Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Call of Duty] Old Thread Is Old Use New Thread

iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha StewartRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in Games and Technology
360 Group - Military Wizards
PS3 Group - We Are Nice Guys
PC Group - Battlefield 3


Weapon Charts:
Spoiler:

Known Weapon Glitches:

Akimbo FMG9s kill everything on the screen, always.
LMGs + Thermal = a goddam laser rifle
CM901 + Tube OR Masterkey = Increased rate of fire
[Soon to be patched] Shotgun(s) + Extended Mags = More Pellets per round and more rounds per reload
Type 95 = Castration

Also; once you get to 8 kills in Specialist (7 with hardline) you not only get all the perks, but also all the weapon proficiencies

PC Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PARCADEMODERNWAR

Welcome to the Call of Duty thread!

The Virtual Prostate Exam Simulator!

-PERK LIST-


Perk Slot 1
Spoiler:
Perk Slot 2
Spoiler:
Perk Slot 3
Spoiler:



-CALL OF DUTY ELITE INFORMATION-


callofdutyelite.png


See top of this post for gun stats
Domhnall wrote:
List of guns is as follows:

Assault Rifles:
Spoiler:

Sniper Rifles:
Spoiler:

Sub Machine Guns:
Spoiler:

Light Machine Guns:
Spoiler:

Shotguns:
Spoiler:

Pistols:
Spoiler:

Machine Pistols:
Spoiler:

Launchers:
Spoiler:

Non-Lethal Equipment:
Spoiler:

Think I got everything.
Modern Warfare 3's New Strike Packages and Pointstreaks
Before I get into the meat of what Strike Packages mean for Modern Warfare 3, say goodbye to the killstreak. And say hello to pointstreaks, all 28 of them. No longer will player kills be the only way to build up streaks. Sure, kills still count, but in MW3, completing objectives in gametypes like Capture the Flag and Seek and Destroy will reward players with points they can cash in to call in recon drones, attack helicopters, sentries and other power-ups. Kill assists count toward pointstreak numbers too, letting supporting players, not just the dominant virtual marksman have all the fun.

Full sizeInfinity Ward's Robert Bowling explained the change at Call of Duty XP, saying "the killstreak system was optimized for one game type: Team Deathmatch." Now, players will be rewarded more handsomely for actually completing each gametype's objectives.

Modern Warfare 3's pointstreaks come in three groups, dubbed Strike Packages. Players can customize their classes with one of three Strike Packages, adding a new layer of personalization to COD multiplayer. The three types are Assault, Support and Specialist. Each has its own list of 'streaks. Here they are.

If you like "big body counts, the Assault package is for you. With Assault, you can call in UAVs and care package drops, naturally, but this is also where the big guns live: assault helicopters, AC130, Predator missiles, mortar strikes, Juggernaut suits. Assault brings the pain. Your streak count will reset every time you die, if you go for the Assault Strike Package.

Support is about "helping the team win," not just stacking your body count. Sounds nice, doesn't it? For the less aggressive team player, Support deals in 'streaks that lean more defensive. This includes the option to drop a remote gun turret, call in a hacked airdrop, deploy ballistic vests to your team, drop an EMP or, ultimately, call in an Osprey gunship that also delivers five airdrop packages (one of them hacked). With Support, your streak count will not reset upon death.

Finally, Specialist is all about perks. Become a super soldier with Specialist, which lets players stack on additional perks. You'll get up to six perks—including Sleight of Hand, Hardline, Recon, et al—as the 'streaks pile up. After your eighth kill, however, you get every perk available to you. You become a monster.

With thanks to Jaunty, Dietary, plus everyone else for the old OP. Alas, due to new forum post limit constraints, I've had to chop it all off. We needed a new OP anyways! Old one's linked below.


Old Thread with MW2 info and stuff
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/150826/cod-shotgun-nerf-inbound.-somehow-this-isnt-a-joke/p1

iRevert on
steam_sig.png
«134567100

Posts

  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    A couple of quibbles with the OP re: weapon glitches.

    First, the LMGs only need Thermals, not Thermal and Grip.

    And the CM901 still has a faster rate of fire with underslungs. I know because I had to scrounge a RDS'd version after running dry on my shootier CM a few seconds before. The fire rates were obviously different.

    On another note: WHY MUST EVERYTHING I WANT BE SO LATE IN THE PRESTIGE. Two more custom class slots and I'm never leaving you again Trophy System.

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.
    Spoiler:
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 Yeah, I know, I missed Registered User regular
    Oh hey the clip I uploaded ages ago is up



    Like I told Josh earlier, I finish S&D matches with style.

    And yes, that is a throwing knife sailing just over my shoulder.

  • TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    sexy

    PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Onslaught_FeiOnslaught_Fei Registered User regular
    Oh hey the clip I uploaded ages ago is up
    Spoiler:

    Like I told Josh earlier, I finish S&D matches with style.

    And yes, that is a throwing knife sailing just over my shoulder.

    Very nice.

    XBL: Onslaught Fei
  • musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    my upload also worked, amazing...but it cuts through transitions instead of showing some of the more violent kills

    sic2sig.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 Yeah, I know, I missed Registered User regular
    Fun fact: @joshgotro could probably have afforded Gold with the money he could have saved by turning off his 360 when he wasn't using it.

    (Get Gold damn it).

  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Fun fact: @joshgotro could probably have afforded Gold with the money he could have saved by turning off his 360 when he wasn't using it.

    (Get Gold damn it).

    He also leaves his PC on 24/7. I bet he leaves all his lights on, too, and has the heater running constantly!

    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis

    steam_sig.png
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    New thread. Holla back.

    419256_10150651581260864_1554080121_n.jpg
  • EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    Dashui wrote:
    Fun fact: @joshgotro could probably have afforded Gold with the money he could have saved by turning off his 360 when he wasn't using it.

    (Get Gold damn it).

    He also leaves his PC on 24/7. I bet he leaves all his lights on, too, and has the heater running constantly!

    To be fair, he only runs the heater because the A/C makes it too cold.

  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Edgie wrote:
    Dashui wrote:
    Fun fact: @joshgotro could probably have afforded Gold with the money he could have saved by turning off his 360 when he wasn't using it.

    (Get Gold damn it).

    He also leaves his PC on 24/7. I bet he leaves all his lights on, too, and has the heater running constantly!

    To be fair, he only runs the heater because the A/C makes it too cold.

    All of these facts point only to one conclusion: the man has a perpetual motion machine in his basement. Composed of scores of genetically-altered golden hamsters running on treadmills, fueled by longevity treatments he is testing for his own use even as we read this.

    MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Smile Puddin'! Registered User regular
    Had some pretty good times this weekend, solo and with PA mans. Some highlights include:

    Discovering the PP90M1 AKA the best gun in the game. ADSing is for fat people and women. Real men kind of point their gun at what they want to die and and empty a whole clipazine into them in less than a second. That gun is the only reason I now have a KDR above 1.

    Discovering that EMPs cancel pred missiles. Waat!? I believe it was Resistance Dom, specifically "A". Four of us just capped it, and there was an enemy missile coming. Fraction of a second before it hit, I EMP'd :D

    A plethora of Quad and Quint multikills from my little schnookums. Schmoozy woozums, wuv you! Daddy'll be home soon <3

    PA EMP spam. Dom Interchange, I had an EMP ready to go, waiting for a good time to use it. Pred missile in bound "Friendly EMP, their electronics are offlineFriendly EMP, their electronics are offlineFriendly EMP, their electronics are offline". Bah ha ha... we did it again on Seatown, right when the match ended and we could hear the other team talking "Again with the EMPs...!"

    And my favorite, getting up to pee and then feed my cats. I missed like half a match of Dom Village. Still came in third on the leaderboard and got the game winner off my Stealth Bomber.

    It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 Yeah, I know, I missed Registered User regular
    I had one of the table umbrellas on Resistance protect me from a Predator today.

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Bloat much? Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    MrVyngaard wrote:
    Edgie wrote:
    Dashui wrote:
    Fun fact: @joshgotro could probably have afforded Gold with the money he could have saved by turning off his 360 when he wasn't using it.

    (Get Gold damn it).

    He also leaves his PC on 24/7. I bet he leaves all his lights on, too, and has the heater running constantly!

    To be fair, he only runs the heater because the A/C makes it too cold.

    All of these facts point only to one conclusion: the man has a perpetual motion machine in his basement. Composed of scores of genetically-altered golden hamsters running on treadmills, fueled by longevity treatments he is testing for his own use even as we read this.

    It's not for a lack of money bags guys.

    Edit: Silly billies.

  • eekseeks Registered User regular
    Some riot shield videos.

    Doing work with the riot shield. Hardhat is definitely the best map for it. I feel like the broken spawns hurt riot shields the most because you have to be confident of where the direction of the battle is and where the enemies could be coming from and that is just not the case in MW3.



    Riot bash game winning kills 1 and 2 from the weekend. Downturn map I knifed a guy (probably through his shield), picked up his shield and did work:

    GWK#1

    GWK#2


    And proof of how broken riot shields are. Same guy knives me straight through my shield 2x in the same location and once nearby. He does nothing special just does a knife thrust while aiming at the middle of my shield and I die:



    Speaking of broken spawns...I spawned directly behind a guy who spawned there less than a second before me.



    Will aka eeks aka Tendentiousness (on XBL)
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Oh, we posting videos in here?

  • HandfalconHandfalcon Registered User regular
    Ahh, that behind the back dpawn would get me to rage, and I don't rage often.

    steam_sig.png
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    A couple pages late, but you can knife your own Trophy System?

    I need to hit 45 and get Sitrep Pro before they patch that! (I'm not planning on prestiging again)

    Your belief is not required
  • musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    My buddy got a trophy system kill last night. Apparently the thing detonated a grenade close to a bad guy?

    sic2sig.jpg
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Registered User regular
    Haha, I'm gonna have to start running a trophy system, if just for the lulz. :P

  • SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    gjaustin wrote:
    A couple pages late, but you can knife your own Trophy System?

    I need to hit 45 and get Sitrep Pro before they patch that! (I'm not planning on prestiging again)
    From what I read earlier, it sounds like you can. And it does count towards Sitrep Pro

    Also, I used for FAD for the first time. I have to say, that gun is a lot more fun than I was expecting.

    Just prestiged and now I'm trying to decide if I want to unlock it permanently or not.

    Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | PSN - Degojin
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    musanman wrote:
    My buddy got a trophy system kill last night. Apparently the thing detonated a grenade close to a bad guy?

    Yes, the detonation from the trophy system can kill you depending on how close you are when it blows up...

    I've seen a video of someone throwing vests and dying from the explosion the system creates.

  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    Wife's in labor. Looks like no COD today, lol. :D

    419256_10150651581260864_1554080121_n.jpg
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Smile Puddin'! Registered User regular
    "Honey, the baby's coming!"

    One Second... GOD *Logs onto Forums* :P
    Spoiler:

    It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    gratz man, and good luck.

  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Congrats milk! Make sure to warn the kid about the spawn camping doctor.
    CoD related: I need to find out if anyone recorded a match from last night. Dom on Village (I know, narrows it down). I chunk a flash at B and get first blood. I'm guessing he got Final Standed by someone else. I just want the clip for my YouTube.

  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Registered User regular
    This one will be much easier when you can train Harvey to look after the baby while you answer the call of duty.

    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    Wow. That was a crazy fast delivery. We're already done, lol. Clara Luck, delivered at 11:09am. I posted this from my laptop in the hospital room, by the way, hah. Hey, that was so quick, maybe I'll get some COD in today, after all. :P Just kidding.

    419256_10150651581260864_1554080121_n.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    That was fast, like you went out for a burger or something.

    And congratulations.

  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2011
    Dragkonias wrote:
    That was fast, like you went out for a burger or something.

    And congratulations.
    "Hey, I'm just going down the street to get a baby, you want one?"

    I don't know why, but when we were on Carbon and I started singing The Touch, my game went from ass to fantastic. Thank you, Stan Bush.

    sPider817 on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Bloat much? Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Registered User regular
    Spider needs to lead us on a Call of duty sing-along adventure.

    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    Congrats Ducks!

  • Skull2185Skull2185 Smile Puddin'! Registered User regular
    Bah ha ha ha!

    Thread title is pure joy! :^:

    It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    Thread title kicks ass, lol. It's funny because it's actually true. We got here at 10:24am, and she came out at 11:09am.

    419256_10150651581260864_1554080121_n.jpg
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular


    I will never be as good with a reaper as Sandy is.

    Something for you to watch while you wait for respawns,Ducks.

  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:
    Thread title kicks ass, lol. It's funny because it's actually true. We got here at 10:24am, and she came out at 11:09am.

    Ah the miracle that is
    Spoiler:

    steam_sig.png
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Sounds like your wife fixed the spawns.

    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like your wife fixed the spawns.

    I guess you could say Ducks was...

    u8t.jpg

    iRevert on
    steam_sig.png
  • TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    congrats, ducks! :^: thread title

    and ive gotten some pretty nice reaper, kills, but certainly nothing in the same caliber as sandy. there was one match on village where i got 2 or 3 sweet bank shot ones, but then they all hid in the cave where i couldnt get at them :(

    EDIT: how do you upload your vids to youtube? i have a bunch saved in my vault right now.

    TheSecretSeventh on
    PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
«134567100
This discussion has been closed.