commercial. And I REALLY want to see that movie now.

  • LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Registered User
    MKR gets 1000 Internets and a special place in my sig. THANK YOU!!

    Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    I will invest my Internets wisely.

  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    A goddamn Ultraman reference yes yes this is what I want.

    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
  • PandabearcakesPandabearcakes Registered User regular
    Laemkral wrote:
    As the person who was more than happy to fork over thousands of dollars to help little kids in hospitals, especially in exchange for a piece of immortality and 15 Internet minutes of fame....I am exceptionally satisfied with being a giant warrior fighting a Godzilla type monster. Now I just need another deployment so I can afford to donate at that level again...

    Thank you for being wonderful.

  • LaOsLaOs Registered User regular
    Laemkral,

    Awesomeness, definitely. The only improvement I could suggest would be to have your signature actually link to your comic. :D

  • LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Registered User
    I hope you'll all forgive me one final moment of attention whoring, but I ordered a print of the comic, Gabe and Tycho were awesome enough to sign it, and it just arrived today in Germany less than a week after shipping. It made my day, what with today being the last day of Hannukah and all. I just wanted to share the awesome with you all:
    390753_10100169149110867_24605463_45417341_1836253801_n.jpg

    Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
Sign In or Register to comment.